Video encoding / compression...

dreskieboogiedreskieboogie 951 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Anybody here working with videocompression. Im currently using Sorensen Squeeze but I would like a faster alternative. Any suggestions?I usually encode a quicktime ref file to Mpeg4 before doing ftp-transfer and would like have the possibility of still doing it that way.Also is there any way to rip / download a youtube clip? I know this has been up on the forum before but cant find anything with the search engine.Thanks in advance,Dress

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Anybody here working with videocompression. Im currently using Sorensen Squeeze but I would like a faster alternative. Any suggestions?

I usually encode a quicktime ref file to Mpeg4 before doing ftp-transfer and would like have the possibility of still doing it that way.

Also is there any way to rip / download a youtube clip? I know this has been up on the forum before but cant find anything with the search engine.

Thanks in advance,

Dress

try Popwire, much faster than Squeeze, solid program all round.

Tubesock for Youtube.

I forgot, popwire is called Episode now:

http://www.flip4mac.com/episode.htm

• Sorry, forgot to add that Im on a PC.

Peace,

Dress

Oh, sorry I dont really know which one is good for PC..
    For the occasional encoding Quicktime Pro might be good.

• mpeg streamclip
    Very handy little program for converting and exporting, especially when you need to rip small segments off a DVD.

• Also is there any way to rip / download a youtube clip? I know this has been up on the forum before but cant find anything with the search engine.

This is the tool I use for youtube clips

http://vconvert.net/

• Im working with Avid on a PC and usually I have exported the story as a quicktime ref. file before using Sorensen Squeeze to encode the quicktime to mpeg4.

Thanks for the tip regarding Squared. It doesnt seem to be able to handle quicktime input which would mean that I would have to export the file as an .avi before using Squared.

Ill try it.

Thanks,

Dress

• I did make it work with tubesock which is extremely easy to use but thanks anyway.

Dress