So can I run windows apps on a new apple computer?

matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I have ableton, reason, some other stuff for my pc.. I just wanted to make sure that i can run windows stuff on a mac before I consider getting one as my primary/ everyday computer...

Comments

• DrBorisQDrBorisQ 298 Posts
    Well you can run windows, so you can run windows apps. You can't really run windows apps inside MacOSX though... You need to dual-boot, windows and OSX.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I have ableton, reason, some other stuff for my pc.. I just wanted to make sure that i can run windows stuff on a mac before I consider getting one as my primary/ everyday computer...

Get Parralells... but pleese don't buy a Mac to run Windows programs. Run Windows apps as a last resort.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Get Parralells... but pleese don't buy a Mac to run Windows programs. Run Windows apps as a last resort.

My colleague tried to show off her Parallels on her MacBookPro to me the other day...and it took 20 minutes to finally get to run right.

• Parallels is a great thing. Coherence Mode is amazing.
    launch any app, regardless of which OS its in, and see it next to other applications from the other OS.

• but that's the thing.. I don't want to pay for mac versions of ableton or reason when I already have them.

• Not sure about Ableton, but if you registered your software with Propellerheads, you should be able to download a Mac copy of reason from their site without any issues. I've downloaded 2.5 about ten times and have yet to run into a problem.