Da King & I - Contemporary Jeep Music

Comments

• I still like the kurious album to this day but I'm sure folks will clown on that.
    nope. that shit is great.

Cosign

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

in the "aged poorly" file: mastaAce Slaughtahouse

respectfully disagree.

still bbumps!

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    This record has aged very well - I think I like it more now than when it dropped, and I was plenty into it then. Copped a copy for the shop recently and ended up taking it home, after listening to it over and over again.

Da King & I - Contemporary Jeep Music

I interned at Rowdy records when this and Y'all So stupid came out. Very dope label!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Being the fickle fuck that I was when it came out I played Just Another Case and a couple of the other tracks to death and didn't really bother with the rest. It was only when I rediscovered it recently that it dawned how decent the album is as a whole.

Also, with tribledouble on Slaughtahouse, hasn't really aged very well at all.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    This record has aged very well - I think I like it more now than when it dropped, and I was plenty into it then. Copped a copy for the shop recently and ended up taking it home, after listening to it over and over again.

What are some other records that have aged *well* in hip-hop? So many do not.

I only have a warped copy of a 12" off this record.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• nessness 249 Posts

it was good then and better now.

soul food???

outkast???

dude's aint talking about records that you never listened to and then discovered after you stopped goin on phish tour man.

that parental advisory was OK. organized noize really early.

most of that mid early nineties stuff aged bad. i heard rackin in the dough at art opening on a mix and a wanted to kick the shitty boombox out the fucking window.

with that said most of the early no limit shit sounds like genius (maybe cuz im actually listening to KLC and Beats By The Pound instead of writing off the pen and pixled covers).

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

soul food???

outkast???

dude's aint talking about records that you never listened to and then discovered after you stopped goin on phish tour man.

Hey guy, you don't know me so stop saying some dumb shit that ain't even remotely where I was at and quoting two albums I mentioned specifically. I've been listening to hip hop since the 80s and I've never really listened to "rock" since the my sister played it in the house in the 80s.

So fuck off motherfucker.

• nessness 249 Posts

soul food???

outkast???

Hey guy, you don't know me so stop saying some dumb shit that ain't even remotely where I was at and quoting two albums I mentioned specifically. I've been listening to hip hop since the 80s and I've never really listened to "rock" since the my sister played it in the house in the 80s.

So fuck off motherfucker.

YEAH!!!

AY SON BACK THE FUCK UP AND READY THE POST.

HAVE A SANDWICH.

ILL ADDRESS A HERB BY NAME.

RESPECT

AIGHT THEN.
    ALL I'M SAYING IS IF YOU DIDN'T MEAN A ZING TO ME, WHICH APPARENTLY YOU DIDN'T, DON'T QUOTE ME TWICE.

Now the caps lock is off and I apologize for wilin. Johnny asked for albums that have aged well. I quoted those two BECAUSE I am impressed that they've gotten even better over time (for me). That's it. Apparently you guys think Jewelz stinks. OK. I disagree with Slaughtahouse as well, it's still good.

NOT AGED WELL:

"Drink Away The Pain" by Mobb Deep. BITD I was like jyeah!!!!!!! Now I'm like

• Bugging that whole record is still the shit and if possible is MORE the shit now than ever

Bugging that whole record is still the shit and if possible is MORE the shit now than ever

The Infamous? I play it practically in my car, and I did play it everyday when I was in Kentucky recently on the way to and from work. That DATP track has lost a little shine (for me).

• I don't know man that whole thing is my shit, I love it now more than ever (incl DATP although I know some kids that were like THIS IS THE BEST SONG EVER MADE IN THE HISTORY OF AMERICAN POPULAR MUSIC BECAUSE Q-TIP IS ON IT AND IT REFERENCES HELLY HANSEN and it was never that to me)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn. Non is BUGGING hahah... wow.

b/w

KLC
    KLC
    KLC
    KLC
    KLC
    KLC
    KLC
    KLC
    KLC
    KLC

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• nessness 249 Posts
    AIGHT THEN.
    ALL I'M SAYING IS IF YOU DIDN'T MEAN A ZING TO ME, WHICH APPARENTLY YOU DIDN'T, DON'T QUOTE ME TWICE.

