Chamillionaire - Evening News

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• not bad..id rather see a video single addressing real issues instead most of the shit on bet/mtv. I aint mad.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    You know I keep my ear to the streets, so it's up to me to bring you the truth.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I appreciate the sentiments expressed both in this and in "Hip-Hop Police"... which is why it's a shame that both records are unlistenable.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    I appreciate the sentiments expressed both in this and in "Hip-Hop Police"... which is why it's a shame that both records are unlistenable.

This song is completely unlistenable, I agree. And white newscaster chamillionaire is downright disturbing to look at.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Chamillitaryman.

This song is completely unlistenable, I agree. And white newscaster chamillionaire is downright disturbing to look at.

Chamillionaire is emerging as an almost Canibus-like figure in his inability to pick tracks.

Is there some issue with his production budget? Is he finding these schitts on MySpace?

Chamillionaire is emerging as an almost Canibus-like figure in his inability to pick tracks.

Is there some issue with his production budget? Is he finding these schitts on MySpace?

So you're dissing Cham by referencing CANIBUS???????

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

I don't know but I saw him on Pimp My Ride as the host the other day and he sucked at that too.

Faux, plaese to dig a little deeper within your psyche than merely citing "unlistenable" beats and identify why you think its so perpetually clever to hate on Cham at every turn.

Faux, plaese to dig a little deeper within your psyche than merely citing "unlistenable" beats and identify why you think its so perpetually clever to hate on Cham at every turn.

I think whatever theories you can offer on that subject would be far more interesting.

I actually really like Cham--which is why this sort of under-realization of his talent disappoints me.

Are you honestly going to try to defend these tracks? Scratch that--I know you are, because you care very little what music actually sounds like. My counter-challenge to you is for you to attempt to untangle yourself momentarily from your weirdo ideology and actually try to listen to these tracks as music.

I think whatever theories you can offer on that subject would be far more interesting.

I actually really like Cham--which is why this sort of under-realization of his talent disappoints me.

Are you honestly going to try to defend these tracks? Scratch that--I know you are, because you care very little what music actually sounds like. My counter-challenge to you is for you to attempt to untangle yourself momentarily from your weirdo ideology and actually try to listen to these tracks as music.

I don't care what music sounds like? That's news to me....and I wholly disagree.

Anyway, I don't think either Hip Hop Police nor Evening News are the greatest songs out there...by no means. But I appreciate them for what they are...Cham's attempt to bring lyrical content back into the mainstream rap fold and doing so in a playful rather than overbearing way. Plus he dusted the cobwebs off of Slick Rick, which is always commendable in my book.

I dunno, I just see it as very salty to use these songs as yet another opportunity to hate on Cham.

If I remember correctly, you hated on Cham by saying that Paul Wall bested him on Get Ya MInd Correct...which is just an utterly ridiculous contention all around. Hopefully, my memory is failing me and it wasn't you who said that after all.

But you did indeed hate on Ridin...which I still don't get.

You hated on Sound of Revenge, which in retrospect I admit could have offered something better in the beat department, but still...the album had enough lyrical/conceptual accomplishment all over it to at least avoid kneejerk reactions that ignore several positive aspects in favor of overemphasizing a single negative.

And here you are hating on his most recent material as well.

I think I can recall you saying you've appreciated the Mixtape Messiah series, but overall it seems like you have it out for Cham at large.

Personally, I think dude should be celebrated in just about every way...at least until he offers something up that truly possesses no merit whatsoever.

But really, I'm not prognosticating here. I'm asking...

If I remember correctly, you hated on Cham by saying that Paul Wall bested him on Get Ya MInd Correct...which is just an utterly ridiculous contention all around. Hopefully, my memory is failing me and it wasn't you who said that after all.

That was somebody else.

That was somebody else.

Whew...as much as we are so often at odds with each other, I respect your musical opinions way more than such a contention would warrant.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

That was somebody else.

Whew...as much as we are so often at odds with each other, I respect your musical opinions way more than such a contention would warrant.

I seem to recall Faux stating, on more than one occasion, that Paw Waw has fallen off as the direct result of Cham no longer ghostwritin' dirty for him.

That was somebody else.

I seem to recall Faux stating, on more than one occasion, that Paw Waw has fallen off as the direct result of Cham no longer ghostwritin' dirty for him.

What, y'all no likey Lil Keke's ghostwriting proficiency?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

That was somebody else.

I wouldn't waste all of this time on people that I don't on at least some level love to death.

In other words, (Some of) y'all complete me.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    What, y'all no likey Lil Keke's ghostwriting proficiency?

Wait, is DA DAWN writing for Paul, or simply allowing him to bite (PAUSE WAUSE)?

'Cause I've always thought PW sounded a whole helluva lot like Keke.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

HEAVY ROTATION[/b]