MacOSX USB audio input to output question

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Hopefully this is an easy one.If you're using a USB input - for instance a USB turntable - how do you make it play directly through to your Mac's (OSX) attached speakers?My friend just got a Stanton USB turntable and was planning on using it to listen to records on her Mac; basically making her computer into a stereo receiver. But even though she has the input set up correctly (the USB audio registers on both the "Sound" panel in system preferences, and in the Input meter on Amadeus II audio software), she can't figure out how to make the USB audio input play through her computer's attached speakers.And now that she asked me how to do this, I realized I don't know how to do it on my computer either!help

Comments

• download Audio Hijack Pro

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Ok. Now what.

• set input device to the turntable and output device to the speakers... press the hijack button and it should work... cool thing is you can also record directly to mp3 with Audio Hijack if needed.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    set input device to the turntable and output device to the speakers... press the hijack button and it should work... cool thing is you can also record directly to mp3 with Audio Hijack if needed.

Got it - just needed to hit the Hijack button. Thanks!

But certainly there's a way to do this without using 3rd party software? Maybe not?

• as far as USB audio, your definitely going to need some kind of software involved to get sound of it... i like Audio Hijack the best, because it has hardly any latency at all, whereas when i was using audio editors such as PEAK as a means of playing records, i could clearly hear an annoying delay between the vinyl and the sound coming out the speakers. Audio Hijack is great for other things as well... and you can also EQ stuff right there in the EFFECTS tab.