Danceable New Indie Rock

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
All My Friends LCD remixBut there is more.. I don't know any.. can you help?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    not as new as you may be looking for but that track "Hey Boy" from the Blow is

http://www.bbqchickenrobot.com/music/01-the_blow-hey_boy.mp3

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    the long blondes have some decent four to the floor tracks
    http://www.myspace.com/thelongblondes

i love fulwood babylon

"we want to introduce them to illicit russ meyer films"

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Does Justice count? With the way I see it they do - just put "electro" in front of your description. I mean all the same kids listen to it - assymetrical hair cut havin tight jean with nike dunk wearin lame ass all over print rockin we sweat the shit out of daft punk fessin steve aoki is a good dj thinkin i've been in ten cobrasnake pic yellin toolbots listen to all of it....

but yea Justice is addmittedly good.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Does Justice count? With the way I see it they do - just put "electro" in front of your description. I mean all the same kids listen to it - assymetrical hair cut havin tight jean with nike dunk wearin lame ass all over print rockin we sweat the shit out of daft punk fessin steve aoki is a good dj thinkin i've been in ten cobrasnake pic yellin toolbots listen to all of it....

as long as u make fun of their fans first

as long as u make fun of their fans first

Oh ok good - because I made fun of some of their fans there.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    not new, but the good still:

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    The Faint - Desperate Guys knocks pretty hard for a indie rock track. I don't know that scene though.

• mallardmallard 452 Posts
    this is almost a year old but just now getting the attention it deserves...super respectable euro-tinged pop. pretty dancy/upbeat. the production is insane. the drums sound as good and full as any hip hop production ive ever heard

ps this album is really good

• mr.brettmr.brett 678 Posts
    not as new as you may be looking for but that track "Hey Boy" from the Blow is

http://www.bbqchickenrobot.com/music/01-the_blow-hey_boy.mp3

Man, i really like this. Thanks for posting a link.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Midnight Juggernauts
    The Black Ghosts
    Architecture In Helsinki
    The Rapture
    CSS

It's ALL about the remix though, every band has at least a couple really good, danceable remixes out there.

BLOGS.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    assymetrical hair cut havin tight jean with nike dunk wearin lame ass all over print rockin we sweat the shit out of daft punk fessin steve aoki is a good dj thinkin i've been in ten cobrasnake pic yellin toolbots listen to all of it....

HI! You sound really, really mad.

Bonde do Role is good, and very danceable, but a lot of stuff mentioned here falls in the Electro category. Check out the Kitsune Maison compilation (there??s like 5 or 6 of them now?).

Other than that:

DATAROCK
    Zongamin
    Death from Above 1979
    Elephant

And many more. But YES to blogs, lot??s of amazing remixes to be found out there.

- J

• HamHam 872 Posts
    YES to blogs, lot??s of amazing remixes to be found out there.

- J

care to give some examples?

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Shameless self promo, but -

PUSH

I think the track Danger Boys falls into this category, and perhaps Honey Doll aswell.

I cosign PBJ's Writers Block.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I???m a little skeptical about this "genre" in general. (Call me old school- but a lot of these groups don???t hold a candle to the Talking Heads, Gang of Four, PIL, Liquid Liquid, ESG, Joy Division, etc.) But I???m feeling this group Professor Murder.

http://www.myspace.com/pmurdermusic

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I caught Professor Murder at Pithfork Music Fest a few weeks ago. I liked them a lot -- nothing groundbreaking or anything, just dance-y tunes that turn out the par-tay.

Also saw Holy Fuck a few months back, opening for "!!!". Both of those bands were of a similar ilk... retreading (good) waters.

