WTF? eBay Related -

PEKPEK 735 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Okay, I sold a CD on eBay to someone in Athens, GA - shipped it from Canada immediately on Monday morning after payment was submitted on Saturday - person received it exactly 10 days after payment forwarded - leaves a positive, but goes on to say in comments somethin' to the effect: 'Shipment took 10 days, but otherwise good seller'??? Don't be surprised if there's a new addition on the blocked bidder list... If you're been buyin' goods in the US from only US vendors, I can understand the 3-4 day normal allocation via USPS, but (coming from Canada) it's gotta go across a (fairly porous border, admittedly), Customs, etc.I wish eBay would do some sorta selective filter that prevents people incapable of intelligent thought from biddin' - fewer bids yes, but less headaches and inanity...

Comments

• I've had some bad shipping experiences via Canada. It seems like items can get her from the UK in a few days, whereas stuff coming across the US/Canada border can take upwards of a week. Damn Canadian terrorists....

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    I've had some bad shipping experiences via Canada. It seems like items can get her from the UK in a few days, whereas stuff coming across the US/Canada border can take upwards of a week. Damn Canadian terrorists....

Nah, I feel you - sh*t gets to the UK w/in 2/3 days (somethin' I guess about bein' an old Commonwealth colony), but I ain't tryin' to procrastinate and once I drop it off at the post office, it's on Canada (Slow) Post... Where's the damn media mail option or insurance (instead of gougin' via only 'Registered')?

I suspect the real reason for the glaring differences in delivery time is that mail that goes across the Atlantic is bein' expedited via air whereas a lot of mail b/w Canada and the US is just goin' over land... Doesn't mean I'm payin' less for the service though...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    why not respond to the feedback with an explanation on why it took that long? Might neutralize the situation.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Canadian airmail=american media mail, which is totally .

Lesson learned? Don't privatize your mail system.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    It could be worse. The comments will get buried as you get more of them. Not worth stressing.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    who reads positive feedback anyway?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Canadian airmail=american media mail, which is totally .

Lesson learned? Don't privatize your mail system.

Too true - when I lived in DC and the ATL, there was little or no trepidation sendin' mail... Peace of mind isn't one of the creature comforts that Canada Post instills...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    why not respond to the feedback with an explanation on why it took that long? Might neutralize the situation.

It could be worse. The comments will get buried as you get more of them. Not worth stressing.

Duly noted - more of a reaction comin' after a conscientious effort to get the product out ASAP is all...

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    Why do buyers assume that ever seller goes to the post office every day?

Why do buyers wait 2 weeks to make payment but then expect you to ship their record the second that payment is made?

Why do buyers always seem to want to count Sundays within days that it takes for their record to arrive?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

Why do buyers wait 2 weeks to make payment but then expect you to ship their record the second that payment is made?

Exactly. I always get these guys who take their time paying, but send me multiple emails mere days after I received payment asking, "I paid for this item, why haven't you sent it yet?" Some folks seem to be under the impression that delivery is instantaneous.