WTF!!!! Jerry Garcia's Kitchen Sink

2»

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

wait....

for....

it....

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Grateful Dead & Phish are both alright if you take away their instruments & microphones

You seriously cannot even get with the early dead? not even the first album? That surprises me...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    this really is a ghost bump ... we've had this discussion before

but, no, I don't even like the first album.

it's funny, so many people tell me "it's not like the
    other stuff, it's a great SF psych record" and I say OK
    I'll try again and it still sounds like any old Dead stuff
    to me, same meandering guitar, same weak vocals ... actually,
    I like "American Beauty" more than the first album. There's
    some tracks I can get with on there and "Workingman's Dead"

I guess I like pop-radio sellout Dead the best?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Q: so GRATEFUL theyre DEAD!!! The dude couldnt sing worth a shit,,and they all stunk!!

A: You are DEAD wrong and UNGRATEFUL, clearly a minority of one.
    Their wonderful music continues to be a positive influence in the world and in the lives of many millions of people.

I definitely side with the haters here. Dead sucks. "Shakedown Street" is my shit....but otherwise they get the bozack. And I have to add that the "clearly a minority of one" is a massive pile of shit as well. If this were Airplane - the "tremendous bullshit" LED indicator would be flashing. I've noticed that amongst music lovers - the Dead definitely has a clear yellow line. There's no clear indicator - but I personally know an overwhelming amount of well versed music heads who hate the dead and find them totally irrelevant - way more than people that I know who like em.

this really is a ghost bump ... we've had this discussion before

but, no, I don't even like the first album.

it's funny, so many people tell me "it's not like the
    other stuff, it's a great SF psych record" and I say OK
    I'll try again and it still sounds like any old Dead stuff
    to me, same meandering guitar, same weak vocals ... actually,
    I like "American Beauty" more than the first album. There's
    some tracks I can get with on there and "Workingman's Dead"

I guess I like pop-radio sellout Dead the best?

American Beauty and Workingman's Dead are my favorites actually.

I personally know an overwhelming amount of well versed music heads who hate the dead and find them totally irrelevant - way more than people that I know who like em.

wow dude, good for you.

• i love the dead, and always will. flawed? fuck yeah. dirty hippie fans? check.

great fucking band, though. still listen to them often.

saw a bunch of phish shows; was young, and did a bunch of drugs there. there is a corrollary there...if only i could find it.

I personally know an overwhelming amount of well versed music heads who hate the dead and find them totally irrelevant - way more than people that I know who like em.

wow dude, good for you.

Thaaaaaaaanks!

It was in response to the quote about "a minority of one."

"Soulstrut - getting brighter by the day!"

Right, as written by the person selling Jerry Garcia's kitchen sink.

You've clearly proven that you have powerful connections though... and that they are no lovers of the Greatful Dead. I for one am impressed.

Right, as written by the person selling Jerry Garcia's kitchen sink.

You've clearly proven that you have powerful connections though... and that they are no lovers of the Greatful Dead. I for one am impressed.

And I am too! Going on 15,500 posts?!? Wowee Kazowee! I better talk to some of my connections about this and see what they have to say about it!

Such attention for a little observation that I made. Some people I know don't like the Dead. Doesn't mean they're a bad band - just means that what the sink seller said I find to be far from true. But if you'd like to be mad at about it and get into your internet fighting irish pose, then go for it.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    i am buried in a pile of hippies (10 person house) and i could never get with the dead.

garcia and grisman on the other hand can bring it: