Anita Baker (grown folks only)

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Yes, I'm half faded on a Saturday night listening to Anita Baker and feeling her in a major way. I was looking thru some records and pulled out Songstress and ended up listening to the whole thing. From Chapter 8 to Rapture she has been putting it down for the grown and sexy. I have no shame.PHILL AND STACKS I'M LOOKING AT YOU

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    "baby, you give good love..."

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    no shame.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    no shame.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    good looks just finished smokin a bowl...

I think I might myself. Man this cut brings back memories for real. '92 Job Corps days.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    bet - I need that. yo you heard from Doze?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    hit me on myspace a bit ago, but i been on the dl since i hit cali...
    saw sc*tty though the other day & he said he chillin...
    when you commin this way? me & wifey tryin to get your way soon to chill the fuck out by the pool will def keep you posted...

Let me know. I got you covered out here no doubt.

Tlaquepaque mission is

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    dude....anita is my shit. straight up and down.

with all my heart i love you baby.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Yes, I'm half faded on a Saturday night listening to Anita Baker and feeling her in a major way. I was looking thru some records and pulled out Songstress and ended up listening to the whole thing. From Chapter 8 to Rapture she has been putting it down for the grown and sexy. I have no shame.

PHILL AND STACKS I'M LOOKING AT YOU

and I in a major way. Many an "ep" was (and still are) swung to her music.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• VitaminVitamin 631 Posts

Yes, I'm half faded on a Saturday night listening to Anita Baker and feeling her in a major way. I was looking thru some records and pulled out Songstress and ended up listening to the whole thing. From Chapter 8 to Rapture she has been putting it down for the grown and sexy. I have no shame.

Hell yes. Also, the one after rapture with "Just Because." But agreed chapter 8 and songstress are amazing. Angel is my shit.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Next album after Rapture. I wasnt feelin it when it came out. Only the singles were cool.
    I popped in in the cassette recently and liked it.

She was like a soul savior for radio R&B.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    um, i love anita baker.

i'm also slightly embarassed to admit that i like keith washington

CLASSIC

U shouldnt be. Dude can sing.

And check for his Marvin Gaye You Sure Love To Ball cover one of his albums.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

"Been So Long" has been My Shit ever since "Rapture" first dropped, and I've been bumping "Feel The Need" a lot at home lately. Got a lot of time for Anita.

U shouldnt be. Dude can sing.

nah it's not so much admiting i like keith washington. it's admiting that i enjoy the quiet storm

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

RAY FONG IS THE ANITA BAKER OF THE ART GAME

WHAT?!? you get points for that

it's admiting that i enjoy the quiet storm

Quiet Storm is

The Quiet Storm is where Black Music held on to its heritage.

POST-MODERN SOUL