Put some strutters on positive blast

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Some strutters that I have nothing but good stuff to say about:
    Jinx - for keeping me informed on my 45 purchases & being the first person to take time out to school me on the ways of SoulStrut.
    Lucero - For the night in Melbourne, the day in Auckland & hipping me to the best things to do in London/Paris thanks bro.
    Ilmod1 & Flomotion - For the London stuff, it was fun.
    Bapt - For that whirlwind day in Paris, so many shops, so little time, nice kebabs infront of that church though bro.
    Probably a couple of other peeps I am forgetting too.
    Thanks

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Tripledouble & Secret Chimp & Supreme & JakeOne: I've been knowing those guy since before there was even an internet. Shout if I knew you before Crates.

Asprin: You all know the deal.

Herm: The best thing about Tucson.

Bellcity: What Dizzy said.

Vitamin: Took me digging in DC. Brought the knowledge for those wanting to understand the other side.

Legend: Hope you are doing well.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Big ups to m_dejean for spotting all that samples

Props to G*zzo for helping me out with that exercise program

Gloom and Imperial Mao for providing me with mixes that I desperately needed

C*smo for upping that pliers track I missed for so many years...

bonus beats: fej_melba and that grumpely Grope for the record info

y'all rule, plus all the others, too many to mention

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Spelunk is THAT DUDE. Homie is far beyond his young age in knowledge and maturity. Thanks so much for having me on your show... sorry I was coughing up such a storm during the interview

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    As far as Strutters I??ve met in the real world go:

Grope aka Honkeyfipple: Excellent dude, thanks for letting me hang in your house, giving me the crazy mixtapes and being an all round nice dude when I came through Germany (twice).

M_dejean: for being a super-extra chilled dude, with NICE records. Man, I wanted to get in touch with you after Roskilde this year, but people were like "let??s go". One day, I??ll be back though, CPH is too nice to stay away from.

Delay: I still play my autographed copy of Medium:rare from time to time, very nice. Hope you??re still not mad about the cockblocking incident

- J

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Birdman, NItekrawler, Noz, Secret Chimp, Holiday, Knewjack - the true DC heads who I run into at 3AM at the bar then again at 6AM digging. I dread it when they get to a crate before me but better them than some lurker.

Fatback - DJed his wedding. Don't let his online persona fool you, he's a pussy (cat).

Soulmarcossa - A true Southern gentleman even if he doesn't eat barbecue

Danno3000 - who proves that Canadians make great house guests

Johnny Paycheck - who proves that New Yorkers make great house guests

MoogMan - the nicest guy in Brazil. if you ever need to catch a bus in Sao Paulo ask this guy.

Countless other strutters who've come into my shop over the years (Delay, Coffin Joe, Sampo, Young Einstein, Aspirin, Vitamin, D-Mac, and more) - thanks. keep supporting your local record stores.

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
    ITIVE BLAST ON ALL MY NYC BOYFRIENDS

Heh-heh - nicely done.
    I know you don't know me from Adam, but you've taken some medium-rare beef in the last 48 hours or so on the chin without losing your composure or taking off the gloves. Maybe lay off the CAPS, homie? They come like your friend. . .
    Also, thanks for the "Massive Material" rips on the blog and all the other work-done-put-in.

That goes to the site as an entity - people come and go but the momentum and energy keep it moving. I am nobody in particular a/k/a the guy you don't pay attention to in the bar making moves and such a/k/a "schooled by older ones" and grateful for ALL the Knowledge. If I have anything positive to contribute to people's days via this here Innerweb, then it may as well be here.

