jumped the shark (soul strut related)

2»

Comments

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    All this reminiscing makes me want to smoke a joint, drink a 40, and get laid.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    All this reminiscing makes me want to smoke a joint, drink a 40, and get laid.

you're so full of shit, herb.

do you even party?

• HamHam 872 Posts
    the first time i ever lurked here, i remember a thread comparing black & white black mans soul with the coloured cover. that must have been 03/04 some time. and also a "post your NOW mug" thread with photo of DizzyBull and his girlfriend and someone hade put "triple five soul" on there. and DizzyBulls conversations on SoulSeek.

• Marco's "Whats Happening" comic strip featuring the Iron Monkey, Raj, and Ms. shingaling...greatest thing EVAR...I WAS THERE!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Iw as here in 02-03, but I wasn't paying much attention--too busy sinking buckets of shit in an alligator laden lake. I remember my first post asking about stuff thaat is similar to King Crimson and just unleashing some furious sonnage on myself.

• Bring back the Noth battle video!

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    The one moment that blew my mind was when Guzzo ended up on Blind Date.

Remember that shit? That shit was classic. When he threw down the mic after rapping to his date I lost it. Not even clowning the guy, it was just surreal to see a SS person on Blind Date throwing down the mic. He also had that one thread where he broke someone's lp and sent it back in the mail with a condom. Dood had some moments. Anyone got that Guzzo/Blind Date footage?? I'm trying to see that shit right now. What happened to that guy btw? Never talked to him, but he was one of the interesting members on SS.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Bring back the Noth battle video!
    I wish dude. I didn't own it. I've been trying to holler at people in Orlando who have footage of me from back then, but to no avail. Flamingos and flip-flops baby, that's how we do down in Florida.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

Remember that shit? That shit was classic. When he threw down the mic after rapping to his date I lost it. Not even clowning the guy, it was just surreal to see a SS person on Blind Date throwing down the mic. He also had that one thread where he broke someone's lp and sent it back in the mail with a condom. Dood had some moments. Anyone got that Guzzo/Blind Date footage?? I'm trying to see that shit right now. What happened to that guy btw? Never talked to him, but he was one of the interesting members on SS.

Reborn like the rising of Rodimus Prime as Jewbacca.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Yo M,

peace

h

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Did LeToupt ever find his bicycle?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    maybe we could get KRS-One to come be a part of it.

Remember when LeToupt wanted breakbeatraer?

I WAS THERE

Remember when The-Crates called Dizzy "shitbird"?

I WAS THERE

Remember when Raj invited everyone to a sleepover?

YUP, I WAS THERE.

Remember the tRanSieNt?

Or when the E-Man was still posting mixes?

Haha. Yes! I remember the first "ILL RARE STABS" post too, and the relatively minor drama surrounding the DJ Shadow 'Changeling' sample.

Was this "Chaffey College revealed"?

Yes!

haha, I was responsible for that one!

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I would've been pissed if those were my microphones.

• Did LeToupt ever find his bicycle?

Yeah, Le Toupt found his bike all rusted in the rain outside of DJ Leacy's palacial estate. Probably payback for rummaging through his garbage to find a Donna Summer record broken in two. The same one he took to his job at the croissant shop and put in the oven in hopes of putting the two pieces back together. Well, we all know that the record let off an awful smell that drove all the customers from the croissant shop. His boss, then grabbed poor Le Toupt by the collar and threw him out in the street w/ his burned melted Donna Summer LP. It immediately started to downpour on Le Toupt, his melted vinyl and his red bike. At least the rain masked his tears.... That's the last anyone ever saw of Le Toupt.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Dude I'm right here. Bigger and blacker than ever.

If y'all liked the blind date thing stay tuned to your TV on December 7th, a special Guzzo appearence may be in the works on CBS

• The one moment that blew my mind was when Guzzo ended up on Blind Date.

If y'all liked the blind date thing stay tuned to your TV on December 7th, a special Guzzo appearence may be in the works on CBS

OOOOOOH SHIT for two reasons...

1- I'll set the DVR.

2- Guzz, I hired and shot a bunch of green screen with the Jew in the Black-Jew Dialogues avatar your sportin'. Get in touch if you want some more info, a copy, whatevs.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

OOOOOOH SHIT for two reasons...

1- I'll set the DVR.

2- Guzz, I hired and shot a bunch of green screen with the Jew in the Black-Jew Dialogues avatar your sportin'. Get in touch if you want some more info, a copy, whatevs.

I'll be sending you an e-mail soon.

as for the CBS dealy I shot a quick segment with them as a talking head for a show called "Movies Rock!". I didn't know what I was in for when they asked me to do it, but I figured it would be fun, and I had a friend working on the production so I could at least chill with her and chat it up for a bit.

When they got me in front of the camera they asked me what my all-time favorite music related film scene was. Without pause I told them it was the final fight scene from Karate Kid. I then did a one-man rendition of it playing all the characters (Daniel-San, Miyagi, Johnny, Cobra Kai sensei, bobby, and Elizabeth Shue). somewhere in the mix I started reciting verses from "Passin' me by" and I even think I danced and sang a bit, who knows how it'll look in the final edit. Alls I know is I left with the make-up girls number and a belly full of Craft services

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

as for the CBS dealy I shot a quick segment with them as a talking head for a show called "Movies Rock!". I didn't know what I was in for when they asked me to do it, but I figured it would be fun, and I had a friend working on the production so I could at least chill with her and chat it up for a bit.

When they got me in front of the camera they asked me what my all-time favorite music related film scene was. Without pause I told them it was the final fight scene from Karate Kid. I then did a one-man rendition of it playing all the characters (Daniel-San, Miyagi, Johnny, Cobra Kai sensei, bobby, and Elizabeth Shue). somewhere in the mix I started reciting verses from "Passin' me by" and I even think I danced and sang a bit, who knows how it'll look in the final edit. Alls I know is I left with the make-up girls number and a belly full of Craft services

play on playa.