a gangsta rapper name NAZZ

deejdeej 5,125 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central

doesn't quite have the ring of 'wee tang clan' but still

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    O'Reilly is such a remarkable assclown.

I don't know if my man Bakari was brave or ill-advised to step into this. Not sure why he's also calling Nas "Nazz"

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    haha wow talkin bout interrupting one on every sentence spoken...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ill-advised
    at this point i think its nagl to even deign to show up on fox

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    RULE WHICH CAR HEART[/b] GUN POWDER STAINS

• Bill is the man!

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    O'Reilly is such a remarkable assclown.

I don't know if my man Bakari was brave or ill-advised to step into this. Not sure why he's also calling Nas "Nazz"

Fuck o'reilly - up in his grill about "ignoring his question" - isn't that his whole shtick? I thought Bakari did admirably.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Bill got this. Having nas perform live is always inappropriate.

Well, his live show does need work...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

It's that bastard Rundgren who is to blame.

And I like how the man in the middle remarks that slave songs were never about "negative things" like getting whipped or picking cotton. Excuse me?

• And I like how the man in the middle remarks that slave songs were never about "negative things" like getting whipped or picking cotton. Excuse me?

That isn't what he said.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

And I like how the man in the middle remarks that slave songs were never about "negative things" like getting whipped or picking cotton. Excuse me?

That isn't what he said.

I stand corrected about the "negative things" couplet after I re-listened to the piece correctly. But Robert Woodson, in his own words, says that slave songs were "did not reflect the reality that we were picking cotton and being beaten. We used music to inspire..." Well, there was certainly inspiration to press on and keep hoping for brighter days, but slave songs certainly spoke of trials and tribulations. It's impossible to speak of freedom from chains if you don't speak about the realities of chains at least between the lines. It seems a tad reductive on his part.

I might be reading this wrong, though, and I don't want to stir up any problems here - especially as it applies to a history that isn't mine to speak of. I apologize if I've overstepped, and I'm genuinely open to enlightenment.

• Agreed, but why are you being so congenial lately?

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Agreed, but why are you being so congenial lately?

I'm generally congenial. My past couple of posts haven't been, though, and I'd like to overstate my intentions for the moment so that folks here don't get the wrong idea about where I'm coming from.

Or is that exactly your point?

• I have no point. I just like the level congeniality!