REGRET

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
i regret selling my (broken) wurlitzer electric piano.i regret not buying the shaft in africa OST for $2 five years ago.i regret not looking through my friends record collection the day before he gave his original copy of silver apples - contact to another friend because he didnt know i was into themhow bout you...

Comments

• I once opened one of my parent's windows in the hurricane of 1987, only to find it disappear down the street. I did not appreciate it was quite as windy as it was.
    I wish I hadn't done that. My Dad had to come home from work and he was not best pleased.

Carry on.

[P.S. I DON'T regret finding that a German lady had listed the Bizzie Boys' "Dope" 12" in mint condition for one Euro buy-it-now under Pop on eBay.]

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I regret sending BeardedD a private new age boner that I've never found again. At least I know he likes it

I regret passing on Maria & Lily and Lori Zimmerman at the goodwill that day

I am working out a deal for my Christmas on Paragon. Even for something in the range of $1,500 to $2K I have already regretted my decision to let it go.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I regret being too young and dumb to understand what rare records were back when there were actually a lot of them sitting around everywhere.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I regret going to Goodwill about two years ago, since it would lead to someone driving right into my car. What it did do is let me realize I need to do things for the now and not wait until "the time is right". It's something that had always been in the back of my mind, and I generally am a workaholic, but I needed to be close to death in order for me to wake up.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I regret finding a crate of telemusic libraries and simply buying the one entitled "vibraphone" because i had heard from someone that vibraphones were good to sample.

It was years later when i learnt what library records were that I saw the telemusic covers on-line somewhere and it suddenly dawned on me what i had missed out on years before.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    I regret not buying this 45

at the turntable lab in LA

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I might have a spare of this lying around.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    i regret not buying the Lovelites "With Love from..." for ???6,50 five weeks ago.

gives me a permanent headache and has led to countless hours of sifting through crap in various shops in order to compensate and find a substitute. The feeling is horrible!

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts

I might have a spare of this lying around.
    PM me. Thanks

• i regret leaving my 1,500 euro nikes at my parents house. i didn't know what they were worth. just some never used old sneakers to me. until i stumbled across a vintage sneaker site. my mom dumped the shoes that have been sold for 1,500 euros before

i regret not buying the first motherhood lp on UA for 5 euros. i didn't have any money with me and put the record back just before closing time. i came back very early on the very next day, but the LP was gone. somebody must have seen it in my hands the day before.

i regret not breaking into an almost shut down record store when i was 14. i found the key while smoking a cigarette outside. it was hidden behind a small brick in the store's brick wall. opened up the door, walked inside, said hello out loud, got scared for no reason, ran off, left the key. i should have taken some records at least or taken the key with me.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

I regret not picking up the Blacula OST for 5$

- J

• I regret passing up on (probably) dope shit years ago because of not being hip to other genres of music. The days of just picking out the obvious shit..and the "afro syndrome"..hate to think of the stuff I have probably skipped over back in the day due to this.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    not buying the odyssey lp on mowest for 5 dollars (i only listened to the side w/o "our lives are shaped")

buying henry mancini, ray conniff and other sleazy listening lp's cause they had the theme from s.w.a.t/baretta and pete rock breaks yo!

recently paying a decent amount for an lp i found 3 copies of the next day for 1/20 the price.

peace,xavier

• henry mancini, ray conniff and other sleazy listening lp's cause they had the theme from s.w.a.t/baretta

uk charity shop gold!!

but seriously, i passed on a copy of ghettto misfortune's wealth for 8 bucks cause it had a scratch and they wouldn't take a fiver. real shrewd operator i was back then.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    i'm so busy doing wrong things that i don't have the time to regret any of them