WTF!!!! Jerry Garcia's Kitchen Sink

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
For 16K Jerry's ghost better rise out of the garbage disposal and sing a few verses of Truckin'http://cgi.ebay.com/Kitchen-Sink-Jerry-G...1QQcmdZViewItem

Comments

• Not suprising, considering the money goes to charity.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    For 16K Jerry's ghost better rise out of the garbage disposal and sing a few verses of Truckin'

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kitchen-Sink-Jerry-G...1QQcmdZViewItem

Item comes with built-in blotter dispensor.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Q: so GRATEFUL theyre DEAD!!! The dude couldnt sing worth a shit,,and they all stunk!!

A: You are DEAD wrong and UNGRATEFUL, clearly a minority of one.
    Their wonderful music continues to be a positive influence in the world and in the lives of many millions of people.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Q: so GRATEFUL theyre DEAD!!! The dude couldnt sing worth a shit,,and they all stunk!!

A: You are DEAD wrong and UNGRATEFUL, clearly a minority of one.
    Their wonderful music continues to be a positive influence in the world and in the lives of many millions of people.

They are a terd, and their record covers are deceitful. Many a time I got excited, only to find out it was in fact the Grateful Dead again. Can we get some Tay Zonday covers of their stuff?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    If you cannot get with the dead then you are a fucking pussy dude.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    If you cannot get with the dead then you are a fucking pussy dude.

I hope you're joking. I can get with a lot of music, but they always seemed dubiously vapid to me. They are the musical equivalent of a gaping three foot vagina; totally unfulfilling, and regaled by crusty people.

haha! yes.

They are so far from vapid that I regularly describe them as un-vapid... or at times vapid slayers even. That's how not vapid they are.

** Do! the Jerry Garcia Headkick![/b] **

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    They are so far from vapid that I regularly describe them as un-vapid... or at times vapid slayers even. That's how not vapid they are.

TTF'n it at vapid-slayers. I can accept the rest under the guise of 'opinion', but they have given rise to so many lame stickers, t-shirts, and cover bands that their kitsch probably outnumbers the world's population of ants.

** Do! the Jerry Garcia Headkick![/b] **

JERRY IS ALL ABOUT PEACE AND LOVE DUDE

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    What really disturbs me are these folks who listen to the Dead and nothing BUT the Dead....you know, these "I have 800 hours of The Dead in concert" dudes.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    What really disturbs me are these folks who listen to the Dead and nothing BUT the Dead....you know, these "I have 800 hours 4 continuous
    months[/b] of The Dead in concert" dudes.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    My wife likes/liked them. Blues For Allah and Without a Net are good. Branford Marsalis is on the last one. They're not that bad but I like maybe 4 songs from them and that's it.
    When we first started dating I was forced to go to both Phish and Dead shows a few times.

Me no like.*

*Actually, Phish had some moments during their shows. They can actually play well. The covers they did always bugged me out too since it was the last thing I was expecting to hear from a band like them ("Sexual Healing", "Nothin' But a G Thing", etc.).

TTF'n it at vapid-slayers. I can accept the rest under the guise of 'opinion', but they have given rise to so many lame stickers, t-shirts, and cover bands that their kitsch probably outnumbers the world's population of ants.

You sound like you need some hemp clothing, dawg. Your bad vibes could be due to lack of communing with nature. Eat some falafel and chill.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Falafel and chili?

Seriously though, I can understand being put off by the fucking Jerry bear tie-died underwear and shit... I was for a long time... but the early dead records are good. I rock that shit all the time and I have never been to a Phish concert and am not a white dude with dreads who plays frisbee golf or anything.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Seriously though, I can understand being put off by the fucking Jerry bear tie-died underwear and shit... I was for a long time... but the early dead records are good. I rock that shit all the time and I have never been to a Phish concert and am not a white dude with dreads who plays frisbee golf or anything.

Let's agree to disagree. A friend of mine who's musical taste I respect agrees with you. I've just never been into them.

At least they stayed true to their Hippie ideals and never sold out to the man, man.

And my absolute fave....the golf club head covers...

I am currently posting wearing these and nothing else.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Proof it with a camera phone pic ior you're soft batch.

The above is actually a picture of me wearing them. I'm just so white I blend in with the walls of my apartment.

The above is actually a picture of me wearing them. I'm just so white I blend in with the walls of my apartment.

Damn....you're whiter than me!!!!

I didn't think that was possible.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    At least they stayed true to their Hippie ideals and never sold out to the man, man.

If "the man" is them, then I'd say they did a pretty good job. They own and control all that shit as far as I know. If people want to buy Grateful Dead lunchboxes so be it, I guess.

Aren't most ex-hippies corporate robots now anyway?

If "the man" is them, then I'd say they did a pretty good job. They own and control all that shit as far as I know. If people want to buy Grateful Dead lunchboxes so be it, I guess.

Aren't most ex-hippies corporate robots now anyway?

CONVERSATION OVERHEARD BACKSTAGE AFTER A DEAD SHOW 1988

Weir: Rolling Stone is calling us a "Novelty" act just because "Touch Of Gray" got play on MTV.

Jerry: Yeah, I don't think this skeleton playing on stage gimmick is gonna last much longer. Fuck MTV.

Weir: Dude, we fucked up years ago with all this "Our music belongs to the fan" bullshit. We should have charged them extra at the door if they were carrying a tape recorder.

Jerry: I hear ya Bob, retirement time is comin' and heroin is fucking expensive.

Weir: What are we gonna do Jerry, I don't even have a 401K

Jerry: Teddy Bears!!! Neckties!! Golf Club Head Covers!! Anything that all our Dead Head fans can buy for their kids and grandkids.

Weir: Fuck yeah.....Dreidls!! Car Seat Covers!!! Welcome Mats!! Table Lamps!!

Jerry: I hear ya Bob, retirement time is comin' and heroin is fucking expensive.

Weir: What are we gonna do Jerry, I don't even have a 401K

Jerry: Teddy Bears!!! Neckties!! Golf Club Head Covers!! Anything that all our Dead Head fans can buy for their kids and grandkids.

Weir: Fuck yeah.....Dreidls!! Car Seat Covers!!! Welcome Mats!! Table Lamps!!

HAHAHAHAHA

heroin isn't expensive

heroin isn't expensive
    Dude

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Not suprising, considering the money goes to charity.

Yeah that pretty much explains it.

Grateful Dead & Phish are both alright if you take away the two things they're known for: 1) Jamming endlessly with no direction and 2) Hippie-stoner fans who really couldn't care less about the music and are just in it for the "experience".

Neither the Grateful Dead nor their fans have aged gracefully though.

Grateful Dead & Phish are both alright if you take away their instruments & microphones