Terrible insects attacked you ever?

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
So, in light of the silverfish thread, the giant waterbug thread, and how to handle a wasp nest thread, and reading that sween fell from his perch after being attacked by hornets, does anyone have any nasty insect attack stories?I got bit on my forearm by a brown recluse once, but didn't know it. At first it looked like a mosquito bite and it was itchy. The next morning my entire left arm was swollen to about three times its size. I went to the ER, they said nothing was wrong. I went back because it got more swollen and they still said nothing was wrong. I went back a third time when I started getting red streaks (sure sign of blood poisoning) and they freaked out and threw me on emergency I.V. antibiotics.

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    that sucks. Never got really bitten or hurt by an insect, but i have these lame stories.

I once was throwing rocks at some trash, like busted ass tvs and assorted crap, when we were hiking and a black wasp came right out and stung me right in the eyelid. I had that shit hanging out my eye for like 2 hours hiking back to the car. Thank god my eye closed though or i would be looking like a pirate through high school.

Also went off a rope swing into a creak by my house back when i was a kid in jersey. Came out covered in leeches. Not really painful as disgusting. Those things are vial little fuckers. Had to burn a few off of me which was pretty grimey.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Gnarly. I also got stung in the eye by a wasp once. I was fourteen. I just started bawling immediately cause I was convinced I would go blind.

Once right after I had moved into this house I had to sleep int he closet cause my room was just filled with unarranged stuff. I woke up int he morning and thought I had pink eye cause my eye felt like it owuldn't open. I quick trip to the mirror revealed that the right half of my face was wollen up on some veruca salt shit. My eye could barely open. I go back to the closet where I was sleeping and discover fire ants all over my pillow. No fun. And it was the first day of a new semester. Ballin on some half japanese nonsense.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I stepped on a beehive once when I was a
    kid, and was swarmed and stung over 30 times.

My Mom always talks about how she saw me running
    down the street towards the house and she thought I
    was laughing until I got closer and she realized I was
    screaming, and could see the bees swarming all around me.

They had to fill a bathtub quick and throw me in it - I
    was only around 7 or 8 but I can remember most of it, like all the
    dead bees floating around me in the tub, and my Dad bringing
    me a pile of comic books and a chocolate frappe while I
    was recovering ...

• I stepped on a beehive once when I was a

was recovering ...

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    a longggg time ago

i had just gotten the purple tape and remember bumping "Ice Cream" in my walkman. it was in my pocket and i was riding down the street on my bike singing all like "want their titties sucked...." and i see tis lil black dot coming at me.

before i knew it a huge wasp was in my mouth stinging my upper lip

i stopped dropped my bike screaming and shit

had to go get a shot and wellll

moral of the story

dont rap while riding yer bike

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I stepped on a beehive once when I was a

was recovering ...

I had the same thing happen. I got fucked up too. We were living next to a farm and the farmer made me lay in a puddle of mud. It helped but I was still in a lot of pain.

• Yeah, at the Battle of Klendathu, but I don't really want to talk about it.