ebay seller customer service : NEXT LEVEL

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
so i copped a few lps off the 'bay and was emailing the seller to figure out the proper shipping costs, she sent two invoices with one lp each, instead of a combined invoice. she was giving me the run around after a few back-and-forths, and after never answering my question re: shipping, she dropped this customer service gem:"Please leave me alone and just pay for the two items that you have won."dope! i read this as "where's my money dick? pay up or slag off."keep in mind, this is a woman had had up until that point signed all her emails with the phrase "Thanks and God bless in Jesus Precious Name..."Golden Rule in full e.f.f.e.c.tadd on if you've got more tales from amateur hour @ eBay University.

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    so this frog musicfortoday won an auction of mine and after sending an invoice replies back to me saying that he cant afford the final total and could pay half of what it went for instead. so i contact ebay get my fees returned and give a negative feedback nicely saying (which is a switch for me) that buyer would not pay for auction. so now a few weeks later i get a negative from this fucktard. i contact ebay and say i want this removed and give all the info of what happened, as well as, the emails he sent me saying he could pay less. ebays only response was that i could try to work out the problem with the buyer?!?!!?, drop my negative so he'll drop his?!?!?!!?, or try and continue on and get my negative dropped but only if he purposely bid my auction up just to give me a negative. WHAT THE FUCK EBAY?!

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    so this frog musicfortoday won an auction of mine and after sending an invoice replies back to me saying that he cant afford the final total and could pay half of what it went for instead. so i contact ebay get my fees returned and give a negative feedback nicely saying (which is a switch for me) that buyer would not pay for auction. so now a few weeks later i get a negative from this fucktard. i contact ebay and say i want this removed and give all the info of what happened, as well as, the emails he sent me saying he could pay less. ebays only response was that i could try to work out the problem with the buyer?!?!!?, drop my negative so he'll drop his?!?!?!!?, or try and continue on and get my negative dropped but only if he purposely bid my auction up just to give me a negative. WHAT THE FUCK EBAY?!

If he didn't pay for the items...do a non-paying bidder report to collect your fees. Once your fees are credited back to you, his negative feedbacks will be removed (his comments will still show but the negative "points" will be removed).

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

If he didn't pay for the items...do a non-paying bidder report to collect your fees. Once your fees are credited back to you, his negative feedbacks will be removed (his comments will still show but the negative "points" will be removed).

fees were credited back to me and he left a negative a week or so later.

ive been having email exchanges with ebay and they wrote:

Feedback is a member-to-member system that allows members to leave
    comments about their transactions. For this reason, it isn't possible
    for eBay to prevent buyers from leaving Feedback for a purchase that
    they don't complete.

Fortunately, the Feedback Forum is set up in such a way that most
    members can tell the difference between legitimate criticism and
    retaliatory comments that just aren't true--especially when they see the
    unfair comments in the context of the member's Feedback Profile as a
    whole.

Justin, I'd like to let you know that we can remove Feedback but only if
    the comment meets the guidelines for removal as outlined in the Feedback
    Removal Polciy. We've reviewed the Feedback that you asked about and I
    regret to tell you that it doesn't meet the removal requirement as
    outlined in the policy. I'm sorry that we are unable to grant your
    request.

i'll have to see what happens.

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    Hmmm...that's weird and gotta be really frustrating. I've seen numerous sellers feedbacks where negative (and positive) "points" have been removed with a comment like "feeback removed due to bidder not responding to non-payment alert" or something similar.

Did this guy respond to the non-payment alert process? Maybe if he does NOT, that's the only way to get the negative removed...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Hmmm...that's weird and gotta be really frustrating. I've seen numerous sellers feedbacks where negative (and positive) "points" have been removed with a comment like "feeback removed due to bidder not responding to non-payment alert" or something similar.

Did this guy respond to the non-payment alert process? Maybe if he does NOT, that's the only way to get the negative removed...

Yeah, I think them not responding to the non-payment notice might be the key. I had this happen with a guy who actually went on to leave me positive feedback after he'd taken forever to pay and eBay removed it.

• A couple Ebay gems. Kinda long:

1) Ask this apparently super reputable Ebay seller if he'll consider trade. He replies that he'll consider a good trade. So he agrees to trade about 19 or so Hungarian prog/psych/iron curtain jazz LPs (some of which are fairly rare, some not so rare where he is . . . nothing too too rare) for my jazz LP worth a few hundred and post costs paid. Buy one of his records through ebay.
    Send him $100+ through paypal with the instructions denoting all the records owed in exchange for the trade to be mailed out-- so that I have a record through Paypal of the transaction.

Send the record out. Insure it. And I guess I mark "goods of value" instead of "gift." Buy a couple more records from dude and ask if he can send them with the others to be sent. He can. Pay him promptly through Paypal. Contact him last week asking if he'd sent my records, as the one I sent should have arrived some time ago. Only then does he inform me that Hungarian customs have placed a $30 duty on it and he wants me to email him that money. I ask him to explain more clearly because his wording was a bit awkward and I wanted to make sure I knew what he was getting at. No response. I tell him that I'm not just going to send him $30 and remind him that I've sent more than $600 in funds and goods. More than fair. No response. Have been checking to see if he's leaving other buyers feedback while ignoring my messages. In the meantime, I've filed a Paypal dispute that I'll escalate if dude doesn't get back to me after this week. Also contacted USPS about the package so that they can do an inquiry with Hungarian customs. Apparently this guy doesn't want customs to know his name, and I'm not a vindictive person, but I'm still pursuing the inquiry. Dude was paid some while ago and has not left positive feedback, so I'm also concerned with retaliatory BS.

2) Bought two inexpensive records a while back. Paid promptly. Seller left positive feedback, but I guess has been spotty just in this past month or so with sending out items. Previously had a nearly unblemished record and a lot of sales. No responses. This one should be a wrap soon.

A couple years ago, I bought PE and Ras Kass "Van Gogh" promo posters through Ebay from this seller who apparently had neither item in stock, and only refunded me the cost of one poster minus shipping. Seller still advertised both items. Wouldn't be surprised if that Ebay store advertises both items to this day.