rep your favorite beer

13»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    does any of u oldschool socal dudes remember ralph's beer? actually, ralph's whole line of generic alcohols was so cheap and nasty, but their design game was on point. the branding looked like this.

They had this in the northeast, too. I thought it was entirely too perfect--like somebody had filled up some prop beer cans from off a TV set or something.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    does any of u oldschool socal dudes remember ralph's beer? actually, ralph's whole line of generic alcohols was so cheap and nasty, but their design game was on point. the branding looked like this.

hahaha! I remember this.

I once bummed a generic Ralph's brand cigarette from some dude and it was like not smokable. Like beyond GPC. I took one puff and had to kinda politely pretend to smoke it as it burned down. Fucking Ralph's brand.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Favorites for me here in Miami are:

and the by-no-means-local:

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

PLAYED YOURSELF IN THE GAME OF BEER!

FAUX RILLZ SHOULD AUTHENTIFICATE THIS ONE! It's pretty good, quite Hoegardeny

Right now it's all about Pacificos, Negras with ice and fresh lime juice, or Peronis. But one of my favorite winter beers is

Tastes like bacon.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Tell a lie, at home I'm drinking these coz they are $1.50 for 500ml bottles (in the pre-gentrified part of Wburg)

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Its actually a dream of mine to visit Newcastle someday in England.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

^ St. Bernardus = next level...

Perhaps not the absolute best of the Abt/quadrupel ales, but certainly a world class beer nonetheless. Delicious!

Tastes like bacon.

Yes it does. The Chicago record mafia tend to drink these garnished with Slim Jims.

9%? That must be like drinking tar.

never had a belgian tripple before?

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout (2002) = 23% abv !!!!!!

• Tastes like bacon.

Yes it does. The Chicago record mafia tend to drink these garnished with Slim Jims.

haha. I was just about thinking that is quite true.
    i roll on the sidelines, sipping on this of late:

it's not bad. i have yet to expand my beer knowledge to find the ONE.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

I'm to say one of my favorite hot saturday, field drinkin, campin chuggin beers is bankrupt as of May 2007. Peace to one of all time icey cold cheap waterbeers in the world. You will be missed Falls City. Found a broken 12pack in a outlet store recently, and it was total bliss for me and for the whole store. Memorable moment. raer beer at its best.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    usually Jever Pilsener or Staropramen

currently

• Its actually a dream of mine to visit Newcastle someday in England.

What??? I heard its some place in england with a castle and its called Newcastle! Am I wrong?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    My homebrew hazelnut brown ale

WTF!? is that a joke, or are you the brewmaster for hair of the dog?

Saison Dupont all the way, followed closely by Allagash, Dogfish, and Hitachino beers. If any of you folls ever see the Hitachino Oak aged Japanese pale ale, or the aged classic ale I highly suggest scooping them on the strenf.

That wasn't a joke, I brewed that Hair of the Dog Hazelnut Brown Ale, and designed the quickie label (that is my dog Yogi). Homebrewing is easy. Anyone that is interested should give it a try. I get all of my supplies from http://www.austinhomebrew.com . I have a Saison bottled right now too. The Saison was brewed with lemon zest and paradise seeds. I can't wait until that batch is done carbonating.

So you don't brew Hair of the Dog beer though? As in Adam and Rose?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    So you don't brew Hair of the Dog beer though? As in Adam and Rose?

No, I have nothing to do with them, I just named my first beer that. I should have figured there was a Hair of the Dog brand out there already but I had never checked.

• olskoololskool 77 Posts
    My homeys are:

European Budweiser

I know what you're saying, but there's a reason it's been made for over 600 years

Nothing in is fucking with this though.

By far the best beer

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

^ St. Bernardus = next level...

Perhaps not the absolute best of the Abt/quadrupel ales, but certainly a world class beer nonetheless. Delicious!
    Belgian beer heads, if you are not familiar you should check for these:

An excellent flemish style red ale with spontaneous fermentation, and oak barrel aging.

La Binchoise Reserve Speciale. Belgian Amber Saison, luscious beer fire.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

No, I have nothing to do with them, I just named my first beer that. I should have figured there was a Hair of the Dog brand out there already but I had never checked.
    You should check their stuff out. It's really nice, slow-drinking beer. Wait till it gets a bit colder. If you can find it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Hell yeah! That's my favorite big beer. If you like the Dogfish 90, you have to try the 120-minute at some point. 20% alcohol:

For everyday drinking, this is my standard wherever it's on tap (which in Boston is most places):