TSG records newyork discography RR help

obscure_addictobscure_addict 869 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I'm trying to complete my collection of TSG raer and I really don't have a complete listing of what this label released.I own the usual suspects Eric Dunbar, Ronnie Holly, The Topics, The Ultimates & Spice....The only one I am missing that I know about is The Corner Gang.Please fill in the blanks I know this label only had so many releases, but i've got no idea exactly how many. Any help will be greatly appreciated.I think billy joe spears/conway twitty had something on tsg.. I don't care about that kinda country lp.

Comments

• earthingsearthings 78 Posts
    1619 Bad Ass Band

• oooh forgot about that famous one, damn year of 1976.. only material i have of them is the 7inch on brown sugar and the second press on chess... so i'll still need that pricey one

Did TSG ever release any of these on 7inch?? or they just did full lp.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Post pictures and/or MP3 rips of each TSG album you own or you're soft.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    the second press on chess...

???

The two pressings of the 1619 bab LP are on Graham International and TSG, there's not one on Chess

• earthingsearthings 78 Posts
    There's a 45 on Chess. Promo only I think.

• the second press on chess...

???

The two pressings of the 1619 bab LP are on Graham International and TSG, there's not one on Chess

If you looked carefully at what I said... I only own the 7inch which was released orig on brown sugar & later licensed to chess... sorry JP I know your peepers are gettin old and all

bw natebizz

Hahha right do not worry yourself about my raer. I don't have to prove anything to anybody on the internet. First of all 3 of them are sealed MINT! and 4 of them are in one of my storage units. You need to hush son cause you don't even own SOUL WHAT IT IS! I mean you did not even notice someone else had it up for trades on the very same website you post at!!!

talk about soft requests...

• There's a 45 on Chess. Promo only I think.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is the one I have within an arms reach.
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

bw natebizz

Hahha right do not worry yourself about my raer. I don't have to prove anything to anybody on the internet. First of all 3 of them are sealed MINT! and 4 of them are in one of my storage units. You need to hush son cause you don't even own SOUL WHAT IT IS! I mean you did not even notice someone else had it up for trades on the very same website you post at!!!

Yo bro! Scrape that sand out your vagina.

Post of a picture of your TSG discog or break out the vagasil cuz it's getting dry in here.

You're claiming, and I want to see some pics. Simple.

Otherwise on like posturing.

And double yo, I got SOUL WHAT IS IT SON in a trade with AGE.

So as of last week my cipher is complete. I can now stop collecting records as I own every funk LP there is worth owning, minus that Marvin Peterson on Century, but I'm working on that.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i have 85% of the TSG catalog in my storage unit.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I don't have to prove anything to anybody on the internet. First of all 3 of them are sealed MINT! and 4 of them are in one of my storage units.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    First of all 3 of them are sealed MINTS!

• Lol wow you people are really asshurt over me owning these. Don't question or doubt me. Who do you people think you are Rick James?? Some crying babies on this board cause I own shit you drool for?? this aint kindergarden no rules about sharing.

Maybe ya'll wanna see my huge dick also so you know it's really 8inchs and i'm not lying?? Step off... I asked for a discography not to prove what records I own... and I do own them, but because I don't know the entire label's catalog.

You folks need to stop acting like you even know anything about me or my personal life.

To boot this website has no real structure and supports 85% of worthless threads that do not contain any musical substance or any informative information period.

It's so easy to make you cry.

• Who's crying??? I'm sitting here working on a project and checkin what you goons are saying. You must be talking about Nate.. i'm not worried about what I own.. you guys are. I don't play by your sillyass rules and post up pics & mp3s for records that i've got in a storage unit in another state and ooooooooohhhh shit i'm a liar and i'm soft.

How about everyone shuts up about what I own and start listing lps off this label or tell me I already know everything worthwhile from tsg.

...and you guys wonder why peeps like Tony Depula stop posting here...

...and you guys wonder why peeps like Tony Depula stop posting here...

Who was wondering??

Thats pretty funny considering 85% of Tony's posts were in the Classifieds.

All 52 of them.

and for the record I wasn't hating on you at all.

Just the other day someone was saying how you were one of the best new posters right??

Don't ruin it by taking shit too seriously.

Its all word association man.

Jokes.

• and for the record I wasn't hating on you at all.

Just the other day someone was saying how you were one of the best new posters right??

Don't ruin it by taking shit too seriously.

Its all word association man.

Jokes.

Was speaking at Natebizzo and whoever else wants to question me, but ruin it LOL!! talk about jokes as if I fiend for the approval of soulstrutters. A few of this sites seasoned vets have said that.. and.. simply cause i'm a semi nice guy and music is my life don't get it twisted, let's get this straight, I don't want to be some kind of best new poster.

I have been in the game for a long time and choose to post here specificly for a few of the "seasoned vets" who asked me to come. All i'm saying is natebizzo and anyone else who wants to question anything I say about myself needs to shut the fuk up...

Do you understand that? I hope so cause i aint no joke.. and I aint Buckshot, but I do got the britesmoke.. choke! it aint no joke.

If anyone posts anything else in this thread except TSG information than your soft and not in control of your posting abilities. Please refrain from bullshit comment after bullshit comment. The thread was fine til Natebizzo started the waterworks about me owning records.... like they only pressed 1 copy of each.

Thats not exactly wait I meant by "ruining" it.

