Wax Poetics

13»

Comments

• I have no idea what the National Geo photo is supposed to mean.
    It followed a quote of my entire post, so I have to assume it is
    directed towards me. I don't even know if it's a joke, a dis, a
    co-sign, a point ... ?

I bet Bear Grylls don't read no Nat Geo

You heard the story about Bear Grylls' show being something of a set-up?

I mean, if ever a story was screaming for a headline like "BEAR DOESN'T SHIT IN THE WOODS", then that was it.

[Threadjack, but hey these WaxPo discussions are all the same]

It's a TV show that has to fit into a format around 3 ad breaks, and a climax in the last 10 minutes and then a glimpse of civilization - of course it's artificial.

However, last night I killed/finished off a mouse that my cat had reduced to a twitching mess using skills learned from the Bear. I stuck it in a bag and swung it against the wall 4 times.

• thats kinda grizzly

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I have no idea what the National Geo photo is supposed to mean.
    It followed a quote of my entire post, so I have to assume it is
    directed towards me. I don't even know if it's a joke, a dis, a
    co-sign, a point ... ?

I bet Bear Grylls don't read no Nat Geo

You heard the story about Bear Grylls' show being something of a set-up?

I mean, if ever a story was screaming for a headline like "BEAR DOESN'T SHIT IN THE WOODS", then that was it.

[Threadjack, but hey these WaxPo discussions are all the same]

It's a TV show that has to fit into a format around 3 ad breaks, and a climax in the last 10 minutes and then a glimpse of civilization - of course it's artificial.

Yeah, I realise that, but there's something of a scandal over here at the moment based on the shocking (to some) realisation that TV shows such as Born Survivor are in fact edited together from separate pieces of footage and are not actually shot in real time at all. The scandal seems to be based on the belief held by some people that this is somehow fraudulent, and that program makers who use these techniques are deceiving the viewers. I'd hate to think what's going to happen when they find out that Christopher Reeve isn't really flying in those Superman movies.

I just wanted an opportunity to use that "BEAR DOESN'T SHIT IN THE WOODS" joke, that's all.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Ban him

You and Dizzy loved this guy when he first came here. E tu, Brute?

But I co-sign on the ban.

@SuperPoaster/bizness:
    The tedious caps-lock ranting is one thing, but I don't like opening every random thread just to see some nutless rug rat talk about punching bassie in the ovaries or calling elise a bitch (even if her IM LOLzer posting style is fluff). Learn some manners, kiddo. I know you're probably reading fatback vs. saba or noz goes bazerk, and you want to copy that because you think it's "hella funny", "clon" or whatever, but it's not. Your "edgy" posting style is a bummer. Everybody trying to be AP up in here. Please go away.

He had so much promise. But like a young Anakin Skywalker, he was swayed and eventually consumed by the darkside of the Strut.

O-Dizz-One and I tried to nurture him, but it just wasn't his time...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    tis thread was one of my least favorite multi-page reads of all time

that superpoaster fuck is looking like he has some serious psycholoogical issues.

Dude needs a hug from mommy before he flips out and starts beating women

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    tis thread was one of my least favorite multi-page reads of all time

that superpoaster fuck is looking like he has some serious psycholoogical issues.

Dude needs a hug from mommy before he flips out and starts beating women

I think you may be giving someone's internet pastime/alias a bit too much credit. Dude is a retard with too much time on his hands.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

HEY GUYS IM ELISE, IM BLONDE AND STUPID AND HAVE A FLAT CHEST LOLOLO!O!!OO!!!!! HEY LETS TALK ABOUT STUPID SHIT LIKE RAW DURAN DURAN BREAKS AND COMBING OUR HAIR. LETS COMB OUR HAIR GUYS IM ELISE IM SUPER AWESOME AND INDIE CUZ I DJ SHIT OFF ED BANGER RECORDS AND LISTEN TO STEVEIE WONDER LOL DID I MENTION IM ELISE AND IM BLONDE, AND BY BLONDE I MEAN STUPID AND BY STUPID MEANS I AM AN ALIEN WHO HAS NO TASTE FROM PLANET BAD DISCO RAP

I don't like opening every random thread just to see some nutless rug rat talk about punching bassie in the ovaries or calling elise a bitch (even if her IM LOLzer posting style is fluff). Learn some manners, kiddo.[/b]

Yes.

