my job is awesome.

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
i work at a clothing store.my boss is in a band with me, the girl who is replacing him is one of my best friends.its never busy, so i just sit around and do whatever the fuck i want.i work 4 hours a day most days, and get off at 9anything i want is free, and since we offer used clothing, i get lots of cool old shit.i get a paycheck every week.when there's work to do or stuff to be unpacked, i usually do a little bit and let the people who do the morning shift take care of the hard stuff.i take money from the store on a regular basis by asking people if they want their receipt or not, and if they dont, cancelling the sale and pocketing the money. (lets just call these "tips")the manager, who is my friend, is aware of this, and usually participates.if i need to do something else, i lock the store and leave for as long as i want.if its dead, i close earlywe dont clock in, we just get paid for whatever time we were scheduled. therefore, if i take a day or two off, i still get paid as though i was there.maybe some of these things are morally wrong, but im having the time of my life right now.im a lazy fucker, and i fully appreciate the fact that i can be right now.

Comments

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    Damn Ako you are on the post tonight. You must be having a good day

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    lately ive been realizing im living the life ive always wanted to. just having fun and doing whatever i want whenever i want. its a good feeling.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    Well right on. So when is the next EP or album you dropping?

• my job is MUCH better:

i'm a guide at the botanical garden in my college town. lots of high schools and retired people coming. 20 people max. i guide about 10 tours a month. they just raised the fees. i now get 30 euros per hour. plus tips. i usually leave with about 45 usd for one hour of work. tax-free! i think it's way too much. but who am i to complain
    there are almost no people looking for guided tours during the summer vacation though. i have to wait until september.
    it's fun. some people know nothing about plants and it's a good feeling to teach them about nature and stuff. and guiding high school kids is fun too. the very best thing is schooling teachers LOL - most biology teachers don't know much about botany

• i work at a clothing store.

my boss is in a band with me, the girl who is replacing him is one of my best friends.

its never busy, so i just sit around and do whatever the fuck i want.

i work 4 hours a day most days, and get off at 9

anything i want is free, and since we offer used clothing, i get lots of cool old shit.

i get a paycheck every week.

when there's work to do or stuff to be unpacked, i usually do a little bit and let the people who do the morning shift take care of the hard stuff.

i take money from the store on a regular basis by asking people if they want their receipt or not, and if they dont, cancelling the sale and pocketing the money. (lets just call these "tips")

the manager, who is my friend, is aware of this, and usually participates.

if i need to do something else, i lock the store and leave for as long as i want.

if its dead, i close early

we dont clock in, we just get paid for whatever time we were scheduled. therefore, if i take a day or two off, i still get paid as though i was there.

maybe some of these things are morally wrong, but im having the time of my life right now.

im a lazy fucker, and i fully appreciate the fact that i can be right now.

If you ever need a job call me. I love your work ethic.

not sure. i have 2 songs that im pretty far on, but its been hard getting things done lately. its really hot here right now and my apartment has no air conditioning, so i avoid being here as much as i can. plus my apartments a pigsty. i cant really focus, so thats not good. once it's cleaned up and it cools down a little bit i should be getting more done.

my girlfriend also lives with me, so theres a constant distraction. oh well...

i love her so much, shes awesome too.

everythings awesome.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    i work at a clothing store.

my boss is in a band with me, the girl who is replacing him is one of my best friends.

anything i want is free, and since we offer used clothing, i get lots of cool old shit.

when there's work to do or stuff to be unpacked, i usually do a little bit and let the people who do the morning shift take care of the hard stuff.

i take money from the store on a regular basis by asking people if they want their receipt or not, and if they dont, cancelling the sale and pocketing the money. (lets just call these "tips")

if i need to do something else, i lock the store and leave for as long as i want.

we dont clock in, we just get paid for whatever time we were scheduled. therefore, if i take a day or two off, i still get paid as though i was there.

maybe some of these things are morally wrong, but im having the time of my life right now.

if you have a job for me call me. I love your work ethic

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    i get paid 8 pounds an hour to sit on the internet all day.

i have no time to concentrate on music, have zero motivation/job satisfaction and spend all my wages on weed.

i work at a clothing store.

what's a work ethic?

dont get me wrong here though, when im in the right mood, or am at a job i actually care about, i can be a really passionate and hard worker.

this job is just so easy street that i really CANT care, because i dont have to. hahaha

unless of course you were serious, then sign me up!

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

you must have a fat ass

OH, and as an added bonus, i just sold some records on ebay for a good amount of money, and when school's back in, i play drums on the street corner every friday night, bringing in $50-150 on that night alone.

somehow i work 32 hours a week at $6/hr, and bring in an average of $1200 a month.

i basically double my paycheck weekly by practicing drums for a couple hours outside.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Be careful my man. My friend's brother is going to jail for doing something similar for him and his buddies at a department store. This doesn't make as much sense, because the merchandise is gone, and the money's short....then won't the owner eventually find out?

Sorry to take away from your mojo, just curious. I'm learning about accounting ethics as of this moment...

Be careful my man. My friend's brother is going to jail for doing something similar for him and his buddies at a department store. This doesn't make as much sense, because the merchandise is gone, and the money's short....then won't the owner eventually find out?

