New Jill Scott

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Sampler here. The first few tracks sounded a little too smooth, but the more it went on, the more I thought, well, this might be worth copping, even if only for the missus. The track that flips that Mahavishnu Orchestra riff sounds particularly interesting. Jill Scott has never shied away from making music for The Grown and Sexy, and I'm not sure there's much here that'll take her to a wider audience, but it has the makings of another solid listen

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Sampler here.

The first few tracks sounded a little too smooth, but the more it went on, the more I thought, well, this might be worth copping, even if only for the missus. The track that flips that Mahavishnu Orchestra riff sounds particularly interesting. Jill Scott has never shied away from making music for The Grown and Sexy, and I'm not sure there's much here that'll take her to a wider audience, but it has the makings of another solid listen

I have not heard it yet, but a lot of people at player are talking about it because apparently one of the songs mocks some of the people on the boards. I still have to get her second album, I did buy the live album but later put it up on eBay (should've saved a copy first) because it was not as good as the BBC radio broadcast I have.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    I have not heard it yet, but a lot of people at player are talking about it because apparently one of the songs mocks some of the people on the boards.

Yeah, that's probably that "haters" tune she talks about on the sampler.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im lookin forward to the new joint.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Haven't heard it, but I want to check it. My R&B or lack of is killin me right now

• this sounds nice dude!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,899 Posts
    Hmmmm... I like tunes @ 8 mins and 12 mins. Anything with >1 listenable song must be Ok.