For the record, I ws PMed an apology. I hope Elise will be getting one shortly as well.

• Yeah, how one thread on wax po ends up with 'faggot,' and 'bitch,' tossed around really boggles the mind...

then again...

glad to hear people are coming to their senses. Maturity and Admitting when wrong or out of line?

A VERY GOOD LOOK.

Not that I always follow that advice, mind you...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

glad to hear people are coming to their senses. Maturity and Admitting when wrong or out of line?

A VERY GOOD LOOK.

Dude, it was a PM and that's a trademark soulstrut batchmove: talk slick in public then PM an apology. It's one reason why I didn't accept PMs at all for a long time.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

A VERY GOOD LOOK.

Dude, it was a PM and that's a trademark soulstrut batchmove: talk slick in public then PM an apology.

If the BS continues, then yea, I feel the apology doesn't mean shit.

• glad to hear people are coming to their senses. Maturity and Admitting when wrong or out of line?

A VERY GOOD LOOK.

Dude, it was a PM and that's a trademark soulstrut batchmove: talk slick in public then PM an apology. It's one reason why I didn't accept PMs at all for a long time.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    SOFT BATCH IN THE FLESH! COUDN'T EXCEPT A SONNING SO HE DECIDED TO PLAY DUMB!
    KKUNT WHO-RE!

• glad to hear people are coming to their senses. Maturity and Admitting when wrong or out of line?

A VERY GOOD LOOK.

Dude, it was a PM and that's a trademark soulstrut batchmove: talk slick in public then PM an apology.

agreed...but, let a young man believe that someone can actually learn to 'slow one's roll.'

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

A VERY GOOD LOOK.

agreed...but, let a young man believe that someone can actually learn to 'slow one's roll.'

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Sup everyone?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    i buy every issue of Waxpoetics and I think it's probably the best music mag you will find in places like Borders and shit, BUT i do have a couple major gripes:

1.) They seem to ask every single fucking person they interview what they think about sampling (zzzzz).

2.) It seems like with each subsequent issue, more and more features are devoted to some artist that OH WHAT A COINCIDENCE just happens to have had their back catalog recently reissued, or something similar. I understand this is probably part of the magazine game, but it just makes me sad to know content decisions aren't being made on the basis of artistic merit.

I think that's all.

Like most magazines, the advertising and editorial departments are a little too cozy.

I'll agree with that x 10.

It does not matter who is paying the bills, advertising, product promotion and editorial decisions should all be separate.

This seems even more true for a mag like Waxpo which takes itself and music and records so seriously.

On the plus they have resisted doing fashion layouts which dominate almost every other music magazine.

On the down side they have writers (often very good ones) who are involved in reissues submitting stories (often very good ones) on the artist they have just reissued.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    A lot of you should appreciate the fact that you have access to Wax Poetics.
    The only way that I can buy this magazine is through the 'Net or drive 95 miles north.

• A lot of you should appreciate the fact that you have access to Wax Poetics.
    The only way that I can buy this magazine is through the 'Net or drive 95 miles north.

Can't you subscribe?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    A lot of you should appreciate Wax Poetics.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    A lot of you should appreciate the fact that you have access to Wax Poetics.

Can't you subscribe?
    Yes and I think I'll will next month.

• A lot of you should appreciate Wax Poetics.

I think we do...most who offered critiques also said that we love the magazine, and are thankful that it exists.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    A lot of you should appreciate Wax Poetics.

I think we do...most who offered critiques also said that we love the magazine, and are thankful that it exists.

I think it's great and I said so.

I don't think gripping about Herbie Mann or Gary McFarland is legit. Great underapreciated artists with very interesting careers and catalogs. So I don't go with the I'm too raer for Herbie gripe.

But the crit of their of the seperation of advertising and editorial is legit.

Subscription =