The Simpsons Movie

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Yay or Nay?

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    it was much much funnier than i expected it to be.

-spiderpig

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts
    Yay or Nay?

4 1/2 impossible thumbs up.

Really good.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Agreed. Lots of good jokes in there.

"Look, I'm the mascot for an evil corporation!"

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    I thought it was ok. It had funny parts, but it wasn't what I was expecting. But I have to give them props for the amount of time and hard work they put into it.

3 outta 5.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Im sure there was already a thread on this...I just got back from watching it. The flick was hilarious. The only part I didn't like was the Green Day Cameo...That was a little wierd for such an epic film.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    but it wasn't what I was expecting.

What did you expect the movie to be like?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

well, I had high expectations, I suppose. I thought it had funny parts, but it was very few.

I guess I expected it to be like the old school Simpson days since it took what almost 4 years to make? I even heard the old school writers were in part of this, and it didn't seem that way, to me.

I didn't hate it, I just don't think it is something to rave about. Believe me, I am still a Simpsons fan, but I'm never too crazy about a cartoon show coming out with a movie.

well, I had high expectations, I suppose. I thought it had funny parts, but it was very few.

I guess I expected it to be like the old school Simpson days since it took what almost 4 years to make? I even heard the old school writers were in part of this, and it didn't seem that way, to me.

I didn't hate it, I just don't think it is something to rave about. Believe me, I am still a Simpsons fan, but I'm never too crazy about a cartoon show coming out with a movie.

That's surprising. I thought the movie had even more jokes and stunts in it then I know to be in a regular episode of The Simpsons. I saw it for the second time last night and was able to judge it as a story and still think it held up pretty well.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

That's surprising. I thought the movie had even more jokes and stunts in it then I know to be in a regular episode of The Simpsons. I saw it for the second time last night and was able to judge it as a story and still think it held up pretty well.

maybe I should go and see it again

i think i might see it again just for that chilling hans zimmer version of spiderpig. i think i could listen to that all day, is that weird? last night my friend wanted me to go see the harry potter movie with him and i thought there was only 3 movies made and it turns out there were 5. and i've only seen one which was the very 1st one. needless to say i didn't know what the hell was going on and wished i spent my $10.50 on seeing the simpsons movie again or at least hot fuzz.

part of the joy of watching the simpsons for me is that i am really good at IDing guest voices, shit is like watching jeopardy for me. albert brooks, what!!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

i think i might see it again just for that chilling hans zimmer version of spiderpig. i think i could listen to that all day, is that weird? l

NOW THAT PART...made me spit out my water! That was so strange and funny! And no it's not weird, it's corky and not usual, which I like.

And yes, the pig relationship was pretty awesome and random!!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

-spiderpig

Imma see this just for the spiderpig.

nah, i'm talking about that symphonic version with the choir where hans zimmer is imitating alf clausen imitating danny elfman. although i do like the 'minimal' version as well. ha

i really thought this movie was funny and it made me sentimental. i gave up beer starting this last week and my last beers were at the simpsons movie where my ex roommate snuck in beer for us and it felt like old times in the living room. i couldn't think of a better last beer which was taking familiar couch potato habits to the next level. the animation in the movie was surreal too. it had a lot more depth and bravura which i guess should be the case when it's on the big screen even though it's totally tongue-in-cheek and amusing. and i am one of those folk that believe they had no reserves of funny left.

anyway watching this made me wish i still smoked so it served its purpose because smoking during the simpsons was as routine as getting up everyday in the morning and brushing my teeth. i haven't laughed so hard and had this much fun at the movies since there's something about mary especially when cmaeron diaz said "i'm a 49ers fan" and the crowd got so loud. eveyone was so into the simpsons flick and cracked up at all the jokes, even the subtle ones which i think are sometimes the most brilliant ones. i know crowds can affect your opinion on things but i'll just say that i was the only person not laughing when i saw little ms sunshine for scale and context

Does anybody remember what happened to Harry Plopper? I tried to keep track of the last time I saw him, but it slipped my mind by the end.

Or when was the last time we see him?

Sitting on the couch about to share a passionate kiss with Homer?

Close to the family as the dome is closing?

Huh.

• FmGTFmGT 13 Posts
    They definitely outdid themselves and beat the hype, thanks to bringing back early season writers like James L. Brooks and Ian Maxtone-Graham

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I was bummed out by it. Thought is sort of blew. I just thought it was really dumbed down for the movie going public - which was surpising because the show's so successful as is. I mean there were definitely funny parts, but for the most part......

• it was much much funnier than i expected it to be.

-spiderpig

go Cee it!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I thought it was hilarious. The movie didn't change my life or anything but I was solidly entertained for 80 minutes or so. I'm a long time obsessive Simpsons fan, since the Tracy Ullman days, but I didn't feel that this movie owed me something for my years of devotion. It was really lean and mean, I actually thought that this movie was almost too tight, I'm pretty sure that there will be lots of deleted scenes when the DVD comes out.

My wife has been singing spider pig ever since we saw it.

4 out of 5 stars.[/b]

• 2 out of 5 stars. It's just like the new episodes. The old stuff was WAY better. I don't like the 3D effect and the new style. The colors turned out to be OK though. I was a bit worried about the neon flavored previews. LOL.
    The story was one of the worst in the history of the Simpsons. 4 years for a short movie like that?
    The Schwarzenegger dialect was totally wrong and even his German sucked. The pig wasn't funny. There was no sarcasm in the movie. Just some slapstick. I can't stand that about the new Simpsons. I want the sarcasm back....

I'm still a huge fan of the old seasons. But honestly, I'm turning into a Family Guy fan. Better than the new Sipsons. Better slapstick...

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Late pass bump as finally saw this over the weekend. There's no way the movie could have lived up to the hype really, it's been so long in the making, but did enjoy it and it did make me laugh out loud a number of times which is all I require a comedy movie to do at the end of the day.

Maybe it was due to my brain suffering from a heavy night previously but it did feel like there were a number of stories that started and never really went anywhere - I loved Spiderpig but it sort of vanished halfway through and couldn't really understand the point of Lisa's romance storyline.

Would have liked to see more of the supporting cast as well but generally was left feeling amused and satisfied which is good enough for me.