The Invasion (Cinematic Turd Related?)

onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Anyone check this out? It's supposed to be terrible, but I'm interested for two reasons: it was shot locally, and the original director (before being fired in favor of 30 days of reshoots by another dude) was Oliver Hirschbiegel of the amazing German last-days-of-Hitler film "Downfall." Wondering if this has any redeeming facets, if anyone's heard if an original director's cut is destined for DVD, etc.

Comments

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    I'm gonna wait for the DVD.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I'm gonna wait for the two dollar chinatown [/b] DVD.

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Anyone check this out? It's supposed to be terrible, but I'm interested for two reasons: it was shot locally, and the original director (before being fired in favor of 30 days of reshoots by another dude) was Oliver Hirschbiegel of the amazing German last-days-of-Hitler film "Downfall."

Wondering if this has any redeeming facets, if anyone's heard if an original director's cut is destined for DVD, etc.

The reviews have been mixed, at best, but in terms of being shot locally, there's a few placement shots of D.C. but most of it was shot in Los Angeles. I've yet to hear anyone say the film is superior to the original or '70s remake.

Sounds skippable.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

The reviews have been mixed, at best, but in terms of being shot locally, there's a few placement shots of D.C. but most of it was shot in Los Angeles. I've yet to hear anyone say the film is superior to the original or '70s remake.

Sounds skippable.

There were circa 60 days of shooting here in Bmore (doubling for DC) over a year ago (probably closer to 2) -- kept many Wire crew members employed while the show was on hiatus. But from what I've heard the film favors the non-Bmore reshoots over Hirschbiegel's original shoot here.