Are you on your man period this week or something?

Whats going on ?

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=crates&Number=918330&page=0&fpart=2

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Didn't Lloyd Price have at least one release on this album? If memory serves it was called Music or something similar. If I remember will go and look for it - might even have it in digital format somewhere or other.

Btw, for someone who doesn't have anything to prove on the internet you sure seem eager to tell people about how much you earn and the size of your johnson. No hate, just an observation.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Hey can someone school a newjack here... How amazing are these TSG LPS ... they are obviously extremely sought after considering the prices they go for. Do they live up the hype? Better yet , Sound clips (mp3 hi-rez 320 VBR w/ all frequencies below 40hz filtered out)?

obscure addict : the ones you have that are sealed, have you heard them?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Hey can someone school a newjack here... How amazing are these TSG LPS ... they are obviously extremely sought after considering the prices they go for. Do they live up the hype? Better yet , Sound clips (mp3 hi-rez 320 VBR w/ all frequencies below 40hz filtered out)?

Give me a day or two and I'll see what I can do about posting some of them.

I have been in the game for a long time and choose to post here specificly for a few of the "seasoned vets" who asked me to come.

I really hate to expose myself as "soft" and "not in control
    of my posting abilities" like this, but could you please elaborate
    on this statement some more? I mean, I have to assume that this is
    related to the "mission" that you spoke of in earlier posts, and,
    well, just like some X-Files junkie or something, I can't wait for
    you to slowly leak more "clues" as the months go by, I need to know
    now ... WHAT IS YOUR ASSIGNMENT? WHO SENT YOU? DO WE GET SEALED TSG
    RAER IF WE CAN GUESS WHO YOUR "SPONSORS" ARE? WHO IS THE SMOKING MAN??

• groove70sgroove70s 168 Posts
    I'm trying to complete my collection of TSG raer and I really don't have a complete listing of what this label released.

I own the usual suspects Eric Dunbar, Ronnie Holly, The Topics, The Ultimates & Spice....

The only one I am missing that I know about is The Corner Gang.

Please fill in the blanks I know this label only had so many releases, but i've got no idea exactly how many. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I think billy joe spears/conway twitty had something on tsg.. I don't care about that kinda country lp.

Here are some more TSG LPs

Lloyd Price - Music Music (TSG 800)
    Richard Marrero - A Taste (TSG 805)
    Cynthia Schloss - Same (TSG 808)

and I'm not sure about
    Lloyd Price - Golden Dozen (TSG 804)

What's Ronnie Holly? Never heard about this one - labelno.?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I have been in the game for a long time and choose to post here specificly for a few of the "seasoned vets" who asked me to come.

I really hate to expose myself as "soft" and "not in control
    of my posting abilities" like this, but could you please elaborate
    on this statement some more? I mean, I have to assume that this is
    related to the "mission" that you spoke of in earlier posts, and,
    well, just like some X-Files junkie or something, I can't wait for
    you to slowly leak more "clues" as the months go by, I need to know
    now ... WHAT IS YOUR ASSIGNMENT? WHO SENT YOU? DO WE GET SEALED TSG
    RAER IF WE CAN GUESS WHO YOUR "SPONSORS" ARE? WHO IS THE SMOKING MAN??

I am no closer to unravelling the mystery than you, but further clues have, in fact, been sprinkled around the board like so much rabbit poop.

Specifically, clues relating to a "six figure" salary and a mansion in Connecticut.

I hesitate to say more for fear of obscure_addict again calling attention to my essential "fakeness".

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    clues relating to a "six figure" salary and a mansion in Connecticut.

...and earlier in this thread we learn that he has an above-average size penis.

I almost feel sorry for this guy - but jealous ones & haters are inevitable when you are as successful in life as he is.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Why can't people just answer the guy's question? He hasn't been rude to anyone,& posted up a ton of info & mp3's on the board. Maybe he didn't get Nate's joke, but he's semi new. Never read about a mansion or anything. I'd love to help, but I can't say I know all that much about TSG records. A google search turned up a couple dope sound clips tho. Hopefully someone will post up some music in this thread so we can sample more.

peace

h

Why can't people just answer the guy's question? He hasn't been rude to anyone,& posted up a ton of info & mp3's on the board. Maybe he didn't get Nate's joke, but he's semi new. Never read about a mansion or anything. I'd love to help, but I can't say I know all that much about TSG records. A google search turned up a couple dope sound clips tho. Hopefully someone will post up some music in this thread so we can sample more.

peace

h

obscure_addict apologist

I get the feeling that if George W Bush came on soulstrut posting up free mp3 raers half the board would like "way to go in Iraq George! that Attorney General of yours is doing a great job, those haters need to step off"

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

peace

h

obscure_addict apologist

I get the feeling that if George W Bush came on soulstrut posting up free mp3 raers half the board would like "way to go in Iraq George! that Attorney General of yours is doing a great job, those haters need to step off"

Don't presume to speak for me, pal.

you sound asshurt

peace

sh

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Like Noz, i also own the majority of the TSG catalogue over at my storage unit.

The only one i need is the extremely rare Enya proto-hip hop TSG release from '80. Most collectors are not even aware of the existence of this sweaty nugget.

IF ANYONE HAS THIS PLEASE CONTACT ME ON THE PM.
    JEALOUS HATERZ NEED TO STEP OFF!!!