Beatstrut 8/07

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
lets get this shit popping. post up heaters. got two new joints at www.myspace.com/thelowendtheory

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    not that recent but not that bad:
    http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=2W1QHTQ0

• theres a few newer bits and bobs here:

>>>MYSPACE

• Yeah, me wants to play too !!!

Places and mySpaces

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    lets get this shit popping. post up heaters.

got two new joints at
    www.myspace.com/thelowendtheory

Affection is s'nice.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    Aight lets get this popping

nutrious- smooth is dope, some good ideas and arrangments. not so smooth is cool sounds like Witness dub by roots manuva

inVrs - sorry holmes i cant get down with megaupload.

Pencilface - was the first track originally sampled by madlib or doom? someone outta that camp. Its aight. the second track is dope. Bass needs some work. Its like too far out of the image if that makes sense. And needs a dominant melody to carry it. Like maybe some keys. I like triangluar. but it needs a thicker bassline, the switch up is raw. Rasco Remix is cool. sounds real gritty though and the vox seems to be too loud over it.

Places and spaces - first track is dope. Bass though is a little muddy. Maybe cut a little in the 80hrtz range to clean it up. and also maybe a little compression on it to tighten it up. Like a 4:1 ratio with fast attack and medium release. but its a dope flip of the dilla joint. the second track is whats up. a little strange with the strings in it. they need to be mixed a little lower in the mix and also maybe but a little delay on em, real little almost unnoticable to make it seem a little more warm and fill the image out a little more. Jurrasick is cool also until concrete schoolyards come in. then it makes everything sound all fucked up. Bill is pretty dope. The one thing you have to work on though is your mixing. Do you have monitors? You have some great ideas though, just need to clean up the product a little.

Martin - This is cool. the drums though seem a little loud. Like maybe bring em down like 2 db to make it sit better and be balanced with everything. Its cool though. I like the microkorg effects but maybe a little delay to smooth em up instead of sounding like real brittle and sterile.

• Places and spaces - first track is dope. Bass though is a little muddy. Maybe cut a little in the 80hrtz range to clean it up. and also maybe a little compression on it to tighten it up. Like a 4:1 ratio with fast attack and medium release. but its a dope flip of the dilla joint. the second track is whats up. a little strange with the strings in it. they need to be mixed a little lower in the mix and also maybe but a little delay on em, real little almost unnoticable to make it seem a little more warm and fill the image out a little more. Jurrasick is cool also until concrete schoolyards come in. then it makes everything sound all fucked up. Bill is pretty dope. The one thing you have to work on though is your mixing. Do you have monitors? You have some great ideas though, just need to clean up the product a little.

Hey GRACIAS MUCHAS VECES man !

Actually, my name is DaBee, I just wanted to make a not so funny joke with myspace and that Byrd's insane LP !

And that Jurassic's extract is from my new mix CD where I mix the original samples and the beats that borrowed from those, so it's of course not a beat.

Yeah I have monitors, but I mos' def' need to work on my mixing skillz ! The good chemistry between delay and compression, that's where it's at...

Thanx again !

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    4 beats from last april

www.myspace.com/djkingotto

let me know what you think

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    3 beats i did

feedback appreciated. mainly the first one, the other two are just scraps.

• Pencilface - was the first track originally sampled by madlib or doom? someone outta that camp. Its aight. the second track is dope. Bass needs some work. Its like too far out of the image if that makes sense. And needs a dominant melody to carry it. Like maybe some keys. I like triangluar. but it needs a thicker bassline, the switch up is raw. Rasco Remix is cool. sounds real gritty though and the vox seems to be too loud over it.

thanks for the feedback, buddy. i dont really think too much about the beats. but maybe i should!!

i dont know if the first track was sampled by anyone else -- i havent heard it before if it was. its from an SBB LP - supposedly the 'polish Goblin'!!

• King Otto - Some nice stuff, Peddlin' Music would be real nice if you added a bassline because it's put together nicely at the moment but sounds too thin. Ruff Stough was cool, nice little interlude type beat...

Chizzle - Really liked the The beat, i was just thinking that the filtered melody was too quiet before the guitar and strings came in, really nice laid back beat. I thought the other two were nice as well, good stuff.
    I see you're from Canterbury, do you know Vee Kay or the rapper Wordsmith? Also see you have Sivey in your top friends, everything i hear from that guy is great...

I just put up a new one on my page and i have 4 others up too, they're all a mix of samples and synths: www.myspace.com/shearsmusic

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    cheers dude. i'll check some of these when i get home from work.

uhmm yeah Sivey is top notch, i been trying to get him on here for a while. he seriously needs an instrumental LP out as soon as possible.

I've heard Wordsmith, not familiar with Vee Kay. Worth checking Giacomo and DJ Bias both on Lewis Parker's Canteen Records.

I span in Oxford a while back at The Cellar, when Phi Life Cypher were down.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    infinitrawness

beattape early 07

• I span in Oxford a while back at The Cellar, when Phi Life Cypher were down.

Haha, that's weird, my friends put that night on...