Philadelphia international records

BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
What are some dope albums/singles on this label?

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Good thread.

Here are some titles that I like:

KZ 30580 - Going East - Billy Paul [1971] (10-71, #197) East/(If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You?/This Is Your Life/Jesus Boy (You Only Look Like A Man)//Magic Carpet Ride/I Wish It Were Yesterday/Compared To What/Love Buddies/There's A Small Hotel

KZ 31648 - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Harold Melvin & Blue Notes [1972] (9-72, #53) I Miss You/Ebony Woman/Yesterday I Had The Blues//If You Don't Know Me By Now/Be For Real/Let Me Into Your World/Let It Be You

KZ 31712 - Back Stabbers - O'Jays [1972] (9-72, #10) When The World's At Peace/Back Stabbers/Who Am I/(They Call Me) Mr. Lucky/Time To Get Down//992 Arguments/Listen To The Clock On The Wall/Shiftless, Shady, Jealous Kind Of People/Sunshine/Love Train

KZ 31793 - 360 Degrees Of Billy Paul - Billy Paul [1972] (11-72, #17) Brown Baby/I'm Just A Prisoner/It's Too Late/Me And Mrs. Jones//Am I Black Enough For You/Let's Stay Together/Your Song/I'm Gonna Make It This Time

KZ 31794 - Penny For Your Thoughts - Dick Jensen [1973]

ZX 31991 - Save The Children - Intruders [1973] Reissue of Gamble KZ-31991. Save The Children/Mother And Child Reunion/I Wanna Know Your Name/To Be Happy Is The Real Thing//I'll Always Love My Mama/Memories Are Here To Stay/Teardrops/Hang On In There

KZ 32046 - MFSB - MFSB [1973] (4-73, #131) Freddie's Dead/Family Affair/Something For Nothing//Back Stabbers/Lay In Low/Poinciana

KZ 32118 - Ebony Woman - Billy Paul [1973] (4-73, #186) Reissue of Neptune NLPS 201. Ebony Woman/Mrs. Robinson/The Windmills Of Your Mind/Everyday People//Let's Fall In Love Over/Windy/Psychedelic Sally/Traces/Proud Mary

KZ 32119 - Feelin' Good At The Cadillac Club - Billy Paul [1973] Reissue of Gamble SG 5002. Billy Boy/Missing You/Bluesette/On A Clear Day (You Can See Forever)/Just In Time//That's Life/Don't Think Twice, It's All Right/Feeling Good/Somewhere

KZ 32120 - The O'Jays In Philadelphia - O'Jays [1973] (4-73, #156) Reissue of Neptune NLPS 202. One Night Affair/You're The Best Thing Since Candy/Branded Bad/I Should Be Your Lover/Looky Looky (Look At Me Girl)//Deeper (In Love With You)/Let Me In Your World/Just Can't Get Enough/I've Got The Groove/Medley: Little Green Apples-Something/It's Too Strong

KZ 32131 - Super Hits - Intruders [1973] (reissue of Gamble KZ 32131) Cowboys To Girls/Together/(We'll Be) United/Love Is Like A Baseball Game/Slow Drag/When We Get Married//Sad Girl/A Love That's Real/Friends No More/Gonna Be Strong/Me Tarzan, You Jane/Check Yourself

KZ 32404 - Spiritual Concept - Spiritual Concept [1973]

KZ 32406 - The Three Degrees - Three Degrees [1973] (12-74, #28) Dirty Ol' Man/Can't You See What You're Doing To Me/A Woman Needs A Good Man/When Will I See You Again//I Didn't Know/I Like Being A Woman/If And When/Year Of Decision

KZ/ZQ 32407 - Black And Blue - Harold Melvin & Blue Notes [1973] (11-73, #57) Cabaret/The Love I Lost/It All Depends On You/Concentrate On Me/Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)//Is There A Place For Me/I'm Weak For You/I'm Comin' Home Tomorrow

KZ/PZ/PZQ 32408 - Ship Ahoy - O'Jays [1973] (11-73, #11) Put Your Hands Together/Ship Ahoy/The Air I Breathe/You Got Your Hooks In Me//For The Love Of Money/Now That We Found Love/Don't Call Me Brother/People Keep Tellin' Me

KZ 32409 - War Of The Gods - Billy Paul [1973] (11-73, #110) I See The Light/War Of The Gods//The Whole Town's Talking/I Was Married/Thanks For Saving My Life/Peace Holy Peace [with The Dandridge Choral Ensemble]

KZ 32419 - The Ebonys - Ebonys [1973]

