hey dj's/promoters rep your parties

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I just started a new saturday night after playing this rather undesirable club the past 6 mos. I mean it was cool and a crowded fun place but HOOD as could get!!!! Lol......... Anyway check out my new sat. residency at a spot in Seattle called Heavens.http://www.flybynights.blogspot.com/I'm always interested to see what the rest of the nation is like. I think it's pretty much all the same.

Comments

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    its all in-stores for us. Pharoahe Monch will be through this wednesday and we are flying out Cormega for a show at the store as well on Sept. 8.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    I am so fucking pumped about this

I'm considering having the djs stop whatever they are doing to announce shitty requests so the crowd can boo the requester. This party ain't about dancing so fuck it.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    We play both kinds of music...

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am LOVIN'[/b] that flyer! Are you getting these done as posters, cuz if'n you are, I need one (or two....).

B/W

Is that Lola Falana???

• If any of you are up in Manchester, UK come check us out we've been rocking the free sweets angle for years!!!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am LOVIN'[/b] that flyer! Are you getting these done as posters, cuz if'n you are, I need one (or two....).

B/W

Is that Lola Falana???

unfortunately it was sent low res, so i just have to use it for the web...but there is another one with the memphis horns that i'm getting printed as i type this.....

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

not really an event. more like a movement.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Austin, TX

Houston, TX

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    Vegas - every first Friday

• joeblowjoeblow 118 Posts
    San Diego funky business...

http://www.myspace.com/allupinyourearhole

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I am LOVIN'[/b] that flyer!
    Seriously caught my eye as well. I wouldn't say no to a Tee or a poster!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

I'm considering having the djs stop whatever they are doing to announce shitty requests so the crowd can boo the requester. This party ain't about dancing so fuck it.

hahaha yeah do that. beckys and herbs on permanent blast. though I must say the ad campaign will likely cut down considerably on the becky factor at this party.

ps can I bring my gat?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

hahaha yeah do that. beckys and herbs on permanent blast. though I must say the ad campaign will likely cut down considerably on the becky factor at this party.

ps can I bring my gat?

I like the idea Shitty Requests on Blast idea for sure, though I should say that every time I've DJed at Madrone--even on weekends--I've gotten very few, if any, shitty requests.

• doeizmdoeizm 77 Posts
    I'm considering having the djs stop whatever they are doing to announce shitty requests so the crowd can boo the requester.

this is pretty much Standard Operating Procedure at our night. we seldomly have any silly requests, but when we do, our host Danny Boy usually lets em have it...