weekend finds

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
white whale day!thumbin through some crap and flipped right by it, then said, wait a second...and flipped back..$3...minty WLPbeen after this one for years

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    white whale day!
    thumbin through some crap and flipped right by it, then said, wait a second...and flipped back..$3...minty WLP

been after this one for years

Lyn Christopher and the Jimi Natale Band are performing at the Turning Point in Piermont, NY, Friday, August 24th, at 9 PM.

I would like to thank the band Kiss, Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley for keeping me on their websites for all of these years. Including the Kiss Army for their interest in me all because I gave Gene and Paul their first professional job singing background on my first recorded album for Paramount Records/EMI record for LynChris Productions, LTD.

I would really love those fans now who wish to purchase the Lyn Christopher album and having the opportunity to listen to the MUSIC and not have to spend so much money on the vinyl record. I have numbered, signed and sealed with a Kiss 100 CD's. These will be forever a collectable. I would like to present these to you for the price of only $50.00. I know you will enjoy it.

This is an exclusive offer to all my LYNATTICS. "Take Me With You"

As always,
    Lyn Christopher

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    THE KISS ARMY CARRY HEAVY WALLETS

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I would like to present these to you for the price of only $50.00. I know you will enjoy it.

Is she trying to compete with her ebay prices?

• some trades, some interent buys and a few real world grabs:

picked the Judee Sill LP up as a blind buy only to find its not really to my taste -- its up for trade if anyone wants it.

'hubble bubble' is a rather boring library of childrend comical music with one absolutley amazing track that has a nice funky breakbeat thing with burping and farty noises over the top!! savage.

7's are:

NINO FERRER - mao et mao (amazing!!! not a duff track on the ep)
    FANCY - wild thing
    BOBBY DARIN - splish splash
    MARY KAYE TRIO - that wasnt me
    DUANE EDDY - shazam!
    THREE DOG NIGHT - writings on the wall
    BT EXPRESS - do it (till youre satisfied)
    THE COASTERS - that is rock and roll
    ROSE GARDEN - next plane to london
    MOTHERLODE - when i die
    SUGARHILL GANG - rappers reprise

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• is that maxine weldone any good?

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    It's been a slow couple of weeks, that & I've also been too busy to really go digging for any length of time. This is what has been sitting around.

I got given the Sam Cooke even though I already had the CD for years, I love that album. The Otis Clay is surprisingly good considering it's from 77, although the OV Wright stuff from a similar time is still better. I will probably never find an original on Emiliano Zapata here in NZ so I got the reissue for 30% off since the store had had it sitting around for ages. Flying Funk/Groove is a nice comp of Dutchman/Bluebird stuff, shame the pressing is noisy.
    45s
    Chambers Bros - By The hair On My Chinny Chin Chin
    Quicksand - s/t
    Drift Again - s/t
    Farside - Keep My Soul Awake
    Point Blank - s/t
    Ray Brown - The Same Old Song
    Jimmy Reed - Down In Virginia
    Sonny Boy Williamson - The Goat
    Mojo Men - Dance With Me
    Blue Cheer - Just A Little Bit
    Blues Magoos - One By One

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    is that maxine weldone any good?

its a two-tracker, but those two tracks are really great. The other stuff isnt bad, just kind of unremarkable.

• is that maxine weldone any good?

its a two-tracker, but those two tracks are really great. The other stuff isnt bad, just kind of unremarkable.

what about the wilson pickett?

• alot of nice records here. i went downtown yesterday and found a lot of very cheap records:

Tontos Expanding Head Band - Zero Time LP on Atlantic.. a synthesizer record with tons of samples and a really nice track (and some OK tracks).. the "green part" of the alanta label is purple instead of green. wtf is that supposed to mean? is it a limited press or something? or is it a repress?

Just felt a bit guilty for not having this classic album, so why shouldnt i buy it when it was so cheap? Feelin the Pharcyde & Black Moon joint alot.

The Great White Cane LP. Never seen this one before.

A jazz record from the early 80s. Has a lot of good vibraphone chords n stuff for sampling.

Mystic Number National Bank, this one also has a nice pop out cover (as you can see).

Jellyroll - bought this one cause i thought i remembered the cover from somewhere, like ive been searching for this one before or something, but cant understand why. Pretty boring album.

Spanky & Our Gang LP. This one has a really dope track on it, and tons of FX between all the tracks, pretty good record overall. It just doesnt sound like the other stuff i use to buy.

Yeah, I got 4 drumbreaks too. And a local disco-boogie-space-funk-wierdo-fuckup-thing on the zoo record also.

Peace.

Friedrich Faded

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

The Great White Cane LP. Never seen this one before.

Congratulations, you are the proud owner of Rick James?? first first musical appearance (it??s him in the hat, in the middle). Nice record.

- J

• aiiiight, har du laga mixen min enda? jeg er desp p?? no ny musikk n?? ass.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    aiiiight, har du laga mixen min enda? jeg er desp p?? no ny musikk n?? ass.

totally!

• DUNE493DUNE493 223 Posts

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    is that maxine weldone any good?

Here's a review:

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=648

• Only 2 finds this week but I'm satisfied...

Black Blood - S/T
    Weldon Irvine - Sinbad

I need a camera so I can show my finds like the rest of you fellows.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Took a quick trip to our stinky step child of a city Tacoma
    and found very little except this rare ass dancehall record:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I could have spent more at High Voltage, but I don't even want to support
    that shop. His prices are retarded and his white man jheri curl creeps me out.

• day umnn cpeetz! thats a find!

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    day umnn cpeetz! thats a find!

I know right.
    I had no idea this was so rare, until I was searching popshite
    for something else and this came up.
    Thing is I knew I had seen a copy somewhere locally but I
    couldn't remember where.
    I was right, I had seen in a shop in Tacoma, amazingly
    it was still there.
    I hadn't been there in at least 6 MONTHS, lucky huh?

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Tontos Expanding Head Band - Zero Time LP on Atlantic.. a synthesizer record with tons of samples and a really nice track (and some OK tracks).. the "green part" of the alanta label is purple instead of green. wtf is that supposed to mean? is it a limited press or something? or is it a repress?

I'm guessing it's a UK import, which is why the color scheme may be different. IIRC, in the US that album didn't come out on Atlantic proper, it was on an Atlantic subsidiary (Embryo?).

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    aiiiight, har du laga mixen min enda? jeg er desp p?? no ny musikk n?? ass.

totally!

music no ass?

ENGLISH MOFOKA, ENGLISH!!!!!!!!! DO YOU SPEAK IT?

requisite sam jackson pic:

• Only 2 finds this week but I'm satisfied...

Black Blood - S/T
    Weldon Irvine - Sinbad

I need a camera so I can show my finds like the rest of you fellows.

how expensive was the Sinbad?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

just 1

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Nico - Chelsea Girl (UK press, not my thing, anyone want this?)

peace.

• how expensive was the Sinbad?

One dollar.

• how expensive was the Sinbad?

One dollar.

• Alright then.

• just one measly rekkid ..

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    four weeks + three states = about 400 records. here's some of them:

these are from today ($5 & under):