Did you feel that?

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
LA heads...I think we just had a small quake..

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Damn, you're quick. Yeah, I felt that. The whole apt. shook a little, went in the bedroom, girlfriend still asleep. I guess it wasn't that bad.

Def "WTF!?" moment tho.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Geeze... I wonder if I was the first person in Australia to know about this!

Eye witness news in full effect!

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    HA, I'm glad I don't have to deal with the quake situation!!!
    EastCoast heads know!!!

• I love when I'm in texas and dude's are like "Calleeforna? I wouldn't live out there with them earthquakes!" and its like, yeah dude, your house has been destroyed 3 times by hurricanes/tornadoes/floods but earthquakes are dangerous...?

I've seriously heard this on more than one occasion. I never even feel most of the earthquakes we have.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I love when I'm in texas and dude's are like "Calleeforna?

Poor Texan's get no respect....

About a year after I moved down here the Winter Olympics were gonna be held in Lake Placid, NY. One of the young Texans I worked with asked me this question seriously... "How are they gonna do the skiing, are they going to build ramps down the sides of the office buildings?"

Then again, my Brooklyn born/raised Dad swore to me that when I moved to Texas I was gonna have to learn how to ride a horse to work!!!

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    I like earthquakes. They make me feel like I just went on a rollercoaster.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I love when I'm in texas and dude's are like "Calleeforna? I wouldn't live out there with them earthquakes!" and its like, yeah dude, your house has been destroyed 3 times by hurricanes/tornadoes/floods but earthquakes are dangerous...?

I've seriously heard this on more than one occasion. I never even feel most of the earthquakes we have.

• I didn't feel a thing.

• I'd say 99% of earthquakes don't feel like anything more than a heavy truck driving by your house. Its the other 1 percent thats crazy, and those always seem to happen in SF for some reason.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    haha yeh that quake last night was fun... Kind of like a rollercoaster ride for about 10 seconds.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I felt it for sure. Was sitting at home when the windows rumbbled and then my chair swayed side to side one or two times. It was my first one so I was a little freaked.

• I'd say 99% of earthquakes don't feel like anything more than a heavy truck driving by your house. Its the other 1 percent thats crazy, and those always seem to happen in SF for some reason.

I usually think it's some bass rolling by.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

That was actually the vibrations felt when I laid my dick on the ground.

• LA heads...I think we just had a small quake..

Nasty. Get your dick of the ground. That's unclean.............for the ground.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Geeze... I wonder if I was the first person in Australia to know about this!

Eye witness news in full effect!

It's funny you say that 'cause the strut is a brilliant source of news - so often I'll read/watch something here and then it's on network news the next day. Just one more reason to spend too much time here!

And of course I hope everyone/thing that felt the quake is okay. Serious question, do you ever think about them or do you just block it out and enjoy the sunshine? Like is it harder to get things insured there?

• I never think about earth quakes. I almost never feel them anyways.

there was a sonic boom about a month ago as a space shuttle or something passed overhead to land. that shook the house way worse than any earth quake ever has.

the few quakes I did notice were only a few seconds long. Its never as bad as what it looks like in the movies.

the earth was laughing?

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

the earth was laughing?