PAUL ANKA

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited August 2007 in Strut Central
Have y'all found anything worth listening to by this specimen on vinyl?Reminds me of a '70s version of Neil Diamond?yeah that just happened.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I just voted for that fine specimen to be on TRL.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Having My Baby

Having my baby
    What a lovely way of saying how much you love me
    Having my baby
    What a lovely way of saying what you're thinkin' of me
    I can see it, your face is glowing
    I can see it in your eyes
    I'm happy in knowin'
    That you're having my baby

You're the woman I love
    And I love what it's doin' to you
    Having my baby
    You're a woman in love
    And I love what's goin' thru you
    The need inside you
    I see it showin'
    Oh, the seed inside you baby
    Do you feel it growin'
    Are you happy knowin'
    That you're having my baby

Girl: ("I'm a woman in love and I love what it's doin' to me")
    Having my baby
    Girl: ("I'm a woman in love and I love what's goin' thru me")
    Didn't have to keep it
    Couldn't put you thru it
    You could have swept it from your life
    But you wouldn't do it
    No you wouldn't do it
    And you're having my baby
    Girl: ("I'm a woman in love and I love what it's doin' to me")
    Having my baby
    Girl: ("I'm a woman in love and I love what's goin' thru me")
    Having my baby

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    He's from Ottawa.

Not that it helps you, but I just wanted to share.

h

• He has a decent Northern Soul 45 on RCA called "I can't stop loving you" - FYI

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Reminds me of a '70s version of Neil Diamond?

You don't need a '70s version of Neil Diamond when Neil Diamond himself was still having hits. (Anka was around way earlier, anyway...)

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

You don't need a '70s version of Neil Diamond when Neil Diamond himself was still having hits. (Anka was around way earlier, anyway...)
    i really don't know much of anything about this dude except i see his records fairly often and his name has similar structure to Paula deAnda's... so i tried to structure my post as similar to Raj's as a "joke" (a weak one, but i was also interested in finding if dude had anything worthwhile). fuddy duddy

i really don't know much of anything about this dude except i see his records fairly often and his name has similar structure to Paula deAnda's... so i tried to structure my post as similar to Raj's as a "joke" (a weak one, but i was also interested in finding if dude had anything worthwhile). fuddy duddy

Well, he had a rare reggae album on Flying Dutchman that had a Bernard Purdie breakbeat and a Gil Scott-Heron poem...plus he produced a collectible yacht-rock album by Dirty John's Hot Dog Stand that heads are still checkin' for...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Dude is cool.

He wrote my way for Frank, has the voice of someone 40 years his junior and can stillrock a crowd albeit vegas style, but rockin nonetheless.

and his permatan is unparalleled

I ride for Paul Anka.

• I have this one whitelabel 12" called Djazz with some nirvana and oasis covers sung in lounge that he did with moondoggie. shit is hot.

• the documentary "lonely boy" about his early success is pretty great. he also wrote the old tonight show theme..

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,896 Posts
    Check this. The songs that work, really work.

Smells Like Teen Spirit is the standout for me.

ON THE REAL SIDE: he's singing backup on one of the songs on Stevie Wonder's Fulfillingness' First Finale (seriously, no relation to the joke post I wrote)

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I don't really check for his music, but I saw this insane movie
    from 1959 recently, "Girls Town" and he stars in it - along with a
    completely twisted cast including Mel Torme (as a sleazy hot rod gangleader!!)
    Mamie Van Doren, and a whole boatload of famous actor's children, like Robert Mitchum's son, Bing Crosy's daughter, Harold Lloyd Jr and Charles Chaplin Jr.

It has this very disturbing rape scene (rape in 1959 B&W seems extra weird), and Paul Anka and Mel Torme have the funniest fight scene this side of "They Live"

MST3K have an episode with it, as well -but it stands up on it's own as 50's hot trash.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I don't really check for his music, but I saw this insane movie
    from 1959 recently, "Girls Town" and he stars in it - along with a
    completely twisted cast including Mel Torme (as a sleazy hot rod gangleader!!)
    Mamie Van Doren, and a whole boatload of famous actor's children, like Robert Mitchum's son, Bing Crosy's daughter, Harold Lloyd Jr and Charles Chaplin Jr.

It has this very disturbing rape scene (rape in 1959 B&W seems extra weird), and Paul Anka and Mel Torme have the funniest fight scene this side of "They Live"

MST3K have an episode with it, as well -but it stands up on it's own as 50's hot trash.

I was just going to mention Girls' Town. The Platters were in that movie, too.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

youre welcome

• Not Paul Anka but a cover of one of his song I believe.

I play this track out once in a while, the crowd go for it even though its in Japanese.
    :