KZ/ZQ 32707 - Love Is The Message - MFSB [1973] (1-74, #4) Zack's Fanfare/Love Is The Message/Cheaper To Keep Her/My One And Only Love//TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)/Zack's Fanfare (I Hear Music)/Touch Me In The Morning/Bittersweet

KZ 32713 - The Sound Of Philadelphia '73 - Various Artists [1973] Love Train - O'Jays/I'll Always Love My Mama - Intruders/It's Forever - Ebonys/Slow Motion - Johnny Williams/Super Groover (All Night Mover) - Talk Of The Town//Me And Mrs. Jones - Billy Paul/If You Don't Know Me By Now - Harold Melvin & Blue Notes/Stay With Me - Futures/Regina - Bunny Sigler/Family Affair - MFSB

KZ 32859 - That's How I'll Be Loving You - Bunny Sigler [1974] Things Are Gonna Get Better/That's How Long I'll Be Loving You/I Lied/Picture Us/Love Train//Marianne/My Other Love/Your Love Is Good/What'd I Say/Somebody Free

KZ 32952 - Live In Europe - Billy Paul [1974] (7-74, #187) Introduction-War Of The Gods-Brown Baby/Thanks For Saving My Life//Me And Mrs. Jones/Your Song

KZ/PZQ 32953 - The O'Jays Live In London - O'Jays [1974] (6-74, #17) Instrumental Introduction/Put Your Hands Together/When The World Is At Peace/Wildflower//Back Stabbers-Vocal Introduction/Sunshine/Love Train

KZ/PZ 33148 - To Be True - Harold Melvin & Blue Notes featuring Theodore Pendergrass [1975] (3-75, #26) Where Are All My Friends/To Be True/Pretty Flower/Hope That We Can Get Together Soon//Nobody Could Take Your Place/Somewhere Down The Line/Bad Luck/All Because Of A Woman

KZ 33150 - Survival - O'Jays [1975] (4-75, #11) Give The People What They Want/Let Me Make Love To You/Survival/Where Did We Go Wrong//Rich get Richer/How Time Flies/What Am I Waiting For/Never Break Us Up

*KZ 33152 - Potpourri - Thad Jones & Mel Lewis [1975] All My Yesterdays/Ambiance/Blues In a Minute/Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing/For The Love Of Money/Living For the City/Quiet Lady/Yours And Mine

*KZ 33153 - Reality - Monk Montgomery [1974] Bump De Bump/Close Your Face/Girl Talk/I Love You Camille/Little O's/Me And Mrs. Jones/Reality/Sippin' And Tippin'

PZ 33157 - Got My Head On Straight - Billy Paul [1975] (3-75, #140) July, July, July, July/Billy's Back Home/I've Got So Much To Live For/Black Wonders Of The World//Enlightment/When It's Your Time To Go/Be Thruthful To Me/Everything Must Change/My Head's On Straight

PZ 33158 - Universal Love - MFSB [1975] (6-75, #44) Sexy/MFSB/Human Machine/Love Has No Time Or Place//T.L.C. (Tender Lovin' Care)/Let's Go Disco/K-Jee/My Mood

KZ 33162 - International - Three Degrees [1975] (6-75, #99) Another Heartache/Take Good Care Of Yourself/Get Your Love Back/Lonelier Are Fools/Distant Lover//Together/Long Lost Lover/Here I Am/TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)/Loving Cup

KZ 33249 - Keep Smilin' - Bunny Sigler [1975]

PZ/PZQ 33807 - Family Reunion - O'Jays [1975] (11-75, #7) Unity/Family Reunion/You And Me/She's Only A Woman//Livin' For The Weekend/Stairway To Heaven/I Love Music

PZ/PZQ 33808 - Wake Up Everybody - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes Featuring Theodore Pendergrass [1975] (12-75, #9) Wake Up Everybody/Keep On Lovin' You/You Know How To Make Me Feel Good//Don't Leave Me This Way/Tell The World How I Feel About 'Cha Baby/To Be Free To Be Who You Are/I'm Searching For A Love

PZ 33839 - Happy 'Bout The Whole Thing - Dee Dee Sharp [1976]

PZ 33840 - The Three Degrees Live - Three Degrees [1975] (1-76, #199) TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)/Free Ride/Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me/Year Of Decision/Living For The City-For The Love Of Money//When Will I See You Again/Dirty Ol' Man/Everybody Gets To Go To The Moon/Harlem/Love Train

PZ 33841 - Could It Be Magic - Anthony White [1976]

