Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    good shit.

i went to the washington coast with my girlfriend for a day and passed this small lil flea market looking building that had a little sign in the window that read "books and records" so i thought i'ld give it a look to kill some time.

this is what i found....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    3-4 aisles records from the ceiling to the floor

unopened originals sprinkled here and there

this place looked as though it hadn't even been tapped. i asked the lil old lady who owned the store and she told me people rarely came in for records.

not sure if this was the price or what... if anyone has this album lemme kno if it was worth $30,000 haha

picked up a handle full of vinyl, from what i could get my hands on, and came away with this unopened original pressing of seattle jazz/rock artist johnny lewis from seattle's early jazz scene. the story behind the vinyl the lady told me was that he's a neighbor of hers and her husband helped johnny out with a few favors and passed along the last remaining album he had to her husband. dunno if the album's dope or not... or know of it's value but i had to get it regardless.

Son, please put 2 + 2 together. You find an old house FULL of records floor to ceiling and all you walk away with is a lousy Johnny Lewis feelings lp and you think that place looks untapped?????? Please to do some math my friend. Seriously...............That place was tapped like a Ron Jeremy co-star years ago

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I had to sell my set two years ago when I moved back in with my parents. Here on my own again, I am enjoying records. My collection basically consists of this weekends finds from a flea market that I stumbled upon.

That Pope record was purchased on an In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida contingency, which aside romt he one minute opening, is useless, but I haven't listened to the rest of it yet.