facebook > myspace

2»

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Also the copyright-related side of Facebook is a bit dodgy. Basically they own the rights to any picture you have on their site.

This is standard on almost all internet sites.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    The only people who post to ratemyprofessor are folks who seem to have a real axe to grind. Fuck them. It's nothing more than a rumor mill for bored and/or disgruntled students.

you sound asshurt

post one of your anonymous negative evals from that site or you're soft!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The only people who post to ratemyprofessor are folks who seem to have a real axe to grind. Fuck them. It's nothing more than a rumor mill for bored and/or disgruntled students.

you sound asshurt

Poor evals aren't fun to get but shit, I know I deserve the criticism at times. What I can't brook though are evals that say little that's constructive. Shit - I think some of my students are idiots but I wouldn't write that on a paper.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

you sound asshurt

Poor evals aren't fun to get but shit, I know I deserve the criticism at times. What I can't brook though are evals that say little that's constructive. Shit - I think some of my students are idiots but I wouldn't write that on a paper.

"JUST LISTEN TO THE POWERPOINT LECTURE"

And Myspace blows, we all know this. Facebook isn't amazing, but it's functional as long as you don't mess with these newfangled application things. Really though all this online social networking drives me nuts. Only really useful for finding people you met last night but don't remember their name/didnt get their phone number.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Only really useful for finding people you met last night but don't remember their name/didnt get their phone number.

90% of my My Space activity is with long-time friends
    who have moved out of state or I just don't see around anymore.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts

you sound asshurt

yea the only kids who have evaluated me are the ones that are overachieving pre-med students who are lookin for a rec, or felt personally offended by the fact that i put a red x on their paper.

on the facebook background check....i was just making sure that the kids didnt have anything incriminating or stupid on their profile. if you are stupid enough to put something like that up in a relatively public website...you arent qualified to teach chemistry.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    my girl is on facebook, and yes she is 19.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    my girl is on facebook, and yes she is 19.

What is it with you and older women?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    For real though, this salty dude (in another dept) tried to CB my current appointment by talking to my chair and trying to raise some bullshit written about me on someone else's blog.

For real though, this salty dude (in another dept) tried to CB my current appointment by talking to my chair and trying to raise some bullshit written about me on someone else's blog.

In any case, once I explained what had happened, the material was taken down as was its cached version. No more fuel for the haters.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

In any case, once I explained what had happened, the material was taken down as was its cached version. No more fuel for the haters.

I never knew this blog stuff was so intense!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I didn't learn a THING and all we did was listen to him talk forever about NOTHING having to do with race, class, or gender, and then he would pop in a movie and I would leave.

I didn't learn a THING and all we did was listen to him talk forever about NOTHING having to do with race, class, or gender, and then he would pop in a movie and I would leave.

That last part had me wondering who the fuck this was. Especially since they brag about getting an A in the class. I had one student who arrived late to class all the time but not one who left AFTER the lecture. (Seems like they had it backwards. I'd skip the lecture and stay for the movie).