iPhone complaints?

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
or praise... Now that they've been out on the market what are you hearing. I have heard from people that have them "I love it"..... and from people that don't "my friend threw his away, kept fucking up on him"...

Comments

• or praise... Now that they've been out on the market what are you hearing. I have heard from people that have them "I love it"..... and from people that don't "my friend threw his away, kept fucking up on him"...

I have witnessed the "I love it" drop shift to "$500 for this piece of...#@$%^$". I hear nothing but desire and heartache for this tool but I say let the "new gadget" ride the market at least a few more months. Maybe a Christmas or New Years item. Two things need to happen. It needs to be 90-100% error free and the price needs to drop at least a third or half the price. People do have a demand for them though and it does look so cool

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    or praise... Now that they've been out on the market what are you hearing. I have heard from people that have them "I love it"..... and from people that don't "my friend threw his away, kept fucking up on him"...

I have witnessed the "I love it" drop shift to "$500 for this piece of...#@$%^$". I hear nothing but desire and heartache for this tool but I say let the "new gadget" ride the market at least a few more months. Maybe a Christmas or New Years item. Two things need to happen. It needs to be 90-100% error free and the price needs to drop at least a third or half the price. People do have a demand for them though and it does look so cool

Do you really see the price dropping 30-50%? At most, I imagine they could knock $100 off but I don't see them suddenly selling these for $250 come Xmas.

That said - if it did cost that much, I'd buy one.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I have no complaints... Phone is dope as f*ck.

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    Love it to death. Honestly worth every penny, especially for a guy like me who had the same phone for four years prior to this. All the little glitches are nothing compared to the crap you go through with the poorly designed competition. Biggest complaint is no video recording / voice memos, but I don't doubt that someone is writing an app for those right now.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    my cousin was showing me his this past weekend. (pause)
    he said that it didnt even come with an instruction manual of any kind. Is that correct?

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    No need for a manual, it's totally self-explanatory. A chimp could pick this up and figure out how to use it.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    he said that it didnt even come with an instruction manual of any kind. Is that correct?

Yes, that' correct. It makes sure you randomly start pressing buttons, so that it enables promotional emails to your mailbox, and makes sure you stay connected to the next apple release.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I still don't own an ipod or an mp3 player for that matter. And I don't have any plans on getting one soon. Am I disconnected, or am I ?

• masarumasaru 63 Posts
    I love it. Easy to use, navigate, everything functions EXACTLY LIKE ADVERTISED. Extremely smart systems for maps, directions, email, address book, sms, etc. Nice size, feels good in the hand. Wi-fi is great. Edge is honestly not as bad as people make it out to be. The whole "answer calls while listening to ipod" thing is brilliant, camera takes mighty nice pictures. Did I mention the awesome Maps functions? Web surfing real full on web pages with it is mind-blowing. Watching video on it is totally unreal.

Cons = No IM. Can only sync iPod part, not manually manage (my biggest gripe, but I've learned to tolerate it). No GPS. Fix these 3 things and everyone in the world should have one to complete their life. As is, it's great with room for improvement.

I don't regret the money spent on it one bit in the end.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    not that i have one, but...

no ability for the one-handed no-look texting while driving style, which is a necessity

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    I have no complaints... Phone is dope as f*ck.

• It doesn't have voice to text conversion for handless texting.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• AlGarthAlGarth 353 Posts
    yo this phone is off the hook for sure. I have very few complaints and they are greatly overshadowed by the advantages. What apple is lagging on, the hackers are making up for with jailbreak etc.. I love hearing mobb deep when people call!

• LA Heads.. What about the service? does Cingular/At&t got it or what?

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    People who bought the phone made a big mistake. My girl works is a service tech for A T&T. She tells me about all the calls she gets and problems people are having. Most are unaware that they purchased a test or demo phone. The iphone on the market is only designed to see how well it would sale. The upgraded phone with way more features and memory comes out in december. So yes the complaints are endless. If you plan on still wanting one, get the upgrade one in december. AT&T knew this product would have bugs. You didn't hear this from me....

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

maybe i dont understand, but it seems like that nes emulator would have worked way better if you had to turn it sideways and the buttons were set up more like a GB advance. this seems like its way too close together and would hurt your hands pretty bad after a few minutes playing.

plus it looks like once you hit the d-pad mario just moves indefinitely.

• People who bought the phone made a big mistake. My girl works is a service tech for A T&T. She tells me about all the calls she gets and problems people are having. Most are unaware that they purchased a test or demo phone. The iphone on the market is only designed to see how well it would sale. The upgraded phone with way more features and memory comes out in december. So yes the complaints are endless. If you plan on still wanting one, get the upgrade one in december. AT&T knew this product would have bugs. You didn't hear this from me....

I guess

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    People who bought the phone made a big mistake. My girl works is a service tech for A T&T. She tells me about all the calls she gets and problems people are having. Most are unaware that they purchased a test or demo phone. The iphone on the market is only designed to see how well it would sale. The upgraded phone with way more features and memory comes out in december. So yes the complaints are endless. If you plan on still wanting one, get the upgrade one in december. AT&T knew this product would have bugs. You didn't hear this from me....

incredibly incorrect

but yes...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Man Surgically alters thumbs to better use iPhone[/b]

Written by James Benfly
    Wednesday, 08 August 2007

Thomas Martel, 28, of Bonnie Brae is a big guy. So he has a hard time using the features on ever-shrinking user interfaces on devices like his new iPhone. At least, he did, until he had his thumbs surgically altered in a revolutionary new surgical technique known as "whittling."

"From my old Treo, to my Blackberry, to this new iPhone, I had a hard time hitting the right buttons, and I always lost those little styluses," explains Martel. "Sure, the procedure was expensive, but when I think of all the time I save by being able to use modern handhelds so much faster, I really think the surgery will pay for itself in ten to fifteen years. And what it's saving me in frustration - that's priceless."

"This is really, on the edge sort of stuff," explains Dr. Robert Fox Spars, who worked on developing the procedure. "We're turning plastic surgery from something that people use in service of vanity, to a real tool for improving workplace efficiency."

The procedure involved making a small incision into both thumbs and shaving down the bones, followed by careful muscular alteration and modification of the fingernails. While Martel's new thumbs now appear small and effeminate in comparison to his otherwise very large hands, he says he can still lift "pretty much anything I could lift before the surgery - though opening spaghetti sauce jars has been a problem. That was a big surprise."

http://northdenvernews.com/content/view/922/2

• masarumasaru 63 Posts

Wow.

I guarantee Apple will not release a "the realz iPhone" in December, let alone any other product. I could see a revision in January at MacWorld, but it's not gonna be anything outrageous.

To say that the current one is a test/demo model sounds like cell phone company subterfuge.

Would love to hear these complaints, too.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    If the stars aligned and I happened to be in the market for a new celly and ipod at the same time, I guess i could understand buying something like this first gen.

But seeing all the kool aid drinkers get testy and defensive about the inevitable version 2.0 is just too much fun, so prob not....

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    kool aid drinkers

lol