Now the caps lock is off and I apologize for wilin. Johnny asked for albums that have aged well. I quoted those two BECAUSE I am impressed that they've gotten even better over time (for me). That's it. Apparently you guys think Jewelz stinks. OK. I disagree with Slaughtahouse as well, it's still good.

NOT AGED WELL:

"Drink Away The Pain" by Mobb Deep. BITD I was like jyeah!!!!!!! Now I'm like

NON THIS PLACE NEEDS SOME FUCKING WHYLIN SON!!! FUCK THAT!!!

IM A SAVAGE!!!

I WAS QUOTING HARVEY THO.

slaughtahouse has some shining moments.

the infamous is kinda spotty man. i dont know how much i like that record anymore. this dude told me them muhfucka only had like two good songs and they werent even that good. that was like 5 yrs ago. he was right.

I WAS QUOTING HARVEY THO.

You were quoting me?

1. I ain't said nothing yet.

2. Never in my life would I have been anything but repulsed by the idea of attending a Phish show.

Wrong dude.

hey yo yo yo, kid, yo...yo...havoc, i feel what u sayin most of down south radio rap is mad corny yo fo real tho B but yo check it, ay ay ay...check this out son, let me speak to you, most east coast is bullshit, son. mad truth, ay yo what up havoc, i haven't listen to ya shit since you was good back in the 90's since you went mad homo wit it dez days..fuck was you thinking B going to 50 to put out a garbage record, son? what was dat all about kid? yo ay, can i talk to you? can i talk to you? can i talk to you? i heard they rob yo ass left you naked in the studio son, they might as well raped ya kid fo real though son, but yo i got mad props but back on the east coast, come on son fo real tho B, south east west left right son is mad corny yo, yeah, mad corny and i hope rap as in quality make a 360 and try to make dat shit poppin sons...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The Infamous? I play it practically in my car

Is playing something practically like playing it actually? Or does it just mean driving around wishing you had a tape of it in the whip?

AND IT REFERENCES HELLY HANSEN

The Infamous? I play it practically in my car

Is playing something practically like playing it actually? Or does it just mean driving around wishing you had a tape of it in the whip?

I play it in my car practically everyday. I skipped a lotta words there. Thought provoking analysis.

Mental Imaginary Whip Jams

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

I can't stand Q-Tip's verse on that record.

Show & AG's "Next Level" has aged terribly.

Mic Geronimo's "The Natural" has rather strangely aged quite well.

-e

AG has aged terribly--I can't believe I once thought that dude was nice(!)

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I agree with you about Tip's verse, but the Primo remix of "Next Level" came on my iPod the other day and that shit was hitting hard. I find it one of the few songs from that era that's aged well.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Last time I listened to the Goodfellas CD I thought it was terrible but "Next Level" never gets old to me.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Last time I listened to the Goodfellas CD I thought it was terrible but "Next Level" never gets old to me.

Shit, I meant to say that Show and AG's "Goodfellas" aged terribly. I still like "Next Level" (OG and Remix).

-e

• AND IT REFERENCES HELLY HANSEN

I agree with you about Tip's verse, but the Primo remix of "Next Level" came on my iPod the other day and that shit was hitting hard. I find it one of the few songs from that era that's aged well.

Yeah that mix of it still sets it off for me too...

AG's rhymes on the Full Scale EP are really slept on. He improved crazily over time to me. Never really fucked with him that tough on the earlier Show & AG records, not to say I didn't like those records, but I wasn't a big AG fan.

• Last time I listened to the Goodfellas CD I thought it was terrible but "Next Level" never gets old to me.

Shit, I meant to say that Show and AG's "Goodfellas" aged terribly. I still like "Next Level" (OG and Remix).

-e

Haha WALK AWAY SON

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

-e

I disagree.

AG still is nice with it, IMO.

The Full Scale EP is completely slept on.

The last album would have been good if DJ Design hadn't produced any of the tracks.

• I like "Full Scale" as much as "Runaway Slave"

• nessness 249 Posts
    BUILDING A PYRAMID!!!

I REFUSE TO DUSCUSS THE MERITS OF AG.

THAT DUDE WAS NEVER THAT GOOD TO ME.