*PZ 33843 - When Love Is New - Billy Paul [1975] (12-75, #139) America (We Need The Light)/I Want 'Cha Baby/Let The Dollar Circulate/Let's Make A Baby/Malorie/People Power/When Love Is New

PZ/PZQ 33845 - Philadelphia Freedom - MFSB [1975] (12-75, #39) Zach's Fanfare #2/Get Down With The Philly Sound/Philadelphia Freedom/South Philly/Ferry Avenue/Interlude 1//When Your Love Is Gone - Featuring Dexter Wansel/Morning Tears - Featuring Dexter Wansel/Brothers And Sisters/Smile Happy/The Zip

PZ 33957 - All Things In Time - Lou Rawls [1976] (6-76, #7) You're The One/You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine/Time/Groovy People/Need You Forever//From Now On/Pure Imagination/This Song Will Last Forever/Let's Fall In Love All Over Again

PZ 33958 - Travelin' In Heavy Trafic - Don Covay [1976]

PZ 34079 - Life On Mars - Dexter Wansel [1976]

PZ 34122 - From North Philly (Live) - Dap Sugar Willy [1976]

PZ 34123 - Unemployment Blues - Force Of Nature [1976] Do It (Like You Ain't Got No Backbone)/Ditch Of Confusion/If You Decide/Creativity/Discomite//Unemployment Blues/Travelin'/Baby I'm Yours (And I'm So Glad)/Toy Ball/Freeze

JE/PE 34229 - The Jacksons - Jacksons [1976] (12-76, #36) (A joint Epic/Philadelphia International release) Enjoy Yourself/Think Happy/Good Times/Keep On Dancing/Blues Away//Show You The Way To Go/Living Together/Strength Of One Man/Dreamer/Style Of Life

PZ 34232 - All Their Greatest Hits! - Harold Melvin & Blue Notes [1976] (7-76, #51) The Love I Lost/Bad Luck/If You Don't Know Me By Now/Be For Real//Wake Up Everybody/Hope We Can Be Together Soon [featuring Sharon Paige]/Where Are All My Friends/I Miss You/Satisfaction Guaranteed (Or Take Your Love Back)

PZ 34238 - Summertime - MFSB [1976] (7-76, #106) Picnic In The Park/Summertime/Plenty Good Lovin'/Sunnin' And Funnin'//Summertime And I'm Fellin' Mellow/I'm On Your Side/Hot Summer Nights/We Got The Time

PZ 34245 - Message in the Music - O'Jays [1976] (10-76, #20) Message In Our Music/A Prayer/Paradise/Make A Joyful Noise//Desire Me/Darlin' Darlin' Baby (Sweet, Tender, Love)/I Swear, I Love No One But You/Let Life Flow

PZ 34267 - My Music - Bunny Sigler [1976]

PZ 34323 - Where Will You Go When The Party's Over - Archie Bell & Drells [1976] Don't Let Love Get You Down/Where Will You Go When The Party's Over/Right Here Is Where I Want To Be/Dancin' Man//Everybody Has A Good Time/I Swear You're Beautiful/Nothing Comes Easy/I Bet I Can Do That Dance You're Doin'

PZ 34346 - Bicentennial Poet - Jean-Claude T. [1976]

PZ 34358 - Get Down With The Philly Jump - Instant Funk [1976]

PZ 34389 - Let 'Em In - Billy Paul [1976] (1-77, #88) Let 'Em In/We All Got A Mission/How Good Is Your Game/Love Won't Come Easy//Without You/Word Sure Gets Around/I Trust You/I Think I'll Stay Home Today

*JZ 34390 - Teddy Pendergrass - Teddy Pendergrass [1977] (3-77, #17) And If I Had/Be Sure/Easy, Easy, Got To Take It Easy/I Don't Love You Anymore/Somebody Told Me/The More I Get, The More I Want/The Whole Town's Laughing At Me/You Can't Hide From Yourself

PZ 34394 - Jean Carn - Jean Carn [1977] Free Love/No Laughing Matter/I'm In Love Once Again/Don't You Know Love When You See It//Where Did You Ever Go/You Are All I Need/If You Wanna Go Back/You Got A Problem/Time Waits For No One

PZ 34437 - What Color Is Love - Dee Dee Sharp [1977]

*PZ 34487 - What The World Is Coming To - Dexter Wansel [1977] (4-77, #168) Dance With Me Tonight/Disco Lights/Dreams Of Tomorrow/First Light In The Morning/Going Back To Kingston Town/Holdin' On/Ode Infinitum/Prelude #1/What The World Is Coming To

