Art Strut (what's everyone working on)

Comments

• damn, thanks for all the awesome feedback. really happy to see all the parents (and parents-to-be) stoked on this. doing individual shirts of the full alphabet might be tricky (errr, expensive) but there are definitely 24 x 36" screenprinted posters on the way!

plaese to hollering at our mailing list at burlesqueorders @ gmail.com if you wanna know what and when it do.

phono13 - that was a reprint of the MF DOOM "MM..FOOD Drive Tour" poster we did for Rhymesayers. We only printed 20 extra for us to sell, so I have a feeling the will end up being kinda

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

i had a hankering to do t-shirts of some of the individual letters. hmmmm...

words would be fresh too

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    damn, thanks for all the awesome feedback. really happy to see all the parents (and parents-to-be) stoked on this. doing individual shirts of the full alphabet might be tricky (errr, expensive) but there are definitely 24 x 36" screenprinted posters on the way!

plaese to hollering at our mailing list at burlesqueorders @ gmail.com if you wanna know what and when it do.

phono13 - that was a reprint of the MF DOOM "MM..FOOD Drive Tour" poster we did for Rhymesayers. We only printed 20 extra for us to sell, so I have a feeling the will end up being kinda

I was speaking on this photo:

Is this yous guys?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Mike2600, that alphabet poster is great. I work part-time in a day care centre for children aged 7-8 months to 3 years, and I know that the kids as well as the employees love having posters of this caliber hanging on the walls. Did you ever do illustrations for children's books? Got kind of a Mr. Men thing going on there.

• Oh yeah, duh. You totally said skate decks.

That was done by Cohen Morano for Foundation.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

I feel kind of stupid not being able to figure this out myself, but what are the F and the N?

• subsub 311 Posts
    i updated my site:

http://dirtydesign.net/

getting good response. :ball r2:

ah you did "our" panacea 45 cover. nice meeting you here. it's really a dope cover...

jannis from jakarta rec.

• I feel kind of stupid not being able to figure this out myself, but what are the F and the N?
    Female? And ninja?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

I feel kind of stupid not being able to figure this out myself, but what are the F and the N?

F for flowers (in her hair, she comes in colors everywhere...)
    N for ninja.

• FLower and Ninja, I believe.

Though, not sure on the F.

I can't figure out the Y.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

flower and ninja?

• ageage 1,131 Posts

The "f" looks like a kid or a girl with a bow and "flower" in her hair & running and the
    "n" looks like a ninja..am i wrong?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    FLower and Ninja, I believe.

Though, not sure on the F.

I can't figure out the Y.

I think it's "yummy." And I can't believe I didn't get ninja. I love ninjas.

• coldcutscoldcuts 388 Posts
    My most recent project is this minicomic.

If anyone is interested in obtaining a copy, send me a pm. I have a few lying around.

I am currently in the middle of writing another comic based on my most recent trip to Costa Rica. Anyone else happen to do comics here?

• Yes - yall got it...

Flower
    Ninja
    Yum (although some say it's Yogurt)

I've never illustrated a children's book before, nor would I be opposed to trying it! The Mr. Men series was a huge inspiration to me.

• Mike, LOVE THE POSTER! Truly incredible, and it's extra wonderful that you made it for your niece (Congrats, Unka Twinkie Six Honey!).

Now, what's between the Y and Z? It looks like a punch-out for hanging, but it's at the bottom.

• Now, what's between the Y and Z? It looks like a punch-out for hanging, but it's at the bottom.

It's a likkle spot for writing a dedication. Here's the original black & white one I did and colored in with crayons with dedication intact (also before I changed the H from Hailey to House).

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

Mix CD Cover Doodle

• Now, what's between the Y and Z? It looks like a punch-out for hanging, but it's at the bottom.

It's a likkle spot for writing a dedication. Here's the original black & white one I did and colored in with crayons with dedication intact (also before I changed the H from Hailey to House).

You get an A for Awesome.

(That R looks nothing like me, though. "Ribbit"? Oh, RUNNER!)

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    RUNNER!

Ahhh. I thought Richie Tenenbaum was a bit obscure for a little tyke...

• "C" is for Chomp, right?

That poster is cool.

I bought a little Lester spinet piano from craigslist. Its kinda beat up, but I don't mind. I'm ripping the guts out of it. then I want to put a midi controller where the keys were and hide speakers in it. its really hard getting that metal harp out though. I mean, i've been working on it for a while and its taking a long time to get that fucking thing out.

In my head this will turn out really cool. In real life, when its all done, it could look totally stupid, but I don't care. I'm having fun working on it. Plus I really miss playing the piano so it will be nice to have on in the house again.

I think it's Cookie.

That poster is really cool.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    "C" is for Chomp, right?

That poster is cool.

I bought a little Lester spinet piano from craigslist. Its kinda beat up, but I don't mind. I'm ripping the guts out of it. then I want to put a midi controller where the keys were and hide speakers in it. its really hard getting that metal harp out though. I mean, i've been working on it for a while and its taking a long time to get that fucking thing out.

In my head this will turn out really cool. In real life, when its all done, it could look totally stupid, but I don't care. I'm having fun working on it. Plus I really miss playing the piano so it will be nice to have on in the house again.
    G**y-
    That sounds awesome. Let me know when you get it up and running, I'd love to see that.

• DANG!!!!

mike2600 is blowing my mind (as usual)

as is dirty designs...

good drats.

That poster is cool.

G**y-

That sounds awesome. Let me know when you get it up and running, I'd love to see that.

will do, but the controller isn't even here yet. now guitar center is saying it won't get here until september (angry face).

• leolyxxxleolyxxx 446 Posts
    Damn, some good stuff in this thread, really really liked the cartoony alphabet.

Quite a lot of free time this summer so i've had time to do some doodeling aswell, done some bigger paintings but haven't photographed them yet.

/L

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    It's great to see other people's work... Here are some pieces from the salt-firing I unloaded on Tuesday:

• whoa crazy! someone on here makes "real" art. those are awesome tjames.

• Damn, some good stuff in this thread, really really liked the cartoony alphabet.

Quite a lot of free time this summer so i've had time to do some doodeling aswell, done some bigger paintings but haven't photographed them yet.

/L

• tjamestjames 156 Posts
    whoa crazy! someone on here makes "real" art. those are awesome tjames.

Hey thanks for the compliment! If you print up some alphabet posters count me in... maybe we could trade for a beer-stein or some scotch-tumblers?

tjames