Budweiser Records

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
What exactly is the pull of the Budweiser records. Are they all worth money, or just some? I passed on a Budweiser Billy Ocean record, popsikestake of a lifetime? Speak on itPeaceT.N.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I have a George Benson 7" on Michelob, which features various radio spots he did. Not sure if the Billy Ocean is the same thing, or just a record his people agreed to do as sponsorship for a tour.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Budweiser records are live recordings I think of a big concert series or something. Marcofunk paid big $ for a Luther Vandross Budweiser one, and even stuff like The Temptations is allegedly $ according to poopsike. I was just curious why dudes were after these (Northern Soul? Killer live soul moves?) and does it apply to all Budweiser records.

• Most of the Budweiser 12"s that I've observed going for a lot are of obscure local 80's R&B and modern soul acts. They're definitely not all worth money although several of them are.

• You can see some of those on my Starstream discography:

http://forbiddeneye.com/labels/starstream.html

• HamHam 872 Posts

etc.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I've been curious/keeping my eyes peeled for these recently too. Several years back, I came across a kinda cool late-80s Coca-Cola-sponsored comp of local rap/r&b acts from - I think- Detroit. I was never able to get a or any more info on it or anything, though. The artists aren't that great, but they're definately real local kids and the final product doesn't feel less "street" as a result of the Coke affiliation, which is pretty neat. I've always wondered if there are any more such comps out there repping other cities that have at least one random rap gem amongst the turds.