"I'd Like To Make A Dedication."

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
End of 7th Grade, summer of 1986.J*lie Clemens. Goddamn she was a sexy ass tomboy. I had a crush on her for most of 6th Grade and all of 7th. The 2nd to the last day of school, her best friend ratted me out and basically punked my ass into telling Julie I liked her. We "went around" for exactly a day and a half. Barely even held hands.School ended and Julie went out of town for a couple days. I called her a week later, she said "I don't think it's gonna work" and dumped my ass. That night I called the local radio station and made my first and only dedication:"To Julie from Hermie...'I Miss You' by Klymaxx." Then I hid my tears from my cousin when the song came on.

*sniff*

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    For real? Am I the only emo ass dude in here?

Where my West Coast Art Laboe-calling hoLmeses at?!

To Giggles from Spider and Shy Girl from Big Happy and shit.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Although that was my only public dedication, I've made a few mental ones over the years. It's always been the same song:

Private mindgarden love song dedications.

Now i've heard it all.

Although that was my only public dedication, I've made a few mental ones over the years. It's always been the same song:

Now i've heard it all.

Guess I'm just a hopeless case.

The only reason they remained in the PMG is 'cause at this point I felt I was too old (17-18?) to be calling radio stations.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Now i've heard it all.

Guess I'm just a hopeless case.

The only reason they remained in the PMG is 'cause at this point I felt I was too old (17-18?) to be calling radio stations.

Just clownuin' yo. But yeah, I'd listen to that voice that tells you not to make a love song dedication if you're older than 17.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    This thread deserves more comments. But I'm not the right fellow to make any.

This thread deserves more comments. But I'm not the right fellow to make any.

Thank you!

I find it hard to believe that foolios have never mixed their love for music with their love for the opposite sex.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Whatever...

I've made one dedication in my life. High school video dance.

To Jessica!

It ain't easy bein' cheesy!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

To Jessica!

It ain't easy bein' cheesy!

cheesy whatever. i just watched this on youtube yesterday! and i think i'll watch it again. new edition for life

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    "When Will I See You Smile Again." Bell Biv Devoe

yes!
    and i'll raise you a mint condition "pretty brown eyes (quit breakin my heart)"
    im choking up just thinkin about missy choosing my boy j over me!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RKnbOTvcc2s

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

and i'll raise you a mint condition "pretty brown eyes (quit breakin my heart)"

easily top 5 for me. i posted that in the "90s R&B HEADZ ONLY" thread awhile back and contemplated bumping it last week, but all the links are dead.

i really need to digitize some of my sister's mixtapes and upload them.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    contemplated bumping it last week, but all the links are dead.

by all means, bump away:

Edith,

One sec...

OK. Just made a dedication for ya.

HERE YA GO!

HAWTTTTTTTTTTTTTT