Also, happy bornday: Jim Beam!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i like hcrink's dog with the moustache avatar

i consistently like soulonice's posts and when i read them i hear them in a humphrey bogart or edward g robinson voice sometimes and laugh and expect him to be wearing a fedora if i ever meet him

i like exchanging funny anecdotes with sween, haz, jp, faux, rapedonkeys on the pm regularly and i hope to hang out with 4/5 in sept when i go to ny

i like it when day introduces/drops some weird animal science like the HYRAX

i like getting my drunk bingo night on with cas

i like drunk dialing/texting soulmarcosa to blab about crushes and comedy and also share the same level of dislike for ray manzarek

i miss dcastillo's contributions and want more mixes

i also wish zvi and birdman would post more these days

i love theecasualmale's sense of humor and recently wondered why he does not do any comedy writing or stand up

i like both noz and parsec. so there.

i like serg's abusive but funny text messages when i don't man up and go out

i like that stef is learning the drums too and can talk learning drums and whatnot

i would like djanna to move back sooner cause it's been a loooong time, at least it seems

i always enjoy running into hoggy, mongo_slade, joshfulrotation, young phon, morse, diane, stef and am fiending for another epic night of karaoke in j-town

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I know you don't know me from Adam, but you've taken some medium-rare beef in the last 48 hours or so on the chin without losing your composure or taking off the gloves.

this one is too easy.

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
    I know you don't know me from Adam, but you've taken some medium-rare beef in the last 48 hours or so on the chin without losing your composure or taking off the gloves.

this one is too easy.

It was fun to write, too.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I no real order. but all in all, just some of the coolest cats I have come to know,traded with and all in all, just excellent folks all around!!

Karlophone
    Haze25
    Dj Sheep
    Re born
    Maru
    Breakself
    REMODE(where are you?!?!?)
    Natebizzo
    Canonical
    Tripledouble
    Yuichi
    Hiptone
    Holiday
    Wyzeways
    Aleit
    Young Einstein

And all my south bay & north-east bay people!

Jinx74
    Cool Chris
    Peaceful Rotation
    Plkbyrn
    Dextah(where are you?!?!?)
    Tick Tickler
    Downtown72
    Johnny Paycheck
    Spanky Illson
    Chas
    Controler 7
    One Soul
    Young Phonics
    DJ Ferrari
    Kid Inquisitive

and

Raj

Also,anyone else I forgot..Sorry:)

Peace and much respect:
    Adrian

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Lucero - For the night in Melbourne, the day in Auckland
    Bapt - For that whirlwind day in Paris

Romance is in the air!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Tripledouble & Secret Chimp & Supreme & JakeOne: I've been knowing those guy since before there was even an internet. Shout if I knew you before Crates.
    YO!!!! super positiveblast for my man dan who has been running a classy business with integrity for decades and has rain water barrels in his yard eats free range turkey and teaches kids to read! wish i could see this guy more often.

Herm: The best thing about Tucson.
    im not disagreeing, but the absolute drunk who owns Mad HAtter is pretty damn entertaining.

Legend: Hope you are doing well.
    ubercosine

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    to all the folks who put up w/ me and even some of the ones who don't

maybe some day i'll meet some of u IRLLLLLL

actually i did meet trew once, v briefly.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

Romance is in the air!

this is such a love in!!!!

but

• Ha! SOI - your imagination runneth wild, keep it up!

I got some postive blast for ..

Kicks79 - holding it down in Sydney & always mos friendly

Kris Holmes - I've seen his collection, and yep, he is trying to get every record that was ever ever released

Magroman - low profile up here, but holding it down in the real world

B.Cause - dudes so nice he throws in extra's on the mailorder tip

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    I dedicate this to three dudes who don't hang out here much anymore but who I ALWAYS have a good time with:

Les Nessman
    Buscrates 79
    Olden Style Hats

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    DJ Sheep - For being a good friend, and calls me up at 6:30AM this morning and thought it was 6:30PM!

Sno - For being a good friend also.

Davesrecords - Cool dude. And thanks for all the ill trades also!

Aser - Great meeting you! Come back soon homie!

Grandpa Shig - Miss all those wonderful Food Threads!

Raj - For this wonderful place

Big Chan - A man with class, true definition of a baller.

Kinetic - Cheers for all the ill records mate!

Downbeat - Great to be in contact with you again! Take care!

snicka_g - Another Soulstrut brethren out here in HKG, very cool dude!

fuck it

EVERYBODY ON SOULSTRUT DESERVES A BIG-UP! KUDOS TO ALL!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I had to get in on this, too.

