CRAZIER THAN A FISH WITH TITTIES

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Yall been keeping up with the new Trapped In The Closet eps?http://ifc.com/static/sections/kelly/trapped.html

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    there's will oldham again! wtf?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Damn, hoLmes said "ACT LIKE IT"S A QUARTER TO FOUR!!!"

• I will be purchasing this next Tuesday.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    there's will oldham again! wtf?

which chapter?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Ch.15

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    OH HELLS YES.

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    The font type reminds me of L.A. Confidential

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    oh hell yes! thanks for the reminder

"i hope a pidgeon fly by and shit on you!"
    -randolph to his wife, rosie the nosey neighbor

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    "talkin' bout "I'm Rick James BITCH!""

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    Man, that guy sitting on the couch with R Kelly listening to him introduce these chapters must have anti-laugh glands of steel. I'd burst out in hysterics the second he'd start talking.

And yeah, that's crazy Will Oldham is in this. Haha. How'd he hook that up??

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ???Trapped in the Closet??? has that ???oh my??? factor, so that you???re actually laughing at, laughing with, and actually shocked by it,??? said Henri Mazza, a creative director at the Original Alamo Draft House, a movie theater in Austin, Tex., which is planning a midnight DVD screening, complete with subtitled sing-alongs and prop giveaways, like a condom printed with the words ???oh my God, a rubber! (Rubber! Rubber! Rubber!)???[/b] ??? see Episode 4. ???There???s no way you can???t enjoy it.???

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/16/arts/music/16trap.html

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Regret of the week: he was at the restaurant Iw ork at and left right before my shift started. Apparently he started singing a song that went, "And I'm here/ Sitting at Pas**s/Eating a sandwich..."

Coworkers were trying to clown, and I had to let them know they were wrong.

• R Kelly is out of his fucking mind.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    at the risk of bringing the soulstrut wrath down on me I will say this:

I think it's sort of a bad look that dude can piss on little girls and say offensive shit like "I'm the Ali of today. I'm the Marvin Gaye of today. I'm the Bob Marley of today. I'm the Martin Luther King, or all the other greats that have come before us. And a lot of people are starting to realize that now" and get a pass.

dude is MEGA ignorant, no matter how soulful his music is or how adorably goofy his video soap operas are.

• I think it's sort of a bad look

Sort of a bad look? Sort of?

I think it's sort of a bad look

Sort of a bad look? Sort of?

and yet he has been held up as some sort of genius on the strut. countless adoring threads have been devoted to this pedophile.

• dude if you don't think R. Kelly is perhaps a genius and at least very talented then you don't have ears. He's been putting it down for over a decade.

He is absolutely, like, GONE, out of his mind... but there's amazing shit to it if you don't get caught up on other shit.

I can absolutely understand if someone's like... "he's a pederast and I won't listen to him"... I would merely say... there are a lot of people we all listen to who do FUCKED up shit in their spare time... it's just not on front street like Kells... everybody got some demons to them... anyways, I heartily enjoy this shit. It is self-aware and simultaneously completely outside of everything.

• Honestly, I cant stand dude..but the Trapped shit is entertaining. Would I ever give dude a penny? HELL NAH. He's a clown...no secret there.

dude if you don't think R. Kelly is perhaps a genius and at least very talented then you don't have ears. He's been putting it down for over a decade.

He is absolutely, like, GONE, out of his mind... but there's amazing shit to it if you don't get caught up on other shit.

I can absolutely understand if someone's like... "he's a pederast and I won't listen to him"... I would merely say... there are a lot of people we all listen to who do FUCKED up shit in their spare time... it's just not on front street like Kells... everybody got some demons to them... anyways, I heartily enjoy this shit. It is self-aware and simultaneously completely outside of everything.

hahaha you knew I was looking at you right?

dude his music is often dope. and yeah plenty of artists I like hit women or cheated on their wives; I don't deny this.

I just see a lot of people get shit on on the strut (some taken to task in a constructive way, some merely hatted on), and yet I feel like Kells has gotten a pretty unbelievable pass in this regard. (I could be wrong; if there was any serious thread addressing his transgressions I may have missed it).

but even if he's been criticized on here, such occassional criticism is surely dwarfed by the overwhelming jocking that goes on. it's one thing to post an appreciation thread or discuss an upcoming project; but I just feel like there is a disproportionate number of "OHMIGOD KELLS IS NEXT LEVEL" threads. for such a suspect guy I just think it's a slightly bad look.

and there's something about the MLK comment that makes me really sick.

(and yes I know MLK cheated on his wife).

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    kellz brother was in that video and the girl is testifying on kells behalf

FREE KELLZ

• After I saw chapter 12.5 my first thought was "Soulstrut needs to make an R Kelly 'OH SHIT!' graemlin asap"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

but even if he's been criticized on here, such occassional criticism is surely dwarfed by the overwhelming jocking that goes on. it's one thing to post an appreciation thread or discuss an upcoming project; but I just feel like there is a disproportionate number of "OHMIGOD KELLS IS NEXT LEVEL" threads.

Stop lying--I believe I am the only one who has said such things.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    you cant deny that he's consistantly put out good music for the last 10+ years.

• OH SHIT this new one has like a total of 12 words in it. GENIUS

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I think it's sort of a bad look that dude can piss on little girls and say offensive shit like "I'm the Ali of today. I'm the Marvin Gaye of today. I'm the Bob Marley of today. I'm the Martin Luther King, or all the other greats that have come before us. And a lot of people are starting to realize that now" and get a pass.

dude is MEGA ignorant, no matter how soulful his music is or how adorably goofy his video soap operas are.

Marvin threw women out the window.

yeah but that bitch had it coming.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Anger, can make you old, yes it can
    I said anger, can make you sick, children... oh Jesus
    Anger destroys your soul
    Rage, there's no room for rage in there
    There's no room for rage in here
    line up some place to go to be mad
    It's a sin to treat your body ba[/b]

• at the risk of bringing the soulstrut wrath down on me I will say this:

Anger, can make you old, yes it can
    I said anger, can make you sick, children... oh Jesus
    Anger destroys your soul
    Rage, there's no room for rage in there
    There's no room for rage in here
    line up some place to go to be mad
    It's a sin to treat your body ba[/b]

TIME

TIME

TIME

TIME

JESUS SAID THAT TIME HEALS ALL WOUNDS

TIME

TIME

BUT WE HAVE TO LIVE RIGHT TO GET TO TIME

TIME

TIME...

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Got the hoLmeses coming over right now for a Trapped In The Closet watching party on the 90" projected screen.

It goes down tonight.

[i]Yeah yeah, mama said knock you out!