PZ 34488 - Unmistakably Lou - Lou Rawls [1977] (4-77, #41) See You When I Git There/Spring Again/Early Morning Love/Some Folks Never Learn//Some Day You'll Be Old/Secret Tears/We Understand Each Other/It's Your Anniversary Today/All The Way

PZ 34658 - End Of Phase I - MFSB [1977] Philadelphia Freedom/Love Is The Message/Love Has No Time Or Place/Freddie's Dead/Sunnin' And Funnin'//TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)/Let's Go Disco/My One And Only Love/T.L.C. (Tender Lovin' Care)/Back Stabbers

PZ 34659 - Let's Clean Up The Ghetto - Various Artists [1977] Trade Winds - Lou Rawls/Let's Clean Up The Ghetto - Philadelphia All-Stars/Ooh Child - Dee Dee Sharpe Gamble/Now Is The Time To Do It - Teddy Pendergrass/Year Of Decision - Three Degrees//The Big Gangster - O'Jays/New Day, New World Comin' - Billy Paul/Old People - Archie Bell & Drells/Save The Children - Intruders/Everybody's Talkin' - Harold Melvin & Blue Notes

PZ 34684 - Travelin' at the Speed of Thought - O'Jays [1977] (6-77, #27) Travelin' At The Speed Of Thought/We're All In This Thing Together/So Glad I Got You, Girl/Stand Up//Those Lies (Done Caught Up With You This Time)/Feelings/Work On Me/Let's Spend Some Time Together

ZX 34728 - Disco Champs - Trammps [1977] Stop And Think/Save A Place/Trammps Disco Theme/Love Epidemic//Where Do We Go From Here/Promise Me/Just Say The Word/Oh Wah Hey/Trusting Heart

JE/PE 34835 - Goin' Places - Jacksons [1977] (a joined Epic-Philadelphia International release) Music's Takin' Over/Goin' Places/Different Kind Of Lady/Even Though You're Gone/Jump For Joy/Heaven Knows I Love You, Girl/Man Of War/Do What You Wanna/Find Me A Girl

PZ 34855 - Hard Not To Like It - Archie Bell & Drells [1977] Glad You Could Make It/Disco Showdown/Disco Fever/On The Radio//It's Hard Not To Like You/There's No Other Life You/Real Good Feeling/I've Been Missing You

PZ 34923 - Only The Strong Survive - Billy Paul [1977] (1-78. #152) Only The Strong Survive/Takin' It To The Streets/Sooner Or Later/One Man's Junk//Everybody's Breakin' Up/The Times Of Our Lives/Don't Give Up On Us/Where I Belong

PZ 34940 - Philadelphia Classics - Various Artists [1977] (2-LP set) Love Is The Message - MFSB (11:30)/TSOP - MFSB (5:45)//Dirty Ol' Man - Three Degrees (8:21)/I Love Music - O'Jays (9:45)//Don't Leave Me This Way - Harold Melvin & Blue Notes (11:05)/Love Train - O'Jays (6:15)//I'll Always Love My Mama - Intruders (9:45)/Bad Luck - Harold Melvin & Blue Notes (8:01)

*PZ 34985 - Voyager - Dexter Wansel [1978] (4-78, #139) All Night Long/I Just Want To Love You/I'm In Love/Latin Love (Let Me Know)/Solutions/Time Is The Teacher/Voyager

PZ 34986 - Happy To Be With You - Jean Carn [1978]

PGZ 35024/Z 2-35024 - The O'Jays: Collectors' Items - O'Jays [1977] (1-78, #132) (2-LP set) Family Reunion/Survival/Give The People What They Want/Let Me Make Love To You//I Love Music/Stairway To Heaven/Back Stabbers//For The Love Of Money/Sunshine/You Got Your Hooks In Me/Love Train//Livin' For The Weekend/Wildflower/Darlin' Darlin' Baby (Sweet, Tender Love)

JZ 35036 - When You Hear Lou, You've Heard It All - Lou Rawls [1977] (12-77, #41) Lady Love/I Wish It Were Yesterday/One Life To Live/Dollar Green/Trade Winds//There Will Be Love/Unforgettable/That Would Do It For Me/If I Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda/Not The Staying Kind

JZ 35095 - Life Is A Song Worth Singing - Teddy Pendergrass [1978] Life Is A Song Worth Singing/Only You/Cold, Cold World/Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose//Close The Door/It Don't Hurt Now/When Somebody Loves You Back

JZ/PZ 35355 - So Full of Love - O'Jays [1978] (4-78, #6) Sing My Heart Out/Use Ta Be My Girl/Cry Together/This Time Baby//Brandy/Take Me To The Stars/Help (Somebody Please)/Strokety-Stroke

JZ 35363 - Turn Me Loose - People's Choice [1978] Turn Me Loose/Got That Feelin'/Changin' My Life/Stay With Me//Rough-Ride/A Greater Truth/Your Love Stays On My Mind/Soft And Tender

JZ 35458 - Past, Present And The Futures - Futures [1978]

JZ 35509 - Rush Hour - Bobby Rush [1978]

JZ 35510 - Nothing Says I Love You Like I Love You - Jerry Butler [1978] (I'm Just Thinking About) Cooling Out/Let's Make Love/Sad Eyes/Mighty Good People//I'm Glad To Be Back/Nothing Says I Love You Like I Love You/Dream World/Are You Lonely Tonight

JZ 35516 - The Gamble-Huff Orchestra - MFSB [1978] Dance With Me Tonight/To Be In Love/Let's Party Down/Wishing On A Star//Use Ta Be My Guy/The Way I Feel Today/Is It Something I Said/Redwood Beach

PZ 2-35517 - Live - Lou Rawls [1978] (11-78, #108) (2-LP set) Overture (You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine)/Groovy People/Stay Awhile With Me/Charge Card Blues Medley: Stormy Monday-In The Evening When The Sun Goes Down-Bye Bye Blackbird//Pure Imagination/Dead End Street/Tobacco Road/Love Is A Hurtin' Thing/A Natural Man/Lady Love//This Song Will Last Forever/Tribute Medley: Sir Duke-Unforgettable-Mona Lisa-Lou's Rap-Take The A Train-Sophisticated Lady-Dixieland Joe-Mack The Knife-Hello Dolly/This One's For You//See You When I Git There/We Understand Each Other/Early Morning Love/Send In The Clowns/You'll Never Find Another Love Life Mine/A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening

JZ 35756 - First Class - Billy Paul [1979] False Faces/Bring The Family Back/Game Of Life/It's Critical/Thank You (For The Blessing)//What A Way To Love/So Glad To See You Again/Treasure Of My Life/I Gotta Put This Life Down

*JZ 35757 - The Jones Girls - Jones Girls [1979] I'm At Your Mercy/Life Goes On/Show Love Today/This Feeling's Killing Me/We're A Melody/Who Can I Run To/You Made Me Love You/You're Gonna Make Me Love Somebody Else

JZ 35758 - Edwin Birdsong - Edwin Birdsong [1979]

JZ 35800 - McFadden & Whitehead - McFadden & Whitehead [1979] Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now/I've Been Pushed Aside/Mr. Music/Just Wanna Love You Baby//Got To Change/You're My Someone To Love/I Got The Love/Do You Want To Dance

FZ 36003 - Teddy - Teddy Pendergrass [1979] Come Go With Me/Turn Off The Lights/I'll Never See Heaven Again/All I Need Is You//If You Know Like I Know/Do Me/Set Me Free/Life Is A Circle

JZ/PZ 36006 - Let Me Be Good To You - Lou Rawls [1979] (6-79, #49) Time Will Take Care Of Everything/What's The Matter With The World/Tomorrow/We Keep Getting Closer To Being Further Apart//Bark, Bite (Fight All Night)/Let Me Be Good To You/Lover's Holiday/Sweet Tender Nights

JZ 36007 - Michael Pedicin Jr. - Michael Pedicin Jr. [1979]

JZ 36024 - Time Is Slipping Away - Dexter Wansel [1979]

FZ 36027 - Identify Yourself - O'Jays [1979] (9-79, #16) Sing A Happy Song/Get On Out And Party/Identify/So Nice I Tried It Twice//Hurry Up And Come Back/Forever Mine/I Want You Here With Me/One In A Million (Girl)

JZ 36036 - Frantique - Frantique [1979]

JZ 36096 - Strategy - Archie Bell & The Drells [1979] Show Me How To Dance/I Can't Get Enough Of Your Love/How Can I/You've Got Something//Tighten Up At The Disco/Strategy/You're The Only One/We Got 'Em Dancin'

JZ 36097 - The Force - Force [1979]

JZ 36196 - When I Find You Love - Jean Carn [1979] When I Find You Love/Intro-My Love Don't Come Easy/Start The Fire/All I Really Need Is You//Lonely Girl In A Cold Cold World/What's On Your Mind/Give It Up/Was That All It Was

