Da King & I - Contemporary Jeep Music

124»

Comments

• nessness 249 Posts
    I know it's easy enough to look these things up on lyrics sites but when was the last time you listened to that record?

man. i don't know i rank dude for flow. he's a real competent dude and witty. but i mean showbiz sounds just as good as him sometimes.

• I was gonna write that earlier! Showbiz isn't even a rapperdude. But I actually think he did improve on his later stuff.

• I can't contribute to this thread at all except to say that I almost never go back to records I didn't like at the time. I need not to have ever heard the record and just passed on it because I was closeminded or just not cool enough if there's any hope for me to actually go back now and appreciate it. How do you do that? I don't feel I have the time. Maybe if I worked in a record store or still collected rap records...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

*He passed.

FILED IT.

"Hidden Crate"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I was gonna write that earlier! Showbiz isn't even a rapperdude. But I actually think he did improve on his later stuff.

All I want to add is that the "Fat Pockets" remixes + "Silence of Lambs" remix 12" is

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    a strange one. got to listenin to this again after stashin it many mango seasons ago. i can appreciate this a lot more now than when it first came out.

gravediggaz album as well. found a new love for that record

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo,

I still ride for "Contemporary Jeep Music." Other albums I think hold up well are:

-"Illadelph Halflife"-The Roots.
    -"Stakes is High"-De La Soul.
    -"Mecca $ the Soul Brother"-Pete Rock & CL Smooth.
    -"A Wolf in Sheep Clothing"-Black Sheep.
    -"S/T"-Cypress Hill.
    -"The Chronic"-Dr. Dre.
    -"Doggystyle"-Snoop Doggy Dogg (back then).
    -"Youngest in Charge"-Special Ed.
    -"Cuban Links..."-Raekwon the Chef ft. Ghostface Killah.
    -"Midnight Marauders"-A Tribe Called Quest.
    -"S/T"-The Beatnuts.
    -"All We Got is Uz"-Onyx.
    -"Between a Rock and a Hard Place"-The Artifacts.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    This record has aged very well - I think I like it more now than when it dropped, and I was plenty into it then. Copped a copy for the shop recently and ended up taking it home, after listening to it over and over again.

What are some other records that have aged *well* in hip-hop? So many do not.

I think I started a thread about Da King & I when Soulstrut was still very new... I love their stuff. Very funny and quite good.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts

i just put on kingdom come for the first time since it's release date and it's still the worst jay-z album.

i agree vol.1 aged well, vol 3 is still a turd, except for big pimpin and a few others.

"internal affairs" by pharoahe aged well especialy after hearing his last release.

"black on both sides" aged well, i thought it was an ok record at release, now i like all but 2-3 tracks.

peace,x