Post a group with the lone white dude

Comments

• CBearCBear 902 Posts

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts

This ones always funny. Since I seen 2 dudes in 1 pic before. Also the keytar player in Cameo is a fucking trip, in the videos he was always like a fucking NARC or an SNL character and all wolverine and kenny g, I swear you should spot that dude in Candy on youtube if you're ready for a laugh. He's like animal from the muppets. There is no bad time for that video. I want that going in the the foyer at my funeral, and they can play the Biz version of "Benny and the Jets" during the ceremony. It would go well with all the crying.

I think that dude in the fatback band is Creole. Acadians don't naturally have afros but their creole ancestry that followed got plenty a perfect one like that from their haitian cousins. Maybe they all aren't from NO though. Plenty of white dudes from there still that aren't cajun, but that fro is just too kosher.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

hahaha! YES!

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts

hahahaha

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts

the legendary tim westwood of BBC [as in radio 1, not boot blamp click]

• dextahdextah 77 Posts

This ones always funny. Since I seen 2 dudes in 1 pic before. Also the keytar player in Cameo is a fucking trip, in the videos he was always like a fucking NARC or an SNL character and all wolverine and kenny g, I swear you should spot that dude in Candy on youtube if you're ready for a laugh. He's like animal from the muppets. There is no bad time for that video. I want that going in the the foyer at my funeral, and they can play the Biz version of "Benny and the Jets" during the ceremony. It would go well with all the crying.

I think that dude in the fatback band is Creole. Acadians don't naturally have afros but their creole ancestry that followed got plenty a perfect one like that from their haitian cousins. Maybe they all aren't from NO though. Plenty of white dudes from there still that aren't cajun, but that fro is just too kosher.

guess what buddy....the white guy is actually prince...

• the legendary tim westwood of BBC [as in radio 1, not boot blamp click]

dru-ha:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

I always thought hoLmes looked like David Schwimmer.

Actually, that should be the other way around.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    its a crappy picture......

disqualification perhaps... ??.... He is alone though.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Also the keytar player in Cameo is a fucking trip, in the videos he was always like a fucking NARC or an SNL character and all wolverine and kenny g, I swear you should spot that dude in Candy on youtube if you're ready for a laugh. He's like animal from the muppets. There is no bad time for that video. I want that going in the the foyer at my funeral, and they can play the Biz version of "Benny and the Jets" during the ceremony. It would go well with all the crying.

oh, and,

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

- spidey

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

DONT MESS WITH THE BIG DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

I always thought Charlie Haden looked cool in the early days. Later on... not so much. I can't find any pics of him when he was playing with Ornette again (late 80s?) and looking incredibly square. But anyway, he is frequently the lone white dude:

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i think dude is just light skinted in this pic.

• Damn, WAR is a good one. I shoulda thought of that.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

I don't see Prince anywhere in this photo...

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Damn, WAR is a good one. I shoulda thought of that.

somebody earlier in this thread already did (what'd y'all do, skip ahead to the end?)

The Bar-Kays, ca. 1967.

And while I was searching for pix of the Bar-Kays' interracial lineups (two different Caucasian members in two different versions of the band), I found THIS "WTF" image:

(Two of the Bar-Kays with Zsa Zsa Gabor at the Wattstax premiere...)

• I always thought Charlie Haden looked cool in the early days. Later on... not so much. I can't find any pics of him when he was playing with Ornette again (late 80s?) and looking incredibly square. But anyway, he is frequently the lone white dude:

where there isn't much light, there's funk.

uh, forget that statement

• somebody earlier in this thread already did (what'd y'all do, skip ahead to the end?)

Oh, okay, but posted no pic so musta missed it.

somebody earlier in this thread already did (what'd y'all do, skip ahead to the end?)

Oh, okay, but posted no pic so musta missed it.

CBear posted an unidentified B&W pic earlier in the thread, but it's all good either way.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

• dextahdextah 77 Posts

I don't see Prince anywhere in this photo...

2nd from the left

there's also this band called the family where prince is in it as st.paul

the back of the record has a better shot where you can clearly see it's prince

surely someone can confirm this

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Anyone else unsuccessfully search around for an old pic of Scott Storch and the Roots?

• chrischris 287 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts