2»

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I keep all my copies of Spare Change.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

$1600 is LIKE A SWEEN AND A HALF

• $1600 is LIKE A SWEEN AND A HALF

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I save everything and buy myself a pair of kicks with the money a couple of times a year, but that shit is insane!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I saved all my change for a year and bought my newmark with it. 80 bucks well spent. I guess if I would have kept saving I'd have about $240 bucks or so right now. I would think waiting 12 years must have been the hardest part huh??

I keep thinking of those save the children commercials though.

"For just pennies a day ............."

• Options
    Try a CoinStar, even if they do take a percentage.

Nah, CoinStar takes 9% and I figured I had around 1200 in there. Plus I set up an account at this Commerce branch a couple months ago with the intention of bringing my coins in there one day, this was before I knew that anybody can walk in and use it.

• Options
    Holy crap! I like that you took a picture too, I'm sure they loved that

this fool took PICTURES!!! LMFAO!

She had no idea that I took the picture. I took another one first, but it was blurry so I had to reshoot. Only did it because they were paying no attention to me at all, figured I could have shot a video if I wanted to!

• Options
    I'm looking at the teller and the guy who wouldn't even look at me just walks up and plops down on the counter a handful of change that fell through and the machine missed, then walks away without saying a word.

haha! dope story. you should've took the change holmes put back on the counter and went and stood back in line for the machine again. or told them, "i'm going out to the car now to get my big batch of change. put a person on stand-by should your machine go down again."

When he dropped the handful in front of me that was my first thought, I even looked over at the line but they were still ice-grilling me. Then I looked at the teller and had the idea of having her count it out by hand but she was looking at me all sideways.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I have a golden piggy bank that I put in whatever change I get. Cashed my savings of about 3 months when I went to London last year. Got around $150. Been doing it ever since. Saving spare change dominates.

b/w

Great post.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    man, you gotta get that video footage