Let's get another REMIX thred poppin

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
straight thuggasaur:

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    rugged. Nice work as always.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Tom, I dig the percussion on that one. Timbale & Bullshit! The reconstructed Liks hook is nice, too. One thing, though: I'd love to hear you cut in "Biggie" in the 2nd verse when he says, "who got your back?/who got the gat? BIGGIE!"

I posted this in the dead remix thread two weeks ago, but to no avail.

It's the Gorilla Zoe "Hood N*99a" joint over the new Collie Buddz "Blind To You" (which you can get here 'cause it's really hot:

Gorilla Zoe - Hood to You (Ross Hogg Remix)

BTW: Every time this Gorilla Zoe comes on the radio, my wife says, "Is this Richie Rich? Oh, it's that new guy."

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Here's something I did for no real reason last night. Not a remix but a half ass remake of The People.

Tom I got your CRAZYASSEMAIL and I will holler.

• Very dope!

This is an LA4 Sundancers reedit/remix i did along time ago.

i will eventually press this up with bonus beats, etc...

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Not sure if it's finished but here it is anyway.

http://www.tazacacao.com/musica/remix/nastaytest.mp3

Thanks for listening.

• someone approached me about putting out the "Get Ready For The Young Folks" blend I did. It will be released as a 7 inch and limited to 500 copies. it's going to go off to press within the next week. Here is the b-side I made for it. I kind of got the idea because the a-side is "Get Ready" and then when I was trying to come up with something I thought "I should use Kano's I'm Ready."

I'm Ready To Shake

it's just a 192 mp3 for now, so hopefully people will pick up the 7 inch when it comes out.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Bounty Killer - Cellular Phone (ZEN2 remix)

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    Here's an edit I did of Kool & the Gang "Mighty Mighty High", tacky funk in full effect:

• I wasn't feeling 50 Cent's "I Get Money" beat, so I put this together so it'd be more fun to play out.

"I Get Money (Catchdubs Top Billin Mix)"

People have been into it - it's getting pressed up on one of those Ear 2 Da Streetz compilation 12"s. Catalogue #220

• heres a lil somethin i did a while back...been meaning to add sound effect/ drops but have yet to do so....

Supersonic World

• Here is the b-side I made for it. I kind of got the idea because the a-side is "Get Ready" and then when I was trying to come up with something I thought "I should use Kano's I'm Ready."

I'm Ready To Shake

it's just a 192 mp3 for now, so hopefully people will pick up the 7 inch when it comes out.

nice job homie - do like the Kano !!

holleur when the 7 drops

• I wasn't feeling 50 Cent's "I Get Money" beat, so I put this together so it'd be more fun to play out.

nicely done.

i kinda like the 50 beat though. to incorporate both songs i've been doing this:

- start with top billin

- make cue points so when the phrase "i get money, money i got" starts, it keeps looping. the end point isn't gonna be completely clean, but it works.

- as audio 2 is looping, cut back and forth with 50, then let it play

its obviously very simple, but it gives u a chance to play top billing to a weak crowd without hearing .

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Let off the Horns

• Here is a impromptu remix of Gucci Mane's Freaky Girl. I am still new to these types of remixes.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/ZUczRE9tSys1R00wTVE9PQ

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I wasn't feeling 50 Cent's "I Get Money" beat, so I put this together so it'd be more fun to play out.

nicely done.

i kinda like the 50 beat though. to incorporate both songs i've been doing this:

- start with top billin

- make cue points so when the phrase "i get money, money i got" starts, it keeps looping. the end point isn't gonna be completely clean, but it works.

- as audio 2 is looping, cut back and forth with 50, then let it play

its obviously very simple, but it gives u a chance to play top billing to a weak crowd without hearing .

HOW MUCH DO I OWE YOU?!

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Not mine but there is dope little remix thread up on our blog done by the homey Eddie Def Eddie Def

• feelin a lot of these.

here's one I wouldn't normally have picked the acapella for, but it could mean paper. slennnng tennnng.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    this isnt on the level of any of yours but i figured i might as well post something in here that could be useful. This is keak da sneak "thats my word" acapella over rappin 4 tay playaz club. Did it live so its not perfect. gives the keak a little ol school flava

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    feelin a lot of these.

here's one I wouldn't normally have picked the acapella for, but it could mean paper. slennnng tennnng.

That beat is crazy.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    straight thuggasaur:

Feelin' this.

• Aretha Franklin remix, did this in 2002 when I first started remixing :P
    Mixed it with one speaker and fucked up. I think I forgot to re-ad the bass

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Some random stuff.

- Antena???s ???To Climb the Cliff??? (Emynd Edit): DOWNLOAD[/b]

Antena is like Os Mutantes if they were French and did records in the 80s/90s. I added a Kynard break and it knocks now.

- Modest Mouse & Young Gunz ???Friday Night (Emynd???s Float On Remix)???: DOWNLOAD[/b]

Hipster-hop heaven from like 3 years ago.

- Sufjan Stevens ???They Are Night Zombies!??? vs J-Kwon ???Hood Hop??? (Emynd Blend): DOWNLOAD[/b]

An awesome Sufjan Stevens song with the "Hood Hop" drums on top.

- Project Pat ???Back Clap??? Instrumental w/ Jackson 5 ???Rockin??? Robin??? (Emynd Blend): DOWNLOAD[/b]

It's an old beat, but it's in key and it works.

- Bailey ???You See It??? w/ Vybz Kartel & Wayne Marshall ???New Millenium??? (Emynd Blend): DOWNLOAD[/b]

One of my favorite Bay beats from the last two years or so with a reggae acappella on top.

-e

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Posted this late in the last remix thread to

Promise I wont post it again....

• Modest Mouse & Young Gunz ???Friday Night (Emynd???s Float On Remix)???: DOWNLOAD[/b]

Hipster-hop heaven from like 3 years ago.

Ha! I like this one. I bet that acapella would sound good over lots of things (I've always loved that song).

Not that anyone here checks for new dancehall, but I made this last night. It's over the Tremor Riddim, the one from Sean Paul's "Watch Dem Roll" (among others):

zShare: Huey, Bow Wow and T-Pain - Pop Lock and Tremor (Ross Hogg Remix)

• I haven't remixed shit in a long time.

You know what would be cool?

Somebody should post up some random ass accapella (with original too, for reference) and then we should all fuck with it and see what we come up with. and try to make it as different from the original as possible. southernrap/hyphy/oldschoo/booty... whatever... I wants an accapella.

Who's down?

and who's got an accapella?

• nice.. will check everyone else's when i get home...

Here is a cheeky little Rasco remix i did on the fly...

• Who's down?

and who's got an accapella?

hell yeah. I'm game. just copped one of those Motown acapella 12"s. I could put up one of those later... like tomorrow. anything to keep me busy.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Here's something I did for no real reason last night. Not a remix but a half ass remake of The People.

this is on repeat in my house. thx Day, real nice.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

this is on repeat in my house. thx Day, real nice.

• downtown samba re-edit....