Bassie for showing me round T.O & the Mtl Reggae fest.

Danno for Dollar Cinema, Indian Food, & chillness.

Delay, who seems to roll through Mtl once a year, & is good peoples.

Funkyflatuent, who is dude & will lace you with sic raer.

DOR for soulseek files, Oink invites, & KF movie info.

Magnetic for introducing me to demonoid & for KF & music blog links.

Rootless, who needs to come back to Montreal soon. Persians. That's all imma say.

Big Chan for convos on soulseek. He's a true mensch. We gotta kick it in the real world soon.

Aser for putting up with my AIM harrassment. I always bother that guy during "Hell's Kitchen".

AwwDamn for keeping secrets.

Phill Most for raer, civil engineering, & life skillz.

Asprin & Bam for the heatrocks.

RAJ for setting this up.

And there a zillion people who are worth shouting out who don't post here nearly as much as they used to, but who were always cool with me: Hogg, Shig, Dizzy, Josh B, Mordecai, Tony Triple D, AP, Sketch, Roisto & Sampo.

I wanna shout out Guz cause he's a MOT & he's cool. Ditto for JP. NOZ is good peoples & caps lock is a good look. Moark is cool. and I'll shout out elise. This ish reads like some high school yearbook thing. lol.

• I'm just gonna shout out Sketch and AKO real quick... I remember back in the day PMing you fools like crazy. shit was fun. I've played internet scrabble with Sketch. and yeah. I WON.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Asprin & Bam for the heatrocks.

Can't possibly this enough. Those dudes are mega for that.

Also gotta give a shout to Ferrari. That dude has been on the grind hard and is definitely coming up.

And I also need to give a big-time shout to Evil Roy Slade. He has been schooling me via various message boards for a good 10 years now and is one of the coolest, most knowledgeable, most down-to-earth, helpful guys I have had the pleasure of e-meeting/actually meeting.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    hcrink SHREDS.

Romance is in the air!
    Dammit, you read between the lines, how embarassing....

Kris Holmes - I've seen his collection, and yep, he is trying to get every record that was ever ever released

C'mon dude, I swear, I don't have a problem, I really don't think I have that many.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Sonic_Reducer
    ness
    Danno3000
    HAZ
    tripledouble

for being extra cool to me.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Thes[/b]- for sending me a copy of Stepfather. He said it was going to happen and I kind of thought he was going to forget but sure enough, 6 months or so later the day after the album sees release I get a package in the mail. Thanks again, man.

S.o.i.[/b]- for being a genuinely nice dude and finally putting something together for the severe NE people to congregate to. Not once, but like three times now!

RPM[/b]- for showing me around his locales record fair and meeting me out at a Mcee-Dees during a downpour flood of historic proportions.

Bambouche[/b]- for being my online travel agent. He's helped me out every time I've asked about points of interest before a trip. I'm talking photos, essays, the works. He is absolutely no joke when he posts.

General SS Populace[/b]- Outside of maybe one or two threads out of hundreds this place has always been informative when I've put my questions out there.

I know there are more but this is all I could muster after 1/2 a cup of coffee.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    some of my personal favourite strutters:

Nzshadow
    Faux_rillz
    Noz
    HarveyCanal
    DJ Prestige
    DocMcCoy
    Guzzo
    Odub
    Cosmo B
    Jaymack

and of course the general masses who make this place what it is.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    And I also need to give a big-time shout to Doc McCoy[/b]. He has been schooling me via various message boards for a good 10 years now and is one of the coolest, most knowledgeable, most down-to-earth, helpful guys I have had the pleasure of e-meeting/actually meeting.

(Sorry, dude--I used your alias from a different board the first time I posted this. D'oh!)

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    some of my personal favourite strutters:

Nzshadow
    Faux_rillz
    Noz
    HarveyCanal
    DJ Prestige
    DocMcCoy
    Guzzo
    Odub
    Cosmo B
    Jaymack

and of course the general masses who make this place what it is.

This is a very interesting grab bag...

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    ness

sup dude!