Jon Lucien - a special talent R.I.P.

BelsonBelson 880 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I don't often get caught up with R.I.P. threads, but this fellow was totally under-rated and so humble about his gift.I saw him live about 2 years ago in London, and his voice just swept me away - and all from sitting on a stool on the corner of the stage.Mr Lucien - I'll miss you, but cherish what you brought to my ears and my soul.

Comments

• Damn, how old was he? R.I.P.

• Rest In Peace

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Damn, how old was he? R.I.P.

Man. This is truly sad news. I've been a fan of his for years and was lucky enough to meet him years ago. A truly unique musician and just as gentle and kind in person as he was on his records.

RIP Jon Lucien.

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    That's really sad news.
    Will be playing his records today.

RIP

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This is sad news. RIP to a great talent.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Rashida all day. RIP.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Definately a one-of-a-kind dude. R.I.P.

• wow, really surprising and sad news. what a huge and unique talent. some moments from Rashida are like my ultimate god-head music

adding I Am Now and Rashida to near-future playlist.

you know it's getting bad when you don't have time to get through all your memorial playlists.

RIP

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    Sad news indeed...

Rashida is just one of those magical recordings where everything falls into place perfectly, such an essential LP....

R.I.P.

• wow, i didn't know, RIP.

i played "would you believe in me" on friday and had some heads ask about it.

this man's voice is timeless.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Sad news indeed...

Rashida is just one of those magical recordings where everything falls into place perfectly, such an essential LP....

R.I.P.

Have had it on repeat since I heard the news.

So amazing.

• an, RIP. What a beautiful voice.

• Options
    RIP, I love dudes music