I like Simian Mobile Disco quite a bit. Pretty cool dudes too.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    I???m a little skeptical about this "genre" in general. (Call me old school- but a lot of these groups don???t hold a candle to the Talking Heads, Gang of Four, PIL, Liquid Liquid, ESG, Joy Division, etc.) But I???m feeling this group Professor Murder.

http://www.myspace.com/pmurdermusic

hex is one of the best electronic songs i've heard recently

architecture in helsinki has some great production and if you can get past the dude's wailing it may be for you. especially "debbie" off their new album
    deadly syndrome
    long blondes

I caught Professor Murder at Pithfork Music Fest a few weeks ago. I liked them a lot -- nothing groundbreaking or anything, just dance-y tunes that turn out the par-tay.

why can i not recall a "strutting at the 'fork" thread? i was right there at pmurder. so many missed opportunities....

why can i not recall a "strutting at the 'fork" thread? i was right there at pmurder. so many missed opportunities....

I was going to post some pics I got of GZA, Clipse and a few other acts but never got around to it.

What did you think of the festival?

I thought it was great -- the prices were fair, the acts were plenty and the bossoms bountiful.

• HeddyHeddy 131 Posts
    this is almost a year old but just now getting the attention it deserves...super respectable euro-tinged pop. pretty dancy/upbeat. the production is insane. the drums sound as good and full as any hip hop production ive ever heard

ps this album is really good

Argh!! What is with that "whistle song"?

I heard it three times in the same night at a party last week!

I was going to post some pics I got of GZA, Clipse and a few other acts but never got around to it.

I thought it was great -- the prices were fair, the acts were plenty and the bossoms bountiful.

no doubt great time. clipse, grizzly bear, and jamie lidell stick out most in my mind. my back tenses up if i stand still for long periods of time, so usually i'd catch the early acts and then spend the rest of the day playing basketball. yes, that was me getting in your way, spilling your girls drink, etc, etc.

oh and that whistle song is infectious. it's not the best song on the album, but it is certainly infectious.

no doubt great time. clipse, grizzly bear, and jamie lidell stick out most in my mind. my back tenses up if i stand still for long periods of time, so usually i'd catch the early acts and then spend the rest of the day playing basketball. yes, that was me getting in your way, spilling your girls drink, etc, etc.

oh and that whistle song is infectious. it's not the best song on the album, but it is certainly infectious.

Haha, I walked by the court and saw a bunch of dudes getting they panties bunched up, all like "This is a concert, not a basketball game." I had/have nothing against playing some hoops.

I went to Pitchfork Friday and Saturday, and skipped Sunday because I got lazy. I wish I would have skipped Saturday instead, although Clipse were great, so was Mastadon -- hadn't heard any decent metal in a while. Still, the lineup Sunday was probably the best.

I thought the Slints were great, for some mellow rock, though a poor choice to open a weekend festival. GZA was awesome, Sonic Youth was awesome. The format of playing an album in its entirety is great.

HI! You sound really, really mad.

- J

This machine kills hipsters.

more "danceable new indie rock" suggestions please

some of you crate-digging HHHs really surprised me on this one

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Sonic Youth was awesome. The format of playing an album in its entirety is great.
    They played Daydream Nation, right? Plaese to inform if a bootleg pops up on your radar!

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    !!! has got some heaters. Teddybears do too. Rapture. Damn there's so much right now, just listen to the radio. Upbeat rock/electro has been almost running the clubs for over a year now in LA.

Sonic Youth was awesome. The format of playing an album in its entirety is great.
    They played Daydream Nation, right? Plaese to inform if a bootleg pops up on your radar!

Yup. I haven't seen any recordings, though I haven't been looking. I'll be sure to post it up if I come by a copy.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    my whitebelts playlist is swoll:

new young pony club
    metric
    the black ghosts
    elastica
    Klaxons
    IN Flagranti
    The Presets
    The Knife
    The Whip
    lacquer

all this "indy" dance shit is basically electronic music now. rock is DEAD.

• rock is DEAD.

Nope.

• Yeah I like this thread. Some of the stuff is good for what it is but damn, I heard some ed banger comp (#2?) and that shit was super fucking weak (and I was in Paris of all places).

Was that compilation supposed to be a effort to showcase the talent on the label or just filler shit thrown together to make some dough, get some nice placement, and beef-up soundscan numbers?