alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
superbad, this looks good

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ^^^ new classic comedy

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Im amped on Popcorn, Indiana - this shit is fucking CRACK

• I just saw the trailer two minutes ago. George Micheal *from Arrested Development* makes this automatically a must flick. I also want to watch Balls of Fury. I think I need a comedy dose soon or the next Wire season to start. I've been sitting watching artsy b/w films and seemingly epic documentaries. Feeling a bit tepid, isolated and nocturnal. I need a good comedy and proper sleep.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Holy crap that looks amazing!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    plus seth rogen wrote it. anything he touches has been lately

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    that pryor shirt is ill

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I saw a preview screening of this last week and it was hilarious. Basically characters ripped from Freaks and Geeks and Arrested Development in a Dazed and Confused scenario.

Also reminded me of a less-surreal Harold and Kumar in that it's a one night quest -- in the case for booze and women instead of hamburger and weed -- with a lot of chaotic and bizzarre detours.

As the preview suggests, there's a dash of Super Troopers thrown in.

And, of course, Judd Apatow's overseeing it all, so it has his tradmark mixture of dark comedy, lewd comedy, and real characters with heart.

Basically another fine entry in what I see as a current renaissance in Hollywood comedies (a trend largely due to Apatow).

I'm eager to see it again.