I LOVE GOOGLE (texting)

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
you can just text g-o-o-g-l-e (466453) whatever info you're looking for followed by the city and it responds immediately! it tells you exactly what you want to know and it doesn't make you wait around like one of your flakey friends.i'd been using it for a while to find phone numbers and addresses. then, the other night, i went to see 'live free or die hard' but it was sold out at the arclight. following a hunch, i texted google 'live free or die hard,' and my zip code. 5 seconds later... BAM! it hit me back with showtimes and theaters where it was playing in my hood and i was able to enjoy watching bruce willis once again kick ass and save the day.how cool is that?are there any other cool google tricks i should know about?

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. that sounds sweet. I wonder if it costs the same as a regular text message??

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Google Maps Mobile is handy

http://www.google.com/gmm/

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. that sounds sweet. I wonder if it costs the same as a regular text message??

YOU CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON LOVE

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

YOU CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON LOVE

haha.

• you can just text g-o-o-g-l-e (466453)

You don't need that last digit. Just text 46645 (Googl). Or do what I did and add that number to your cellie's phone book under the name "google".

I use this shit, like, A LOT. Propers to empanad*mn for informing a dude. Great for addresses/phone numbers, movie times, and even live sports scores (altho that one gets a little trickier for me).

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Yeah Ive been using this for since last summer.

I bet those people at 411 are pissed.

$1.50!!!!!????

HA! FREE Batches!!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I use google stuff all the time for work. The free stuff is the best, when my boss was trying to figure out how to put together FAQ's for our attorneys I just set up a customized search engine. Shit is easy to use and cheap and makes me look like I know what I am doing at work.

GOOGLE

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Cool, my friend is one of the Google developers on this product. I went over and had lunch at the cafeteria when I was in Seattle last month. I'll let him know that people are into it.

They also do Google 411 - dial 1-800-GOOG-411 for free voice-recognition lookup services, and they can text the information back to you.

http://labs.google.com/goog411/

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

They also do Google 411 - dial 1-800-GOOG-411 for free voice-recognition lookup services, and they can text the information back to you.

http://labs.google.com/goog411/

Awesome!! This would be great for things that are in the next town over and don't have the zip code or something.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    GOOGL TXT RLZ!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    GOOGL TXT RLZ!

I just Google Texted YAY AREA WHAT IT DO and Jinx74 pulled up, threw me in his car and took me to meet DJ Anna for lunch.

THIS SHIT WORKS.

• [quoteI use this shit, like, A LOT. Propers to empanad*mn for informing a dude. Great for addresses/phone numbers, movie times, and even live sports scores (altho that one gets a little trickier for me).
    I've tried asking deep questions, like I used to do with my magic 8 ball, and the google god has responded with wisdom.