Kanye Graduation album cover

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Takashi Murakami is a star artist, curator, designer and mentor to young artists. After the publication of his Geijutsu Kigyo Ron (Art Enterpreneurship Theory) last summer, he is also a successful author. In this autobiography of a creative entrepreneur, Murakami explains how he went from having no money at all eight years ago to being a million-dollar artist today (his painting, Nirvana, sold for $1.1 million at Sotheby's New York in May 2006) -- and how other Japanese artists can do the same.[/b]

Fuck Being Cool

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Murakami is that dude. He's not leading the pack in any way in the art game, but he's an established Warholian art celeb.

So if he simply spelled out Kanye in his own shit it'd have to be dope 'cause he's "established?"

That's nonsense.

It looks corny, dude. That's not to say I won't buy the album, but sometimes you just gotta quit trying to defend your favorite artist/musician/whoever's every move.

Murakami is that dude. He's not leading the pack in any way in the art game, but he's an established Warholian art celeb.

So if he simply spelled out Kanye in his own shit it'd have to be dope 'cause he's "established?"

That's nonsense.

It looks corny, dude. That's not to say I won't buy the album, but sometimes you just gotta quit trying to defend your favorite artist/musician/whoever's every move.

I see it as Kanye reaching out to a demographic that your just not a part of.

Just like how u see the brilliance in Harry Potter.

That's not to say I won't buy the album,

So he could have "simply spelled out Kanye in his own shit". And u'd still cop. So the cover image doesnt really play a part in your decision making?

That's nonsense.

J.K. Rowling is more richerer than Murakami, therefore I win.

Fuck Being Cool.

That's nonsense.

Fuck Being Cool.

think so?

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

Fuck Being Cool

- J

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    P.S. Does anybody have a big pic of Guru's Matrix album cover?
    I've been meaning to make a page of these awesomely bad modern album covers since they just don't seem to stop churning them out.

I think he tried to erase all evidence of that
    cover, after he changed it to the wife-beater one.
    I went looking for it a while back and all I could find
    was that same tiny one you used ... in fact, I laughed
    when I saw it in your post, cause I knew that must have
    been what happened to you, too.

Murakami explains how he went from having no money at all eight years ago to being a million-dollar artist today[/b]

Not even Joanne Kathleen Rowling could have imagined the power her pubescent wizard possessed.

With a few flicks of his magic wand, Harry Potter has turned Rowling into a billionaire (we estimate she's worth $1 billion). She's one of only five self-made female billionaires, and the first billion-dollar author. [/b]

Know so.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

That's nonsense.

Fuck Being Cool.

think so?
    you've made it when your ish is on canal st.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    the dude who did Lupe's cover is next level.

this cover is garbage though.

At first, I thought it might have been the work of this guy.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    an established Warholian art celeb.

^^^^ possibly the most annoying type of person evar. ^^^^

and I think now that the acid has worn off most (art critics and non-art critics alike) will agree that warhol's work was largely doo-doo.

It looks corny, dude.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    an established Warholian art celeb.

^^^^ possibly the most annoying type of person evar. ^^^^

and I think now that the acid has worn off most (art critics and non-art critics alike) will agree that warhol's work was largely doo-doo.

It looks corny, dude.

Thank you. Warhol is a fucking joke, a brilliant marketer and definately played the artworld for suckers but overall his shit is trash. This dude is the same thing.

Its the difference between creating any kid of art for arts sake or for money's sake. Dude is just as bad as the Kid Millionaire celebrity DJ types and the Milli Vanili's. Pop trash with no real substance behind it.

And granted art i all in teh eye of the beholder, but lets be serious, this is not above anyone's head here, this is some slap in teh face people will eat whatever i throw at them type garbage.

Ia m with Beanie on this one. Shit is not cool.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

I don't understand what the thing with the big mouth is supposed to be.

plz II essplane.

plz II essplane.

It's over our heads.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    AMAZING!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

plz II essplane.

it's a metaphorical institution of higher learning, spitting out the newly-graduated Kanye into the real world to put his real-world education to the test!

it's also the next tired installment in a contrived extended marketing scheme.

(here's hoping "graduation" represents the last in this annoying little series.)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

plz II essplane.

it's a metaphorical institution of higher learning, spitting out the newly-graduated Kanye into the real world to put his real-world education to the test!

(here's hoping "graduation" represents the last in this annoying little series.)

Album 4: Law School

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

plz II essplane.

Album 4: Retail Management Trainee[/b]

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

that second picture is fucking awesome. if the cover was that i'd buy the album without even knowing who it was.

im dead...fucking...serious.

• i call bs.
    the text looks suspect, theres pink junk around it.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    can we get a graemlin saying "That's not hip-hop."

I know you're joking, but please tell me that you're not serious about what you're saying....

the real question is: what do we see in the cloud formations on the kanYe West album cover?

I see the persian gulf....is kanYe trying to tell us something?

gee I wish his 'phors weren't so complex.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    [Thank you. Warhol is a fucking joke, a brilliant marketer and definately played the artworld for suckers but overall his shit is trash. This dude is the same thing.

now your buggin! the art crticism on this thread is

[Thank you. Warhol is a fucking joke, a brilliant marketer and definately played the artworld for suckers but overall his shit is trash. This dude is the same thing.

Please I have gotten in this argument with friends that love his schtick but in reality he didn't DO anything other than mass produce artwork and create the whole 15 minutes of fame quote. besides that nothing he did was that groundbreaking in terms of art. yeh yeh yeh, he created the whole idea that there is art in everything, but i don't buy it. All he is doing is calling attention to beuaty or designwork that for the most part was already identified by the masses. He repackaged it, labelled it as his own, and suckered the art world.

Like I said... Great marketer. i bet if he were around today his iPod campaigns would be unreal.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

that second picture is fucking awesome. if the cover was that i'd buy the album without even knowing who it was.

here ya go

it's supposed to look like Lisa Frank stuff

Please I have gotten in this argument with friends that love his schtick but in reality he didn't DO anything other than mass produce artwork and create the whole 15 minutes of fame quote. besides that nothing he did was that groundbreaking in terms of art. yeh yeh yeh, he created the whole idea that there is art in everything, but i don't buy it. All he is doing is calling attention to beuaty or designwork that for the most part was already identified by the masses. He repackaged it, labelled it as his own, and suckered the art world.

Like I said... Great marketer. i bet if he were around today his iPod campaigns would be unreal.

thats fine, i still like his work. thats what counts.

• i honestly think that's a dope cover right there, will sure as hell stand out on the CD racks. it's also good to see an album without the artist's face plastered all over it. props to Kanye for at least taking a different route. i think some heads on here just hate because they don't like him, if it was an Edan album some of you would be calling it a work of art. True Story.

thats fine, i still like his work. thats what counts.

of course... in the end your personal take on the artwork is what is matters.

eye of the beholder.

here ya go

it's supposed to look like Lisa Frank stuff

yeah exactly, thats why i love it!

i got some lisa frank folder, but its black and white and has pizza slices on it. i was unfamiliar with the black and white line.