FINDS of the DAYS of the WEEK

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
That's right, finds fools. mad crazy stupid cheap kinda common but "dope" 45's:Happy Return is a hot 2-sider with a pounding fuzz a-side and a moody flip thatwas comped on Fading Yellow. Apollas got that groove. Big Youth is fire but rinked.Orsa Lia is a weird girl group pop vocal but with fuzz guitar and mysticlyrics. Cool stuff. I never knew there was a sequel to the Steelers' classictune on Date, "Get It From the Bottom" ... but there it is!Shay Holiday is nice funky soul with the same label & producer as Tommie Young,and has a very similar sound to her best stuff. Nice later tune from the Swingin'Blue Jeans, I'm still a sucker for that Merseybeat stuff when done right.Underground Power-Pop classic! So good, this is the stuff that all those80's movies soundtrack bands were trying to copy ...Few cheap LP's:And a few more interesting ones:Finally get my Hackamore Brick fix taken care of! Some really amazing songs on that album, and just a great vibe to the whole thing. It's goingon the heavy listening shelf for a long time. Nice obscure Barrett Strongrelease, includes the sought-after gospel/modern soul crossover track "ManUp In the Sky" and a smoooth version of "Ain't No Love in the Heart of theCity" ... nice shrinkwrapped clean copy of the Prunes, and the Liska doesn'tend up being as good as it looks like it could, mostly country pop SSW terds,but a few real quality tracks, couple of "outlaw ballads" that stand up.

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    i found a yankee that lives in copenhagen.

i gave him a

• i found a yankee that lives in copenhagen.

i gave him a

Please to keep gay pride weekend scores

• hackamore brick would be a a crazy streetball name

• That Hackamore Brick is one of my favs...Nice finds!!!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    hackamore brick would be a a crazy streetball name

i just spit out my noodles

• i think llmod1 fond that record here earlier this year... do you know anything about it? is it the real or the fake band?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

i think llmod1 fond that record here earlier this year... do you know anything about it? is it the real or the fake band?

i believe it is the real missus beastly just bein funny...pretty cool record, but mostly overpriced. Shouldn't cost you more than 15-20??? max i think...

• umm, i think its the second, stolen incarnation of the group but maybe i'm wrong. the history of that band confuses me. anywyas its the version of missus beastly that i dig-the prog jazz fusion one...similar line-ups to the self-titled on nova and space guerilla on schneeball.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    umm, i think its the second, stolen incarnation of the group but maybe i'm wrong. the history of that band confuses me. anywyas its the version of missus beastly that i dig-the prog jazz fusion one...similar line-ups to the self-titled on nova and space guerilla on schneeball.

yeah, they should have named themselves "missus beastly II" or sth to cope with all the line-up changes

• my personal top finds this week so far are some rare-or-not-but-worth-a-look jazz records from bulgaria (dope bigband record, but probably a compilation), poland (excellent jazz from eastern europe) and japan (contains a version of take five with traditional japanese instruments):

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    This reminds me I need to find that Barbara Lynn LP.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

did you get the HOT sleeve poster as well?

• alas no poster...but thanks for posting. wanted to see wht it looked like

• DK Essence, love that krzysztof zgraja record, sampled it two times also.
    Bassfever, feelin the odie track on the electric prunes record.

its a madlib loop on the supremes record. lax 2 jfk.

• its a madlib loop on the supremes record. lax 2 jfk.

WTF? sad smiley? why?

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i like "moment of truth" by gangstarr, it's a good album. it has this song about guru's trouble with the law called "jfk to lax".

peace,xavier

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    From the thrift store today:

... the Can-Dee is sealed, and the only one that seems to be sought-after.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Yesterday I bought a record that the owner was playing in the shop when I walked in. I said "what's that, I want it."

Is that still a "find"???? It was $10 if that helps.

Had one of my best eBay scores in a looong time recently ...

... a "lot" of 18 sealed records from one seller for $18 total:

Some junk/filler, but a few gems, like the Tami Lynn, James Luther Dickinson, Alamo, etc ...

Oh yeah, I forgot one of the 18 ...

• Yesterday I bought a record that the owner was playing in the shop when I walked in. I said "what's that, I want it."

which record was it?

fred

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Yesterday I bought a record that the owner was playing in the shop when I walked in. I said "what's that, I want it."

which record was it?

fred

Tony Orlando & Dawn in the shrink.
    Good score!!!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Nice work on that ebay score, SOI!

No pics, but had my first finds in a while:

CAN-Ege Bamyasi
    CAN-Future Days
    Pink Floyd-Atom Heart Mother

OG Italian pressings, the Floyd is a Greek press, $5 bucks each

Am I remembering that the US press of Ege Bamyasi has some defect? What was it?

• Had one of my best eBay scores in a looong time recently ...

... a "lot" of 18 sealed records from one seller for $18 total:

Some junk/filler, but a few gems, like the Tami Lynn, James Luther Dickinson, Alamo, etc ...

Oh yeah, I forgot one of the 18 ...

that dude finally shipped you those records. Sweet deal.

• top 3 are from trading in old ones I never listened to. bottom two were copped in real world for cheap from a store that over prices 50's doo-wap, r&b and jazz, but doesn't know nada about african music. PUSH AM FORWARD on the afro national is bonkers. Star Time is worth a bit right? all are very clean.

• Nice work on that ebay score, SOI!

No pics, but had my first finds in a while:

CAN-Ege Bamyasi
    CAN-Future Days
    Pink Floyd-Atom Heart Mother

OG Italian pressings, the Floyd is a Greek press, $5 bucks each

Am I remembering that the US press of Ege Bamyasi has some defect? What was it?

im still looking for ege bamyasi

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Star Time is worth a bit right? all are very clean.

There are 2 pressings of all 4 volumes of Star Time. The OG HMV and the UK press on Odeon. I've never seen any of the 4 volumes go for under $150 reaching about as high as $280. They are all amazing, and that particular one is the only one left I need.

There are 2 pressings of all 4 volumes of Star Time. The OG HMV and the UK press on Odeon. I've never seen any of the 4 volumes go for under $150 reaching about as high as $280. They are all amazing, and that particular one is the only one left I need.

Never seen the record game played so badly

YOU MUST SUCK AT POKER

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Never seen the record game played so badly

YOU MUST SUCK AT POKER

haha, no I can't even afford shit right now, just wanted to let him know it might pay off for him.

and for the record, I do suck at poker. You should see the schitzo twitch I get when I have a good hand.