JZ 36294 - Teddy Live! Coast To Coast - Teddy Pendergrass [1979] (2xLPs) (3 sides live recording-1 side studio recording) Life Is A Song Worth Singing/Only You/Medley: If You Don't Know Me By Now-The Love I Lost-Bad Luck-Wake Up Everybody//Introduction/When Somebody Loves You Back/Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose//L.A. Rap/Come Go With Me/Close The Door/Turn Off The Lights/Do Me//Live Interview/Where Did All The Lovin' Go/Live Interview/It's You I Love/Live Interview/Shout And Scream/Live Interview

JZ/PZ 36304 - Sit Down And Talk To Me - Lou Rawls [1979] (1-80, #81) One Day Soon You'll Need Me/Heartaches (Just When You Think You're Loved)/Ain't That Loving You (For More Reasons Than One)/When You Get Home//Sit Down And Talk To Me/You're My Blessing/Old Times/You Are

JZ 36313 - The Harris Machine - Norman Harris [1980]

*Z 2-36314 - Best Of Billy Paul - Billy Paul [1980] (2-LP set) Billy Boy/Ebony Woman/I Think I'll Stay Home Today/It's Too Late/Let 'Em In/Let's Make A Baby/Love Buddies/Me And Mrs. Jones/My Old Flame/Next To Nature/Thanks For Saving My Life/The Whole Town's Talking/This Is Your Life/What Are We Going To Do Now That He's Back/You're My Sweetness/Your Song

JZ 36370 - Dee Dee - Dee Dee Sharp Gamble [1980] Breaking And Entering/Let's Get This Party Started/I Love You Anyway/Easy Money//Invitation/Everyday Affair/If We're Gonna Stay Together/See You Later

JZ 36413 - The Best Love - Jerry Butler [1980] The Best Love I Ever Had (Up Tempo Version)/Would You Mind/Don't Be An Island - Featuring Debra Henry/Tell Me Girl (Why It Has To End)//Reach Out For Me/We've Got This Feeling Again (Formerly I've Got That Feeling Again) [featuring Debra Henry]/Angel face/The Best Love I Ever Had (Slow Version)

JZ 36414 - Greetings Of Peace - Futures [1981]

JZ 36745 - TP - Teddy Pendergrass [1980] Is It Still Good To Ya/Take Me In Your Arms Tonight [featuring Stephanie Mills]/I Just Called To Say/Can't We Try//Feel The Fire [featuring Stephanie Mills]/Girl You Know/Love T.K.O./Let Me Love You

NJZ 36758 - Here to Create Music - Leon Huff [1980] Your Body Won't Move, If You Can't Feel The Groove/I Ain't Jivin', I'm Jammin'/No Greater Love//Tight Money/Low Down, Hard Time Blues/Tasty/This One's For Us/Latin Spirit

JZ 36767 - At Peace With Woman - Jones Girls [1980] Children Of The Night/Let's Celebrate (Sittin' On Top Of The World)/Dance Turned Into A Romance/I Close My Eyes//At Peace With Woman/When I'm Gone/I Just Love The Man/Back In The Day

JZ 36774 - Shades of Blue - Lou Rawls [1980] (1-81, #110) Did You Ever Love A Woman/Cottage For Sale/Be Anything (But Be Mine)/You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'//I Go Crazy/Think/Hoochie Coochie Man/Baby What You Want Me To Do

FZ/PZ 37380 - The Spirit's in It - Patti Labelle [1981] The Spirits' In It/Here You Come Again/Love Lives/I Fell In Love Without Warning/Boats Against The Current//Rocking Pneumonia And The Boogie Woogie Flu/Family/Shoot Him On Sight/Over The Rainbow

FZ 37491 - It's Time For Love - Teddy Pendergrass [1981] I Can't Live Without Your Love/You're My Latest, My Greatest Inspiration/Nine Times Out Of Ten/Keep On Lovin' Me//It's Time For Love/She's Over Me/I Can't Leave Your Love Alone/You Must Live On

FZ 37627 - Get As Much Love As You Can - Jones Girls [1981] (I Found) That Man Of Mine/Get As Much Love As You Can/Nights Over Egypt/Love Don't Ever Say Goodbye//ASAP (As Soon As Possible)/Let's Be Friends First (Then Lovers)/The World Will Sing Our Song/You're Breakin' My Heart

FZ 37683 - Live On Stage - Various Artists [1982]

FZ 37684 - Best Of Philadelphia International - Various Artists [1982]

