Favorite Popcorn Flavo(u)r

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Growing up in the UK I only ever had sugared popcorn and I remember the first time I picked up a handful of US popcorn and yammed it. :eww: salted shit was nasty to me. I since got used to it and have been diversifying my popcorn palate. I think I was eating some honey chipotle tonight :saucy: Kinda spicy, but not sooo much. Of course this was gourmet popcorn. A similar effect can be had by dousing regular microwave popcorn in hotsauce. What say you? Crackerjack or Smartfood? Or HOT POPCORN?Your tune while you think about it isJoseph's Popcorn (RIP Joseph Henry) apparently this track wasn't even written, but was the groove that the Mighty Imperials were jamming the first time Henry met them at the studio, and he walked in the room and told them to keep it going and he basically freestyled it and they then remixed it to make the track.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

All varieties are good, but the honey mustard is
    popped crack ... can't stop until the bag is empty.

Probably a good thing I can't get it everywhere around
    me, so I only indulge every couple of weeks or so.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    I luvz straight budda Pcorn.
    Yeah I???m a southern gentleman.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I like regular hot butter (say what?) the popcorn, with little to no salt. Cheese popcorn I like too, a light white cheddar.

Every now and then I like caramel corn. Never really thought about putting hot sauce on mine. I will try that next.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    SMART FOOD.
    or nice buttery movie theater popcorn.
    NOT into sweet popcorn.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    nice buttery movie theater popcorn.

Come on, where does this exist? I can believe it's not butter.

I'm not so down with the sweet popcorn anymore but I would be into trying this:

Then again, it just doesn't look right.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Come on, where does this exist? I can believe it's not butter.

i havent actually been to a movie and had popcorn in maad years, but i do like buttery popcorn.

i DO like crackerjack/fiddle faddle type popcorn, but i dont really consider that popcorn, more like candy.

• Options
    I think I have Newman's Own right now, I get the natural flavor and load it up with fresh black pepper.

• Kettlecorn..salty and sweet!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Anyone done the weed+popcorn thing?

(Funky16Corners website #6 in Google image search for "weed+popcorn". L*rry, L*rry, L*rry...)