Sorry to take away from your mojo, just curious. I'm learning about accounting ethics as of this moment...

ive been worrying about this actually, definitely slowed down, but heres the thing

half the money the store brings in is profit since a lot of the stuff is used and sent to the store, basically donations.

theres a few shoplifters, and when we do inventory, our manager tells us to fudge the numbers. hes been working there about 3 years now so i dont think theres much worry.

plus, like i said, all the employees participate. even the manager is guilty. basically i only take money to buy lunch or other things, although a few nights i have gone a little overboard.

my girlfriend doesnt like the idea of me stealing money, either, so thats another factor. however, she seems to be fine with taking clothes from the store. hahaha

the whole operation's fishy, but i dont feel so bad because i hear stories of the kinda shit that USED to go on at the store and im blown away.

the place has been there since 1981 too, which blows my mind that its even open anymore, but somehow it just works.

you must have a fat ass

unfortunately not. i'm pretty slight.

• plus, like i said, all the employees participate. even the manager is guilty.

dude thats no justification - you have to take responsibility for your own actions

I'm glad for you that you enjoy your job at this point in your life, to me 'it' as in what you currently do sounds pretty average. Do some college, flex your brain and you'll make $1200 clear a week. Not hatting, just saying.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

You sound young.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

plus, like i said, all the employees participate. even the manager is guilty.

dude thats no justification - you have to take responsibility for your own actions

I'm glad for you that you enjoy your job at this point in your life, to me 'it' as in what you currently do sounds pretty average. Do some college, flex your brain and you'll make $1200 clear a week. Not hatting, just saying.

but honestly, this is how i was livin @ 19. it was fun- but eventually you want more. (hopefully)

• ahhh to be a youngster and not give a flying FUCK.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    somehow i work 32 hours a week at $6/hr, and bring in an average of $1200 a month.

i basically double my paycheck weekly by practicing drums for a couple hours outside.

AND BY STEALING.

at least he ain't stealing a culture to pay his bills.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

ive been worrying about this actually, definitely slowed down, but heres the thing

half the money the store brings in is profit since a lot of the stuff is used and sent to the store, basically donations.

theres a few shoplifters, and when we do inventory, our manager tells us to fudge the numbers. hes been working there about 3 years now so i dont think theres much worry.

plus, like i said, all the employees participate. even the manager is guilty. basically i only take money to buy lunch or other things, although a few nights i have gone a little overboard.

my girlfriend doesnt like the idea of me stealing money, either, so thats another factor. however, she seems to be fine with taking clothes from the store. hahaha

the whole operation's fishy, but i dont feel so bad because i hear stories of the kinda shit that USED to go on at the store and im blown away.

the place has been there since 1981 too, which blows my mind that its even open anymore, but somehow it just works.

Dude, it all sounds gravy except for the scamming the regiister bit. I would lay waaaay off that part and just enjoy the easy salary. Sometimes when things seem to good to be true, they are. Back when I was your age, I worked at a warehouse that was, shall we say, a little lax about everything. Dudes would punch each others time cards when they left early, our manager did it, told us to do it for other dudes. One day I came in and the entire warehouse staff and all the drivers were called to the main office, grilled, threatened with prosecution and arrest, and we were all summarily canned. That sucked and I was too wrapped up in my own world to have seen it coming.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Saying...Ako is like...13.5 right?

It's a good age to fuck around and just do whatever. Of course, if he were 30 and making the same post, that might be

I wouldn't say my job is awesome but I can't complain about NOT having a 9-5 and getting four months a year off.

• I wouldn't say my job is awesome but I can't complain about NOT having a 9-5 and getting four months a year off.

• Yeah lay off AKO for chrissakes. I'm waiting for the first person to say "So if all your friend's jumped off a bridge would you too?"

AKO, I'm glad you are having fun my man. Live it up. You are at the age right now where everything can be AWESOME.

• AKO, I'm glad you are having fun my man. Live it up. You are at the age right now where everything can be AWESOME.

at what age are you right now?

• AKO, I'm glad you are having fun my man. Live it up. You are at the age right now where everything can be AWESOME.

at what age are you right now?

I'm an old man dude. I'm 31.

I stopped dying my hair and now it is all silver. Its pretty cool.

• I'm an old man dude. I'm 31.

just kiddin'

• Alright mr. fipple, how old are you?

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

example ?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Yeah lay off AKO for chrissakes. I'm waiting for the first person to say "So if all your friend's jumped off a bridge would you too?"

AKO, I'm glad you are having fun my man. Live it up. You are at the age right now where everything can be AWESOME.

But... DO YOU HAVE INSURANCE!!??

In my "care free" days... when I delivered shoes and didn't leave college after graduation... this was my family's #1 concern. Like I would need an emergency apendectomy (sp?) and be out 10 grand.

Everything is relative. I've made 400 / month and made rent and had enough for beer during one of the happiest times of my life (that 6 months after graduation before the student loans payments were due and I stayed up at school)... and I've made a pretty damn good living (weighted down with car payments, mortgages, pre-school tuition, digital cable bill, target charge account, add infinity) and been miserable.

BUT... I have been broke as fuck too and I would take a well paying career with insurance and 401 K over farting around any day of the wekk!