FZ 37955 - 1982 - Stylistics [1982]

*FZ 37999 - My Favorite Person - O'Jays [1982] (5-82, #49) Don't Walk Away Mad/I Just Want To Satisfy You/I Like To See Us Get Down/My Favorite Person/One On One/Out In The Real World/Your Body's Here With Me (But Your Mind's On The Other Side Of Town)/Your True Heart (And Shining Star)

FZ 38118 - This One's For You - Teddy Pendergrass [1982] I Can't Win For Losing/This One's For You/Loving You Was Good/This Gift Of Life//Now Tell Me That You Love Me/It's Up To You (What Do You Do With Your Life)/Don't Leave Me Out Along The Road/Only To You

FZ/PZ 38518 - When Will I See You Again - O'Jays [1983] (8-83, #142) I Can't Stand The Rain/Betcha Don't Know (What Comes After That)/When Will I See You Again/House Of Fire//A Letter To My Friends/Put Our Heads Together/Ain't Nothin' Wrong With Good Lovin'/Nice And Easy

FZ 38539 - I'm In Love Again - Patti Labelle [1983] I'm In Love Again/Lover Man (Oh, Where Can You Be?)/Love, Need And Want You/If Only You Knew//Body Language/I'll Never, Never Give Up/Love Bankrupt/When Am I Gonna Find True Love

*FZ 38555 - Keep It Comin' - Jones Girls [1984] Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah/Better Things To Do/Keep It Comin'/Love Is Comin' At Cha/Why You Wanna Do That To Me/Won't Let You Take It Back/You Can't Have My Love/(You Got The) Right Stuff

FZ 38646 - Heaven Only Knows - Teddy Pendergrass [1983] Crazy About Your Love/Judge For Yourself/I Want My Baby Back/Life Is For Living//You And Me For Right Now/Just Because You're Mine/Heaven Only Knows/Don't Ever Stop (Giving Your Love To Me)

FZ 39251 - Greatest Hits - O'Jays [1984]

FZ 39252 - Greatest Hits - Teddy Pendergrass [1984]

PZ 39254 - Philadelphia International Dance Classics, Vol. I - Various Artists [1984] Love Is The Message - MFSB (6:35)/For The Love Of Money - O'Jays (7:18)/Breaking And Entering - Dee Dee Sharp Gamble (6:58)//Do It Any Way You Wanna - People's Choice (3:16)/Music Is My Way Of Life - Patti LaBelle (8:11)/Mysteries Of The World - MFSB (5:28)

PZ 39255 - Philly Ballads, Volume I - Various Artists [1984] Turn Off The Lights - Teddy Pendergrass/Sunshine - The O'Jays/I Wanna Know Your Name - The Intruders/Hurry Up This Way Again - The Stylistics//If You Don't Know Me By Now - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes/I'm Not In Love - Dee Dee Sharp/Don't Let It Go To Your Head - Jean Carn/You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine - Lou Rawls

FZ 39285 - Classics - Lou Rawls [1984]

FZ 39367 - Love And More - O'Jays [1984] I've Got To Fall In Love/Extraordinary Girl/I'm The Kind Of Man (Every Mother Wants Her Daughter To Love)/Everybody's Dance Krazy//Summer Fling/I Really Need To Know/Love You Direct/Let Me Show You (How Much I Really Love You)/Give My Love To The Ladies

FZ 40020 - Patti - Patti Labelle [1985] Love Symphony/Living Double/Where I Wanna Be/Shy//Look To The Rainbow/I Can't Forget You/What Can I Do For You/If You Don't Know Me By Now

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    I can't add anything to the post as it was comprehensively answered already
    but

PZ 34940 - Philadelphia Classics - Various Artists [1977] (2-LP set)
    is a great record to start with the 11min version of Don't leave me this way is unfuckwithable and will get chicks dancing at any party.
    War of the Gods,Ship Ahoy are other lps that should be in everyones collection.

Avoid the Dick Jensen lp i only bought it for a dollar because it has a song with a friends name in it (Tamika) this was exciting for her as it is the only song she knows of that features her name. It's a pity that the lyrics ar about dissing tamika
    "tamika come back later cos i got another lover"

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Avoid the Dick Jensen lp

Besides the fact that it sorta dissed your friend Tamika, WHY should we avoid it?

I can guess why - I've heard another album he did on Probe, White Hot Soul and it's really weak, Tom Jones-ish lounge soul - but I'd like to hear it from you. I figured if Jensen himself sucked, maybe MFSB (the PI house band) would save it?? Maybe not...

