Old Timey Pest Control Strategies

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I got Mice, Ants, Flies and Mosquitoes. I was at the big box stores looking at pest control solutions and everything was full of toxic chemicals. WARNING if you have pets or small children. I do! So I went over to the old style hardware store and there where all these old timey pest control things. Glue strips, glue towers, bug lights, mice traps, etc. Do any of these things work?

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    boric acid for ants and crawlers
    better than toxik glue
    spring loaded mouse traps are chemical free
    those sonor things work ,mice hate that Q
    Smacking germs, eating bugs, biting mouse
    fatback say
    get tha fuck outta my house

• boodooboodoo 28 Posts
    use your damn foot.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I had mice in my one apartment in philly. The little fuckers would come right out in front of me. I go one of those sonic things that you plug in and it worked. I didn't have any more mice. I think they make them for some types of bugs too. Worth a try.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Ants don't like cucumber peels.
    You can put some white powder in a green bag who's name escapes me around the base of your house to have em not come in.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I had some of those springloaded mousetraps and they splattered the dude all over the place. Not really a fan of that result.

I had some of those sonic things and, I swear to God, I could hear them.

• Options
    Catch them by hand and release them into the wilds.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

One of my roomates in college grew up in a really shit part of pittsburg and said when he was a kid he would wake up with mice and roaches in his bed all the time. When he saw a mouse in our apartment he would grab it by the tail and throw it off the balcony.

• Options

One of my roomates in college grew up in a really shit part of pittsburg and said when he was a kid he would wake up with mice and roaches in his bed all the time. When he saw a mouse in our apartment he would grab it by the tail and throw it off the balcony.

I would've hired someone to dress as Mickey Mouse and see how tough this kid really is b/w I guess you didn't room with Fatback?

• novasolnovasol 204 Posts
    I'm sure you've already considered this, but find a nice contemplative spot...get cozy ask yourself again "why are these pest here"?

Post your thoughts and I'll advise.

Was at a country Estate sale awhile back...glue strip hung all over the garage with flies stuck all over them.