Is the world really a toilet or is it just my TV?

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
I just got cable after not having it for 10 + Years.It was part of this time warner phone/internet package Anyhowwhat a fucking messBret Michels,Dog Bounty Hunter dude,To catch a predator,Flavor of love,the nightly news in general and how they present it and of course all the stupid ass comercials,I know I am pointing out the obvious but Good Lord .......i can't watch this shit

Comments

• get rid of the tv

internet is bad enough

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    get rid of the tv

internet is bad enough

seriously.
    i've been w/out the tube for a decade over here.
    when i want some reality, i go and talk to my neighbors...
    or read nonfiction.

• generally speaking, american television is the toilet

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Stick to HBO and Showtime programs. National Geographic and Discovery when you want to get your nerd on. Sometimes Sundance or IFC have some good movies to watch, just keep checking.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Not long ago while channel surfing I came across a show about how the U.S. Government had lied to it's citizens and actually staged the Moon landing while at the same time there was a show on another channel about how the U.S. Government had kidnapped citizens and sent them to populate the Moon!!

Gotta love it.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    get rid of the tv

internet is bad enough

seriously.
    i've been w/out the tube for a decade over here.
    when i want some reality, i go and talk to my neighbors...
    or read nonfiction.

For real, I can't believe what people watch/listen to/believe out of the tube. Scary to think that's the majority.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    get rid of the tv

passive home media is so 2004.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Not long ago while channel surfing I came across a show about how the U.S. Government had lied to it's citizens and actually staged the Moon landing

Was O.J. Simpson in it?

Gotta love it.

What are you doing in this thread GeriatriKKKunt?

Are ya'll friends now?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Not long ago while channel surfing I came across a show about how the U.S. Government had lied to it's citizens and actually staged the Moon landing

Was O.J. Simpson in it?

Damn, is that who it was??

I thought that black astronaut on the moon looked familar!!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    generally speaking, american television is the toilet

^^^ while this is true generally speaking, these are two highly entertaining shows:

Dog Bounty Hunter ,To catch a predator[/b]

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    It's all about CMT's Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge, starring none other than "I am the extra dah-DAH in hip-hop" Vanilla Ice (last guy on the right):

Personally, it would be worth waiting for the AVN's Celebrity Cock Riding Challenge, I think Jennifer Steele and Alexis Silver would battle to the finish.

Of course, life isn't complete without this famous trip to the Maury Povich Show:

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I ended up ditching the TV awhile ago. Any worthwhile shows end up on DVD pretty quickly. And for any sports I want to watch but don't want to hit up a bar, I just fire up the appropiate P2P program and check the listings at http://myp2p.eu

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I wouldn't say it's all shit. It depends what I'm in the mood for. But I am completely out of the loop when it comes to shows like The Wire, 24, Entourage, The Office or whatever. I've been meaning to rent some of these shows on Netflix just to know what everyone is talking about, but I've been all about movies as of late. My dad has been raving about that TNT drama The Company about the CIA and the Cold War, but the first 20 minutes looked like routine made-for-TV semi-historical fare.

• I like the colbert report.

I like the colbert report.

that and TDS are completely available online.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    When we were in the States and had cable in every hotel room which amounted to over 50 or so channels - we were amazed that there was still NOTHING to watch. Sports, music videos and Phil Spector trial were about all we could handle for more than a few minutes. At home we don't have any cable at all, just five or six channels and half of those are fuzzy. The Wire, Deadwood, etc we just rent those.

Also, I've never watched CNN and I had no idea how bad it is. I mean it's not even news...when I was held at the border, to add insult to injury, they had CNN blaring in the detainment waiting room. I had to keep my shit together for when I got called in, but Man was ready to rip the thing out of the wall. Toilet indeed.