Some PI singles and offshoots I like:
    - Johnny Williams - "It's So Wonderful" (45)
    - Johnny Williams - "Slow Motion" (45 - this was a big hit and was even on a Ronco compilation, how come he never got an album?)
    - David Sigler & Dee Dee Sharp - "Do Our Thing Together" (45 - "David" is a renamed Bunny Sigler)
    - Bunny Sigler - "Tossin' & Turnin'" (45)
    - The Soul Survivors (on PI subsidiary TSOP)
    - O'Jays - The Year 2000 (on TSOP - surprisingly straightforward for 1980, no fake disco touches)
    - Yellow Sunshine (on PI subsidiary Gamble - really tough funk on the black-rock tip)

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Avoid the Dick Jensen lp

Besides the fact that it sorta dissed your friend Tamika, WHY should we avoid it?

I can guess why - I've heard another album he did on Probe, White Hot Soul and [/b] - but I'd like to hear it from you. I figured if Jensen himself sucked, maybe MFSB (the PI house band) would save it?? Maybe not...

You actually answered your own question . Tom Jones like lounge soul. But there is one track i like "Fat Mama" . You are right it is good to explain why. Rather than make god like statements regarding the worthiness of any lp. e.g Don't buy Spyro Gyra lp's. I have spoken

• I can't add anything to the post as it was comprehensively answered already
    but

PZ 34940 - Philadelphia Classics - Various Artists [1977] (2-LP set)
    is a great record to start with the 11min version of Don't leave me this way is unfuckwithable and will get chicks dancing at any party.
    War of the Gods,Ship Ahoy are other lps that should be in everyones collection.

Avoid the Dick Jensen lp i only bought it for a dollar because it has a song with a friends name in it (Tamika) this was exciting for her as it is the only song she knows of that features her name. It's a pity that the lyrics ar about dissing tamika

I guess since the picture used here is from my ebay listing, it wont be so bad to plug that listing. The shit is crazy hot. A must have man. Long versions of all them joints.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I pulled the O'jays LP form '82 this week and I gotta say its got some some really strong soul on it. great early 80's feel good shit.

and don't sleep on the Spiritual Concept LP.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Good thread.

KZ 30580 - Going East - Billy Paul [1971] (10-71, #197) East/(If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You?/This Is Your Life/Jesus Boy (You Only Look Like A Man)//Magic Carpet Ride/[color:purple] I Wish It Were Yesterday [/color][/b]/Compared To What/Love Buddies/There's A Small Hotel

I love that song!

I was listening to that song this mornin and Wow!

I got it on a comp.

I was lookin for the LP, "Going East" KZ 30580 - 1971, on the net but I've found nothing on eBay, nothing on Gemm... only a reissue $8,99 (12" LP) or a CD at $ 85.

• Good thread.
    KZ 30580 - Going East - Billy Paul [1971] (10-71, #197) East/(If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You?/This Is Your Life/Jesus Boy (You Only Look Like A Man)//Magic Carpet Ride/[color:purple] I Wish It Were Yesterday [/color][/b]/Compared To What/Love Buddies/There's A Small Hotel

I love that song!
    I was listening to that song this mornin and Wow!
    I got it on a comp.
    I was lookin for the LP, "Going East" KZ 30580 - 1971, on the net but I've found nothing on eBay, nothing on Gemm... only a reissue $8,99 (12" LP) or a CD at $ 85.

it's not that hard to find, you should be able to find one in a store or ebay eventually.

for instance this took me about 3 seconds to find

http://www.breakz4dayz.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=18182&cat=251&page=1

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Thank you.
    All I found was a ??30 copy.

• don't sleep on the Spiritual Concept LP.

Just found a re-pressing on Epic at Dusty Grooves. I thought it was okay, but hardly a lost classic. Maybe I need to listen a few more times. I was expecting an all-out black-rock extravaganza like that Yellow Sunshine album; turned out it was a lot mellower than that.

It's a hell of a lot better than the Force Of Nature, though (this was another self-contained band that recorded for the Philly Int'l family of labels; even if you like sleepy jazz-funk, the F.O.N. kinda lags behind the pack).

• Avoid the Dick Jensen lp i only bought it for a dollar because it has a song with a friends name in it (Tamika) this was exciting for her as it is the only song she knows of that features her name. It's a pity that the lyrics ar about dissing tamika

I wasn't really feeling that Dick Jensen either. Anyway, kinda off topic, but there's a nice song by Mystik Journeymen called "Tamika," which definitely isn't the most positive song to play for Tamika either.