FREE RYNO!!! Seriously, PLEASE HELP!!!

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Hopefully by now at least some of y'all are familiar with Ryno of On the LIne Records. The album that he put out last year called They Call Me No is what I would call the most complete rap album to ever come out of Austin. Well, earlier this year Ryno was doing a show on 6th Street and by no fault of his own got caught up in some bullshit that landed him in jail on a parole violation. Yes, Ryno as someone who grew up in a family that had its hands in the drug trade, has done some dirt in the past. But he's already paid his debt to society and has made some serious changes in his life in a quest to move past any connections to criminal activity. As of right now, a judge has made it the decision of Ryno's probation officer whether or not Ryno goes home or remains in custody for another 6 months to go through yet another rehabilitation program. In response to that, Danny Davis of On the Line Records is seeking support for Ryno's immediate release by having people compile appeals on the forum at Screwshop.com. Please hit up the link below and provide whatever encouraging words you can which will be presented to Ryno's lawyer in an effort to bolster Ryno's case. Apparently, Ryno's press packet went a long way just to make this decision a possibility, so anything that you can say on his behalf would be greatly appreciated. I think that logging onto the Screwshop will require registration, and I'm not sure if its moderator is accepting new members right now, so if that is a hurdle that makes posting there impossible...just go ahead and post your comments here and I will then post them on the Screwshop forum for you. Okay, here is the link: http://www.thescrewshop.com/board/showthread.php?tid=47843&page=1 Here is Danny's initial request for comments: THIS IS A SERIOUS PETITION: The lawyers and the Judge are behind letting Ryno out back on the streets, but the Probation Representative is fighting to deny Ryno his release. As of this morning Ryno freedom is riding on the 'yes' of the probation representative. These people need to know that it's not just two people that is fighting for his release, but for the fans. I am asking that if you care about this man future in this music career, please help us start a petition to fight for his release. They are trying to corner him into the wall and keep him caught up in the system. Please co sign this. This will be printed out and presented as documentation as support for Ryno's release. They are trying to put him in the S.M.A.R.T. program which means they would keep him jail for another 5-6 months. Ryno situation is so petty, that this prgram is useless. Please if you care, leave a message and let's FREE RYNO! I don't want my people caught in this revolving door. Thanks. Danny Davis CEO, On The Line Records And here is what I wrote on Ryno's behalf: Mr. Ryan Roberson happened to grow up in a less than savory environment. H'e s made mistakes in the past by allowing himself to be pulled into that environment. But he has already paid his debt to society and deserves the chance to further his legitimate career as an extremely talented rap artist. If you knew how much Ryno's music seeks to inform other young men about the pitfalls of taking shortcuts to financial success, you would realize that he's basically doing a community service by sharing his stories with the public. Furthermore, Mr. Roberson is a proud parent who has done everything in his power to provide for his kids an environment that supports them growing up as socially responsible and intelligent members of society. Please, please, please allow Mr. Roberson the opportunity to further prove himself outside the walls of correctional facilities so that his children may enjoy the enduring presence of a caring and loving father. As I understand it, Mr. Roberson did everything he could to avoid getting caught up in the turmoil that led to him landing behind bars when he was ultimately brought in on a parole violation. While many other repeat criminals seem to be a lost cause, that is definitely not the case with Mr. Roberson. He's come such a long way from his origins of having no choice but to grow up in a drug-infested household and it would do the Austin community a grave disservice to keep him locked up any longer. I write these things both as a music journalist who has interviewed Mr. Roberson extensively and as someone who quickly learned to appreciate Ryno not just as an artist, but as a friend. I just can't say enough how disappointing it was to find out that Mr. Roberson was arrested earlier this year and I hope that you can find it in your heart and your rational mind to now allow him to go free. Thank you, Robert Gabriel Austin, TX

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    For those wondering if Ryno really is a talented rapper, this is his cd from last year:

Here's a link to his myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/rynoatx

And here's a link to a couple of articles I wrote on him earlier this year:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A451574

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Issue/story?oid=oid%3A441508

And shit, as I'm typing up this message to garner support for Ryno...I find out about this that happened just last night:

Rapper believes he was target of home invasion
    Updated: 8/10/2007 10:37 AM
    By: Russell Wilde

People who live on Rochester Lane in Northeast Austin woke up Thursday morning to find their street had become a crime scene.

Police say a group of men forced their way into a home in the 13200 block of Rochester Lane, near East Howard and Parmer Lane about 12:30 a.m. Inside were five adults and two children. The adults put up a fight and a suspect shot one of the residents in the arm.

"We're obviously interviewing the residents of the home to
    determine what happened and why these individuals isolated this
    particular house," Lt. Peter Morin said.

Austin rap artist Roy Rodriguez, who goes by the name J Kapone, lives in the home. His manager, CJ Robinson, told News 8 the rapper believes the robbers knew who he was and were after his jewelry.

Rapper Roy Rodriguez (aka J Kapone) lives in the home that was targeted by thieves.

The suspects fled on foot. When police arrived, a K-9 unit found a 350-pound man lying face down in front of a nearby home with an obvious head injury.

"The suspect spoke to the officers, gave the officers his
    name, and collapsed," Morin said.

Officers and EMS tried to revive him but were unsuccessful. An autopsy has been ordered to determine his cause of death.

Police and neighbors are now left to figure out what happened on
    this normally quiet street.

"It's quiet, peaceful neighborhood, it really is. We've lived here since 1994 and really hadn't had, I mean you have your occasional issues but nothing like this," neighbor Jody Sanders said.

Everyone else inside the home, including two children, were not hurt. The children have been placed with relatives during the investigation.

Police are still looking for two or three suspects. Anyone with information should call the Homicide tip line at (512) 477-3588 or CrimeStoppers at (512) 472-8477.

And y'all wonder why I'm on edge all of the damned time...

FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!

At least thank goodness that none of the kids were hurt.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    No disrespect to you, but aren't there more-deserving causes in this world worthy of attention? Who cares about another rapper in lock-up? He'll probably sell more records now. Boo fucking hoo.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    No disrespect to you, but aren't there more-deserving causes in this world worthy of attention?
    true, but being part of this doesn't exclude you from participating in the others.

Who cares about another rapper in lock-up? He'll probably sell more records now. Boo fucking hoo.
    The fans who want another album.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Who cares about another rapper in lock-up?

racist

No disrespect to you, but aren't there more-deserving causes in this world worthy of attention? Who cares about another rapper in lock-up? He'll probably sell more records now. Boo fucking hoo.

WTF?

I told myself before posting ths not to be disappointed if no one on here does a damned thing to help the situation.

But this utterly foul response, even I didn't expect.

For shame.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

WTF?

I told myself before posting ths not to be disappointed if no one on here does a damned thing to help the situation.

But this utterly foul response, even I didn't expect.

For shame.

So exactly what injustice occurred that warrants this guy being released from jail? Was he wrongly accused of a crime?

To ZEN2's dismay, the decision has been made that Ryno is to be set free.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    To ZEN2's dismay, the decision has been made that Ryno is to be set free.

You still didn't answer my question.