Vancouver what's popping? (Aug 8th - 12th)

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I'm going to be there for a cousin's wedding but I'll still have some time for whatever. Anything cool going down?

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    bump

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    2 Live Crew! August 8th

I'm away that weekend so I don't really know what else is happening, but check this site...

http://www.straight.com/

It has event listings and such. Hopefully the good weather holds up for your trip, it's beautiful right now.

PS...too bad you'll miss the "Celebration Of Fire" (fireworks), it's been really good this year.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah, i heard about 2 live crew on the other board. ima definitely try to make it to that

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    *bump*
    i may be going for a family trip late august. is there anything else to do, sights? places to eat? tourist destinations?

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    i just got back from a family vacation out in vancouver(stayed in downtown off robson/homer) also got to check out whistler and victoria as well. I have to say its a very nice area. lots of freaking trees and the water/air seem that much fresher than anywhere ive been. but what causes me some concern is that area next to gastown/chinatown where all the homeless/drug addicts live!

seriously that shit was like HAMSTERDAM straight out of the wire! very disturbing as it seemed that they all congregated amongst a few streets in a definite area. we were walking towards gastown and all of a sudden it got scary! i will say i was shook and damn near ran to get the f*ck outta that area.

can those in vancouver impart some knowledge on that?